This is getting crazy!

• June 12, 2012 5:49 AM PDT
    Man I can not believe this fire here in Colorado! Loveland is my home town and I used to go camping and partying up in these mountains all the time! This is crazy! Its only the beginning of june and the fire season is off to a very bad start! This fire was growing 20-40 feet a minute with zero percent containment as of last night. I dont know what the stats are  now, but I know it went from 2 acres saturday afternoon, to 8000 sunday morning to 36000 yesterday morning.  I now live in Denver and work in LODO about an hour or so away from the fire, and the smell of smoke is bad and the haze is awful too.This is totally nuts! My thoughts and prayers to everyone there! And a big shout out to the men and women on the fire line doing whatever they can against a seemingly unstoppable blaze!
    • 5420 posts
    June 12, 2012 5:55 AM PDT
    We are quite familiar with wild fires hear in So Cal ! Be sure to stay safe and PLEASE listen to the warnings of the professionals. Nothin bothers me more than hearing about firefighters having to go in and risk their lives to rescue people who wouldn't leave during the evacuation warnings.

Stay Safe!!!
  • June 12, 2012 7:17 AM PDT
    Prayers for all those in its path!!
    • 3006 posts
    June 12, 2012 7:24 AM PDT
    Sending prayers for all those facing its fury!!!
    Here in the San Francisco east bay hills we know about crazy wild fires,
    hoping ya git some much needed rain to put a damper on it !!
    • 823 posts
    June 12, 2012 8:40 AM PDT
    We got some big ones here in NM too. The Whitewater Baldy is now close to 300,000 acres. Little Bear is already at 30,000. We need rain bad!!!
    • 834 posts
    June 12, 2012 9:01 AM PDT
    Echoing Paula... We wish all the best for everyone in the path of these fires. May you, your families and your homes be safe from disaster.
    • 19037 posts
    June 12, 2012 9:17 AM PDT
    Man that just plain sucks!
    Be safe all.
    • 9 posts
    June 12, 2012 9:45 AM PDT

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...scept a forrest fire.  Be safe, ALL in it's reach. 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• June 12, 2012 9:58 AM PDT
    I usually see the fires on my way to Sturgis up in the Montana mountains... never pretty and one year we damn near choked to death with all the smoke going across the road! Stay safe! I lived in Longmont for about a year, nice town and we did some partying in Loveland and Estes Park!
  • June 12, 2012 11:13 AM PDT
    Wow, hoping eveeryone is safe - especially the fire fighters