Dream Run

• 40 posts
    October 17, 2012 1:51 AM PDT
     What is your dream run? I have 2 that I would like to do, 1) The national Rally of the Catholic Crossbearers in Cleveland,Ohio, 2) of course Sturgis! Anyone else has any dream runs you would like to share?
  • October 17, 2012 2:09 AM PDT
    Cross Country before I pass on to, hopefully, a better place. Would like friends and some family to come along. Great weather all the way out and back. See some places I always wanted to see in USA/Canada. Kinda corny some might say, but there is my ideal ride. 

Did a lot of Europe while stationed in Germany from 72' to 75'.  Way back then I did it on my Norton 850 Super Commando Dunstall.  Was real nice, roads are designed for riding, and Europe is about size of US so covered a lot.
    • 85 posts
    October 17, 2012 2:44 AM PDT
    I always wanted to see the west coast and Rockie Mts. I guess deep down Im afraid Ill want to stay, and roots are pretty deep in this part of the country, yet would still be a good ride!
    • 3006 posts
    October 17, 2012 6:45 AM PDT
    My dream run,N Calif to Daytona Beach Florida,follow in the footsteps of some ol school brothers who made the run & back over the course of one long summerthen finally git a tatt to remember it by !!
  • October 17, 2012 2:19 PM PDT
    Barrow, Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego. America from tip-to-tip. Probably not gonna happen; but have to dream.
    • 40 posts
    October 17, 2012 2:41 PM PDT
    There you go,dreams just like hope are the last to die.Who knows it might happen.
  • October 18, 2012 5:19 AM PDT
    One I absolutely have to do before I go, Route 12 in Utah. Another one would be the million dollar highway in Colorado, don't remember the actual route number but I hear it's an amazing road.

DocLubo ... I'm in New York, give me a holler when you start planning, maybe I'll join you for that ride across the states!
    • 19007 posts
    October 18, 2012 5:45 AM PDT
    Living my dream life right now. As for my dream run, I did that in 09.

48 states, 12,989 miles in 38 days!
    • 846 posts
    October 18, 2012 6:23 AM PDT
    Bike is ready, I'm ready and the cash to do is almost there. The company I work for gives us a 6 wk sabbatical every four years to cover the holidays give to employee's in other part of the globe. The plan it to head to Chicago and start down the Mother road Rt 66 to its end in CA. Then head up the Ca. coast and at some point head east for Sturgis bike week. After that head home via the HD museum and the assembly plant in York Pa. then home.
  • October 18, 2012 6:37 AM PDT
    done the Seattle-Flordia Keys round trip... done the Seattle to Fairbanks to Sturgis trip... done coast to coast round trips 5 times... two left I want to do before it's too late... Washington State, to Redwoods, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches, Royal Gorge, Yellowstone, Glacier, and home... second.. Seattle to north tip of Maine, then return thru Canada...of course hitting as many NP's as I can in route...
    • 2 posts
    October 18, 2012 12:09 PM PDT
    Want to circumnavigate the Great Lakes.

If I ever get rich (looking increasingly unlikely) want to pick up a trawler - Circumnavigate them on land then meet up with my boat and do it on water
  • October 18, 2012 12:21 PM PDT
    pcdoc54 wrote...
    One I absolutely have to do before I go, Route 12 in Utah. Another one would be the million dollar highway in Colorado, don't remember the actual route number but I hear it's an amazing road.

DocLubo ... I'm in New York, give me a holler when you start planning, maybe I'll join you for that ride across the states!

I'll definately give out a shout if I do.  I'm in North NJ close to NY State.
    Over 60 now, and will have to do it soon or I may have to trade in for a trike  LOL 

• 9 posts
    October 18, 2012 3:50 PM PDT
    You'd have to go back a couple years, and find my posts, about my dream ride.
    It's just too painful to talk about, ATM. It'll happen, God willing.

RIde Free
    Tweek
    • 79 posts
    October 18, 2012 4:09 PM PDT
    I have always wanted to do u.s. 50 coast to coast.My youngest is a freshman so i will have to wait for her to finish school.
    • 1 posts
    October 20, 2012 4:01 PM PDT
    Have ridden most all states except Alaska and Hawaii and strangly North Dakota. Done bear tooth, route 66 Deals gap... Most every road I could find. Even one the better half calls my cow trail... It was kind of paved and was a blast except coming around a sharp switchback to find a tree in what was not even a full lane... But last year when visting my daughter in Hokkaido I thought I had set up a deal to rent 2 bikes for about 750$ each for a week... UMMM Wrong they wanted that for a day... NOPE I am not going to pay that kind of money to ride those great valcanos, moutains, forest and lakes so that is still a dream... Thinking might just ship her one of the bikes for our next visit...; D
  • October 21, 2012 3:02 AM PDT
    `````````````````Ya``````````````````````
  • October 21, 2012 3:18 PM PDT
    My dream ride includes the Rocky Mountains and the sights along the way. Another is riding in the Smokey Mountains and riding The Tail of the Dragon. OK, those are two rides, but we've all gotta dream. Oh, and one thing on my bucket list is to attend a MotoGP and AMA Superbike race. I hear that MotoGP is coming to TX, and that's not all that far from South Arkansas. Dreams are what make life exciting :-)
    • 40 posts
    October 22, 2012 12:33 AM PDT
    There you go LCStrat, I second that.
    • 601 posts
    October 22, 2012 11:51 AM PDT
    have done most of what i ever wanted to do across the US and Europe, but someday (unlikely) i would love to get a KTM 400 trials bike and ride the 4-5000 miles alongside the great wall of China...and at the end say..

" fck you ghengis, anything you can do i can do too"
    • 40 posts
    October 23, 2012 1:29 AM PDT
    Rory thanks for sharing, ride safe!
    • 1855 posts
    October 23, 2012 6:10 AM PDT
    My dream ride is that all the cities just magically disappear. Lots of highways go coast to coast but there's just too many cities in the way.

BTW, we just got home after a 2,500 mile journey...W. Va, Va., Ky, Tn, N. Carolina, Georgia, Alabama. The fall colors in KY were simply out of this world.

Peace
    • 19007 posts
    October 23, 2012 10:05 AM PDT
    Hey Jimmy, I like that!!!!!!!
    • 0 posts
    October 25, 2012 6:47 AM PDT
    I have done most of everything in the lower 48 and have been into Alaska.
    This summer is the next Iron butt ride from Key West Florida to Prudhoe Bay Alaska, In one week. I figure 3 weeks total for the whole trip.

After that, it will be time to head south to Central and South America. At the very least I have to get to Rio on the bike before I die.