IN THE WIND

• July 3, 2012 11:01 AM PDT
    I WAS RIDING WITH AN OLE FRIEND THE OTHER DAY WHO HAD NEVER RIDDEN A HARLEY.HE RIDES A SUZUKI BOULAVARD 1600 OR SOMETHING. ANY HOW  WE DECIDED TO TRADE FOR A LITTLE AND RIDE EACH OTHERS BIKES,(YEA I TRUSTED HIM) NOW I RIDE A 02 ROADGLIDE.IT HAS A FAIRING WITH A SMALL SMOKED COLORED WINDSHIELD THAT I CAN LOOK OVER.HIS SUZUKI HAS A HUGE WINDSHIELD    .HE SAID IT WAS TOO MUCH WIND FOR HIM BUT HIS BIKE WAS LIKE DRIVING MY TRUCK WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN. NO WIND AT ALL. PERONALLY I LIKE A LITTLE WIND AND DODGING THE BUGS AND OCCASIONALLY TASTING ONE.AFTER ALL IT IS A MOTORCYCLE RIGHT!                                            YALL HAVE A SAFE HOLIDAY
    • 9 posts
    July 3, 2012 12:55 PM PDT

Wow Cal, you got a LOT of trust.  I don't remember ever actually tradin' anyone for a ride on sumpin else.  Not sayin' it wasn't done, cause there were times when my bike wasn't parked where I left it, and another one was in it's regular spot...Too bad, I don't remember...lol 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• July 3, 2012 1:03 PM PDT
    That's what GOOD friends are all about. I have a buddy that can ride my bike any time he wants, cause he leaves me with the ranch and everything on it.That's what trust and friendship are all about.
    • 5420 posts
    July 5, 2012 4:27 AM PDT
    For the first 20 years I never rode a motorcycle with a windshield, just never saw the reason. Now that I have been riding the Road King for the past 11 years I have gotten pretty spoiled by the windshield. I like the fact it comes off for local rides and I can have full on wind on me, but on the long trips it is on and I love it.

As for trusting my good friends with my bike... I wouldn't call them a good friend if I didn't trust them with anything I own.
  • July 5, 2012 4:36 AM PDT
    I just started riding with a Windshield! LOL
  • July 5, 2012 10:10 AM PDT
    Windshields are, obviously, nice in the winter time. I do like getting a little wind in the summer. Yesterday I was coming back from a jaunt to see the Mississippi River and it rained for the first time in a month or two. I actually loved getting soaked and cooled down.
  • July 5, 2012 3:33 PM PDT
    LOL! I'd swap bikes with someone I knew road and could handle it, hell its just a bike after all. Hell no one would want to ride the 77, the dyna was too girlie color for any dudes to sit on and well the road king, well I want to swap with my neighbors boyfriend he's got a V Rod and I just think it would be a hell of a lot of fun to get off the island and hit the inland areas and open it up. Windshields never had one, until 2000 when the group of folks all got together and bought a used one for me, I hated it I mean hated it, when I bought the dyna in 02 the first thing I did is take the windshield off the sportster and put it on he dyna. I road 14 years and at first try thought windshields sucked but dam I wouldn't ride with out one now. It has saved me from some flying debrie off trucks, huge bugs that hit me face and left little bruises don't happen, however I am missing out on the free dermal abrasions from the sandy roads here, the neck stress alone is enough to keep one on..........have a great one "T"
    • 9 posts
    July 5, 2012 4:40 PM PDT
    When I bought "BLUE", her twin sister, sittin' right next to her, had the windshield. And all the other little "bells & whistles". But when I stood there lookin' at the two of 'em, I INSTANTLY chose the one without. It wasn't just the fact, that I was buying my first "brand new" Harley. It wasn't the fact, that I wanted to "look kewl". It was more of, I didn't know, if I could handle "all that jazz". Later, after I'd been ridin' her, there were many times when I lamented, not havin' a windshield. OR the crash bars, OR the extra lights...but

Damn it was still FUN!!!

So...LIVE & LEARN & LIVE TO RIDE WTF ever you wanna ride, dressed ANY WAY you want!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    (and now, bein's I'm bein' sorely tested...I'm signin' off) LOVE YA'LL <3
    • 1855 posts
    July 6, 2012 1:16 AM PDT
    Windshields, rainsuits....seems I rode over 30 years without either. Then an epiphany!!!! Where have I been? LOL The ws comes off the Wideglide but the touring bike, whatever one I have, has the ws.

Peace
    • 14 posts
    July 6, 2012 1:41 AM PDT
    It's a Sporty, right? Harley-Davidson makes a quick release windscreen that can pop ON and OFF in under 30-seconds once initial fitment has been done. You don't have to keep riding it the way you bought it from the store. It's yours. Make it your own.

:cool:

Tweek
    wrote...
    Later, after I'd been ridin' her, there were many times when I lamented, not havin' a windshield. OR the crash bars, OR the extra lights...but