The Horse Smoke Out @ Cottonwood, AZ

• April 17, 2009 1:58 PM PDT

Has anyone been to this event before?  Can someone give me some info on it if you've been.  I think I would like to attend.  I would like to know if it's worth riding down 3000 miles for the 2 days.  And if there is plenty of "eyeball liberty"!!!

Thanks,

Ray

http://www.smokeoutrally.com/sow.htm

• 5419 posts
    April 17, 2009 5:18 PM PDT
    Never even heard of it but from their site sounds like it could be fun. Let's see if anyone who's been there replies and I might go myself. I will add it to the event calendar also.
  • April 21, 2009 4:14 PM PDT
    Looks like I can confirm this ride. I will leave here on Thursday morning and ride 900 miles to SLC where I will hook up with a buddy that is putting me up. Friday I will ride the rest of the way to Arizona. Sunday return home. 2900 mile trip in 4 days with a bit of partying and checking out some "titties"!!!!

Anyone else going to attend? If so look me up. I'll be the one in the black t-shirt!!! ha ha
  • May 3, 2009 6:25 PM PDT
    Is there no one here that will be going to this major event? The Smoke Out West is only the beginning of a week long group of events. First off is the Kick off at the Cottonwood, AZ then a 2000 mile ride to Rockingham, NC and a conclusion party here.
    In OKC there will be a 100 bike burn off show that will be filmed by the major TV shows. It will be followed all across the country.

But it starts in Cottonwood, AZ and I will be there. Will you be??????

http://www.smokeoutrally.com/mission.htm />
    • 5419 posts
    May 4, 2009 3:20 AM PDT
    Ray I really wanted to go, but had to make the concession to go somewhere special with the wife that weekend. Since she goes to all the rallies with me its the least I could do. Let me know how it is and if you say it's worth it I will put it on our calendar for next year.
  • May 5, 2009 7:48 PM PDT
    I'm leaving in the morning. 900 miles to SLC the another 600 to Cottonwood, AZ. Any one else going to be there?

• 19007 posts
    May 6, 2009 3:07 AM PDT
    Wish I could!
  • May 19, 2009 9:16 AM PDT
    We were suppose to go but had to cancle at the last minute. Cindy's brother worked the event (cottonwood cop) and her mom's BF attended the rally...both said it wasn't much to talk about.
    • 51 posts
    May 20, 2009 3:30 PM PDT
    I was just reading your comment in the other section. I can't believe you hit snow in the middle of May! Must have been a real trip riding in the snow.
  • November 13, 2010 2:34 AM PST
    hey everybody- i know this is an old post- but i did in fact ride down to the smoke out west 2010- it was held in Santa Rosa NM this yr as opposed to cottonwood AZ. smaller rally - garage built bikes everywhere- choppers and a shit ton of old harleys- way cool in that respect- that being said- it was lacking in the TREAT department and beverage facilities- Santa Rosa is a pretty conservative little town- and it was the first time it was held in santa rosa. i still had a great time- but if you are used to Sturgis and Chilli rodeos- you will be disappointed- but i did meet some great people there- there is also the smoke out east one week later at rockingham NC- and the horse magaizine also sponsorst the stampede which is a race that started at the santa monica peir and ended at rockingham NC- rules to the race are in place to keep only the hardcore individuals racing- 1. has to be a hardtail, 2. no windshield, 3. no hard bags, 4, no follow me trucks- just you and your machine!
    the article in the horse magazine was well written documenting the entire event- pretty damn impressive if ido say so myself-
    hope the info helps --- respects
    dave
  • November 23, 2010 11:38 AM PST
    I second Dave's comments, I am his old man who met him at Santa Rosa. We did have a great time! even for a small rally!