Harley Gas Cap Recall

• 44 posts
    September 5, 2012 12:54 PM PDT
    Just a note That Harley Wants to ream out you bung hole LoL Just kidding Recall letters are going out from Harley #613 they are recalling softails 2008-2011 and 2008-2011 XL and some dyna models the gas cap is not screwing all the way down and sealing they say emissons bla bla bla Basicly Gas Vapors and GAS will come out of tank when the bike in in the sun. I have the letter should anyone need more info message me

RIDE FREE OR STAY HOME
    • 611 posts
    September 7, 2012 5:23 PM PDT
    Thanx for sharing...
  • September 8, 2012 1:45 AM PDT
    Found this site,www.recallsfinder.com/harley+davidson.html .
    It doesn't show the Gas cap issue for my model, but it did show some other things that I'm gonna check out.
    Thanks for posting, some things we never think about and a bikes' recall is one of them!
  • September 8, 2012 10:15 AM PDT

My '96 Low Rider Tank cap failed about 4 months ago, its the original cap, the bonding under the chrome part came undone and it wouldnt screw all the way down.....

.....Simple Fix Same Day.....Superglue dribbled in under the top part solved THAT problem...left it to set for a few hours before screwing it back in...

• 314 posts
    September 8, 2012 10:37 AM PDT
    My husband got a recall letter yesterday for his softail, think he said gas line
  • September 10, 2012 1:59 AM PDT
    Yipper, I got the letter too. You have to call your local HD dealer and give them your VIN number to verify that your bike is under the recall. My 2010 Steet Bob is. It's not a big deal really, They said an adjustment just needs to be made to my gas cap. No parts are even needed; it's just a pain really.
    • 5420 posts
    September 14, 2012 2:52 AM PDT
    From what I heard it's about a 5 minute fix and they just do it while you wait.