RRRRR...

• 1 posts
    October 13, 2012 2:31 AM PDT
    TribalBlue wrote...
    What bothers me is the intense social and peer group pressure on folks to spend spend spend. Many people spend soooo much they spend the next 6-8 months trying to pay off the credit cards and loans. Many people let other more important things, such as health care, home maintenance, etc., slide so they can buy presents. When I lived in Europe the people there were absolutely shocked at how much of our income Americans spent on presents (Christmas and birthdays and weddings and going aways and Easter and....well you get the idea). Most concerning is how wasteful and worthless most of these gifts really are. Giving for the sake of giving to the point of real pain. I don't think this is in the spirit of most of the holidays--I think it is marketing by amoral companies and sales departments.

^^^ I agree, I am not or is any one in my family hurting and even when I was climbing up the ladder at work and broke I tried to not spend but instead help with things that was needed... New shoes for a family that could not aford things... Food for the home less, clothes and tolietties for the battered shelter.    Even when I was broke I taught that we were just  to blessed and there was always some thing we could do to help are fellow man kind.  That is what it should be about.
    Buying love is not love.  
    Buying faith is not faith...
    buying gifts is no gift... 
     Helping your fellow man kind is also helping your self.

• 1 posts
    October 13, 2012 4:49 PM PDT
    Hey G...you are starting to show your age...christmas is a whole other industry...answer me this then...how come next summers fashion are already being paraded on catwalks across the world...damn in north america your just coming into the big white( no pun intended) Yet these dumb as dogshit designers are making next summers clothes...like keep it real!
    • 1 posts
    October 14, 2012 2:55 AM PDT
    Jonesy, Showing my age... I just dyed that stuff away.lol...

• 1 posts
    October 14, 2012 2:59 AM PDT
    see proved it too yourself by doing it....you don't see me doin it...grey is a colour....so's white...lol
    • 1 posts
    October 15, 2012 2:17 AM PDT
    Jonesy I dont mind my age... but I dont like having more grays then the Wooly man... Untill his grays are more then mine my grays will be the color my chooseing... I am thinking about colbot blue to match the submarine... Think I will look good with brown and blue hair????