I Made It To Germany!

• 611 posts
    December 8, 2012 1:10 PM PST
    To all my friends and family.
     I made it to Germany with the help of my youngest son Derrek. He showed up at the EXACT time I needed him most! So, all is good & I'm still waiting on my bag. Missed connections, packed airports and my disabilities couldn't stop me from getting where I needed to be...
    My grandkids Julian and Lilly were very happy to see me. Still need to catch up on my sleep and get used to the 9 hour difference in time...
    Thank you to the pilots and flight crews of Delta airlines and Lufthansa for the safe flights... and to my son Derrek. He drove a 3 hour round trip TWICE and when he walked up behind me at the baggage claim... at midnight in a snow storm... well, let me say that his face was a joy to see. I broke down right there. "Not all tears are an evil." Thank you to all that made it possible!
    Edge "Grampa" Walker
  • December 8, 2012 9:53 PM PST
    nice one...
  • December 8, 2012 10:02 PM PST
    Edge,have a good time.I have a cousin that lives in Germany also.
    • 19043 posts
    December 8, 2012 11:48 PM PST
    How Cool is this??? Have a Great time.
    • 5420 posts
    December 9, 2012 2:34 AM PST
    That's great Edge. Now spoil the hell out of them grand kids and then leave the country!
    • 16831 posts
    December 9, 2012 4:52 AM PST
    I'm happy for you. :-)
    • 9 posts
    December 9, 2012 4:55 AM PST
    HE always shows up, right on time. You know that. God Bless YOU, and your family, (more than HE already has) and savor this time, you've all been given. MERRY CHRISTMAS, my friend!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1855 posts
    December 9, 2012 5:33 AM PST
    Good on ya EW. Nice lookin' family too. Must be from the maternal side, eh?!! lOL

Peace
    • 80 posts
    December 9, 2012 5:59 AM PST
    Glad to hear that Edgewlalker. Always good to see family
  • December 9, 2012 11:08 PM PST
    Good to hear! Enjoy your time with the family! Went to the Bavarian Alps this summer, Germany is a great place to visit! Enjoy!
    • 48 posts
    December 10, 2012 1:08 AM PST
    Enjoy your family time man. My oldest is in Germany now after his fifth combat tour. Really cool that you got to go !
    • 85 posts
    December 10, 2012 5:15 AM PST
    Enjoy your trip, nothing better than time spent with family, stay safe.
    • 2 posts
    December 10, 2012 9:47 AM PST
    Good job!
  • December 10, 2012 10:54 AM PST
    Happy for you :-)
    • 314 posts
    December 10, 2012 10:38 PM PST
    Thats great
    • 3006 posts
    December 11, 2012 6:19 AM PST
    Awesome stuff,glad to see your havin some fun with the family !! Now try real hard not to corrupt those two bundles of joy with every imaginable treat possible lmao yeah sure ya willits in the nature of us granparents !! Have a lot of fun,catch up on some good hugs & love from the clan Walker n have a safe trip home !!!
  • December 11, 2012 9:14 AM PST
    hi there,i am from germany,where in germany are you??enjoy the christmas markets,the are awesome
    have fun,drink some gluehwein,lol germany is beautiful,even in the winter time
    • 2 posts
    December 11, 2012 11:39 AM PST
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    .   .   .   .   Now try real hard not to corrupt those two bundles of joy with every imaginable treat possible lmao yeah sure ya willits in the nature of us granparents !! .   .   .   .
    Grandchildren are how you get back at your children for all the times they embarrassed you at the grocery store.  - Go for it.
  • December 13, 2012 8:09 AM PST
    What a great Christmas present. It is great that you made safely. Germany is a beautiful place Christmas time has so many really cool things to see and do. And great food! Enjoy it to the hilt!!!! Merry Christmas!!!