Riding Into History

• May 9, 2012 1:25 AM PDT
     Heading to Riding Into History next Saturday the 19th. Great vintage m/c show with hundreds of cool bikes. Just 10 bucks unless they have raised prices since last year. Near St. Augustine in FL, off of 1-95 at a great place called the Golf Village. Money raised goes to Wounded Warriors - good cause. Anyone else going? Anyone been before? Here is a photo I took last year.
    • 19043 posts
    May 9, 2012 1:57 AM PDT
    WOW that would be a cool thing to do. Wish I could.
    • 846 posts
    May 9, 2012 2:18 AM PDT
    I seen my first bike in that photo about mid way. I would like to go it looks cool. But it a little to far for a weekend ride for me.
  • May 9, 2012 2:30 AM PDT
    Most people call them ugly but I just love those stamped steel Hondas, they just looked cool! Call it forbidden love if you will! LOL
    • 3006 posts
    May 9, 2012 4:49 AM PDT
    Who would have thought that old 64 Honda 90 cc, I sold after riding for 2 years, would become a collectible?? Would love to hit this show,brings back a lot of good ole memorys !!! Thanks for sharing this !!!
    • 5420 posts
    May 9, 2012 5:32 AM PDT
    Bringing back memories!!!
    • 16831 posts
    May 9, 2012 5:58 AM PDT
    A lot of folks around here have old bikes in the far corner of their garage, shed, barn.
    If someone had the knowledge of these multi-manufactured old gems and set up shop, bought a load of these, restored them, they would have a gold mine.
    • 2 posts
    May 9, 2012 11:12 AM PDT
    Like seeing your 1st love again - Might not be as hot as you remember but sweet just the same.

If somebody offed to swap straight up their Hawk for my Ulysses, not sure what I would do.
    • 5420 posts
    May 9, 2012 5:09 PM PDT
    When I think of all the bikes I sold back in the day for just a few bucks to get something bigger or better. I should have just hung on to them and I would have a hell of a collection right now!
    • 1855 posts
    May 9, 2012 11:51 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    When I think of all the bikes I sold back in the day for just a few bucks to get something bigger or better. I should have just hung on to them and I would have a hell of a collection right now!

But alas, we weren't always so smart back then.  We'll be heading west and not by way of Florida.

Peace

• May 10, 2012 1:44 AM PDT
    Wow! Cool looking event to attend. Makes me think of my first bike, a 90cc (or was it 96, I cant remember it was so long ago) Chapparell. My family decided at a young age I needed to learn about bikes, coming from a biker family, all of us kids had bikes at an early age, but my father, who was the one always in clubs and riding was more excited when I got my first bike then I was I think. It was like that scene from "A Christmas Story" where at the end the father surprised ralphy with the red rider bb gun. The look on his face and his excitement was like my dads. Being the youngest of 4 boys and me being more like my father then the other 3, mainly because I was his only true blooded son, the other 3 were from a differant father, so my dad was really excited when I got mine and made sure I knew how to maintain it myself, and tune it up and everything. And when all the other riders in the family, and the "brothers" would come over, my dad would show off my first bike to everyone, and it was like I had lost my virginity the way they were all congratulating me and everything. Wow, great memories. Sorry, I kind of rambled here, it broughtme back to my youth in the late 70's! ohhhhh what great times those were!