Extra, double air horn, orange LED lights in front
    Tassels from handlebar
    Medium low windshield
    Plastic saddlebags
    Digital HD clock on handlebar
    K&N airfilter

last part of VIN 2435
    Nevada license plates 159586

My Screamin' Eagle Helmetwas also stolen, and much stuff in the saddlebags.

Thank you for keeping an eye out for me!

HDMette
    • 85 posts
    November 29, 2012 8:23 AM PST
    Best of luck, hope you get it back. I just hate a thief !
    • 16837 posts
    November 29, 2012 8:26 AM PST
    They should do the same to motorcycle thieves as they use to do to horse thieves!
    • 85 posts
    November 29, 2012 8:30 AM PST
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    They should do the same to motorcycle thieves as they use to do to horse thieves!

• November 29, 2012 11:35 AM PST
    I just wanted you to know I will be reposting this on facebook due to the fact of contacts in your area that are also lady riders.
    • 5420 posts
    November 29, 2012 11:59 AM PST
    RevBigJohn wrote...

Actually they shoud do the same to any type of thief! 
    You just don't take other peoples stuff that they worked hard for... period!

Mette, I really hope you get your bike back.  I know you must be really bummed

• November 29, 2012 3:32 PM PST
    FOUND, FOUND, FOUND, FOUND!

The police called me today. The bike is in a pawn shop in Reno or Sparks. I will get it tomorrow.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR GOOD ENERGY, FRIENDS!

I am insured for damages to the bike, less deductible ( $ 260) but not any items in the saddlebags or the helmet on the shelf. The home insurance has a $ 500 deductible, and is not coevering anything in or on the bike.
    If there is damage, towing to Harley is covered. If not, towing it home is on me. Yes, I can ride it home, another day. Weather permitting. It is howling at 30-70 mph until tomorrow evening.

My Sportster was parked in a locked garage with an additional thick chain to a 2x4 beam.

Remember to empty valuables out of your bike when you park it unless you have a different insurance than I do.
    Let me know!

Smiles and hugs to all of you!

Mette
    • 1 posts
    November 29, 2012 6:23 PM PST
    glad you got it back.
    • 19046 posts
    November 29, 2012 9:14 PM PST
    Sad that it was taken. Especially when indoors and chained. Any bike can be taken. A bolt cutter, two skate boards and a van. I agree with the Rev on this one...
    • 314 posts
    November 29, 2012 10:37 PM PST
    That is great you are getting it back! I am wondering how does it end up in pawn without a title?
    • 3006 posts
    November 30, 2012 6:13 AM PST
    Glad to hear you recovered the bike !!
    Its unfortunate the policy doesnt cover personal effects.
    I am surprised it wasnt included in the policy?
    Never leave your riding stuff in your bags no matter how safe ya think,cept your living room usually
    had my best riding gear and tools plus assorted other goodies ripped off at my friends locked secure condo garage.
    With a 500 ded nothing was covered for my personal effects,the only thing they didnt git was my helmet.
    I agree w/Paula totally,how did it end up at a pawn shop?? I am thinkin faked transfer title papers?
    • 16837 posts
    November 30, 2012 6:15 AM PST
    COOL!
    • 5420 posts
    November 30, 2012 7:38 AM PST
    Glad to here the bike is home (or on it's way home).
  • November 30, 2012 11:13 AM PST
    I would recommend having it towed to the dealer to have them check it out. You have no way of knowing how or what was done to your bike when it was stolen.
    • 85 posts
    November 30, 2012 1:43 PM PST
    Glad you got it back. I can picture a trip wire and a couple of pit bulls in the future! Or my ol lady after.... Ohhh never mind, I didnt know she was standing behind me! Ouchhh lol
    • 844 posts
    December 18, 2012 7:56 AM PST
    Better late than never- Glad you got your bike back!!!

Was everything ok with it?