Oh Crap, I'm Going to Die

• 5420 posts
    August 11, 2012 4:38 AM PDT
    I was looking up some info on disabilty for a friend and I came across this in the SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY INSURANCE PROGRAM documentation...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally, the final month of entitlement to disability benefits for a worker is the earliest of the following:

• The month before the month in which the worker dies;
    • The month before the month in which the worker attains normal retirement age; or
    • The second month after the month in which the beneficiary recovers
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first one makes me wonder...  If your benefits are terminated and you are not reaching retirement age next month and you didn't recover in the past two months, does that mean you are going to die in the following month?  And how did they know?
  • August 11, 2012 8:42 AM PDT
    They are clever people...

...it was they who iinvented drive-by's ..... didn't you know that?
  • August 11, 2012 11:35 AM PDT
    ah if your between the ages of 25 and 63 if you want disability its a pure battle from hell be prepared to wait over 9 months before your first check if you pass inspection, and from there its 2 and 1/2 years before you will be able to get any medical help. It's expected to change to 3 years for medical helps shortly, and of course be prepared to take a drug test too....... Folks if ya only knew what the real truth, we would be so ashamed of our government. Deep down in side I fear for my countrymen. have a great one! "T"
    • 844 posts
    August 11, 2012 5:05 PM PDT
    Only you would catch that Lucky... that's funny
    • 611 posts
    August 17, 2012 8:55 AM PDT
    what was the question? Who's wine, what wine, where the hell did I die?
    • 611 posts
    August 17, 2012 9:04 AM PDT
    Nope, that's just their way of setting "Benefit Limits"...
    I have a 'chronic pain' disability and I had to retain Bender & Bender to get my Soc Sec. It was over two years before I was accepted. It's all good now, Tell your buddy, don't give up! Get B&B... they treated me good!