Need Memorial Tat idea for something special

• July 28, 2012 12:33 AM PDT
    I really haven't had time to deal with much this month,between the hospitals,work travel,and funeral little lone time to mourn...just trying to keep my act together is hard enough on any given day without having to say good-bye to mom.My tat friend will be moving soon to New York to be with his lady so I'm trying to decide..........anybody like to share pics of their memorial tat.................. 
    • 16780 posts
    July 28, 2012 4:43 AM PDT
    Condolences for the loss of your Mom.
  • July 28, 2012 7:06 AM PDT
    Tat of a "mothers ring" (her birthstone surrounded by all her children's birthstones)
    • 314 posts
    July 28, 2012 8:27 AM PDT
    Very Sorry for your loss. I am sure once all the craziness has settled you will come up with an idea
  • July 28, 2012 4:41 PM PDT
    Bless each of you, just a quick update before turning into bed.Decided today I needed a break, being very tired and waking up at 4 am on a Saturday my flesh said sit your tail at home but before long I was looking at all the things I really need to do in order to keep the chaos down to a minimal roar.Next thing I know I'm grabbing my truck keys headed to a rally, just too tired in this heat to head out on the bike....long story short, I had a memorial patch sewn for my vest plus an extra one for my older sis who also rides.Now my cherished mother will be proudly with me on all my journeys,even though she is in my heart and watching over me,she deserves the (hard headed child)  place on that sweaty vest.
    • 2 posts
    July 29, 2012 4:14 AM PDT
    Check out this link
    http://www.cyclefish.com/forum/Off-Topic/General/Show-Off-Your-Tattoo-160-1.html  /> No intention of going thru them all but one , not quite so young lady had tats of varying artistry honoring her:
    * Mother
    * Children
    * Profession
    * Husband - and - I think -
    * The entire Seneca Nation

+ maybe the USMC

• 658 posts
    July 30, 2012 6:33 AM PDT
    So sorry to hear that news. The craziness will pass with time but, your mother's love will live in you forever. Prayers are sent up for you and your family's healing.
  • July 30, 2012 8:10 AM PDT
    Get a portrait,the pic you posted is nice that one or one you like better,
  • July 31, 2012 3:31 AM PDT
    Sorry about your loss. Just remember, any ink is for you -- yes, in memorium and tribute, but an extension of your feelings. If doing a portrait, I recommend choosing how you best remember her. Sometimes the "best" picture isn't always the most representative of her truest nature and character.
  • July 31, 2012 12:39 PM PDT
    Love the portrait idea.Guess the reason I love this older pic of mom is because she hated photos being taken, it was her private nature.She wouldn't be happy to know I was even considering a tat of her face on my body.....very old school when it came to tats.
    • 395 posts
    August 1, 2012 6:08 AM PDT
    sorry for your loss...pick something that had meaning to her.....a flower in her favorite color...a cross centered between angel wings....or to make it very personal a character from a show or cartoon that you watched together...i have also seen tats of her favorite quote or some form of wisdom that she imparted to you..the best ones are something that you will look at and smile...
  • August 1, 2012 11:32 AM PDT
    Now you've got me thinkin'.....Magnolias....raised in Mississippi those were her favorite flower.Couldn't get those here in Texas for her casket floral, so we had a mix of roses with sik magnolias
    • 9 posts
    August 1, 2012 11:57 PM PDT

I love the idea of this one.  Just change the name and the dates...  **(This is a rough tat, please find a better artist.)

Sorry for your loss, this will help to ease the pain. 

Ride Free 
    Tweek