Keep me in your prayers...please?

• 1516 posts
    May 11, 2012 6:00 AM PDT
    great news Tweek, now that we know everything is ok, I can tease you right? So.. now you are trying to tell us that you are completely "Normal" ?? lol
  • May 11, 2012 6:06 AM PDT
    Hang in there.
    • 19046 posts
    May 11, 2012 6:18 AM PDT
    Glad the news was GOOD!
  • May 11, 2012 6:20 AM PDT
    Be careful what you eat when taking those pills for high cholesterol, anything salty or spicy can make you feel like your skin is on fire. They have that effect on me sometimes, very uncomfortable feeling.
  • May 11, 2012 6:33 AM PDT
    Another thing, I usually don't preach to people about quitting smoking, (I had to quit after my heart attack, I smoked 2 packs a day ) But with having high blood pressure and high cholesterol you may already have arteries that are clogging up, and smoking actually shrinks your arteries making it more difficult for your heart to pump blood. Witch can cause pain in your chest and your back. That's what I went through.
    I'm not trying to scare you, Just trying to help. So please take it as so.
    • 567 posts
    May 11, 2012 7:23 AM PDT
    Glad it was good news. Maybe MY prognosis was right. It was just the meanness settling into one spot. LOL
  • May 11, 2012 7:30 AM PDT
    Good news!! I'm with ya on the quitin the smokes issue!! I gotta get this done!!

@Rob, good info! Thanks, I didn't know that smokin shrinks the arteries! One more reason to give em up!!

Keepin ya in my Prayers Tweek!
    ~P
    • 9 posts
    May 11, 2012 10:15 AM PDT
    Thanks All! Rob, I was on these same med's before, and I stopped takin' Crestor, cause it gave me worse migraines.
    I was originally diagnosed with both these problems over 10 yrs. ago. And I was on med.'s til they yanked my insurance. It's taken me two years, to get approved for this low-income insurance. They denied me twice, cause
    my income wasn't "low enough". That's the rub, if I make enough income to support myself, I can't get insured unless I pay for it. But I wasn't making enough to do that. Sheesh. Talk about jumpin thru hoops...
    And Bill? This right here, is enough to make even the "nicest" person mean and ornery as hell!
    And even tho they said my X-ray was clear, I can't help but wonder what the heck is goin' on then. It's been
    over three months, and I can "feel" something inside of me. I don't always trust medicine...that's why they
    call it "the practice of". If it were a deep bruise, I don't know that it would last this long. But whaddoo I know.
    I'll take the med.'s, pray and see if it clears up. If not, I'll go and get an ER doc to take a look. They have
    a CT scanner, and that might yield better results. Thanks Paula, and everyone for the prayers. And keep
    me on your list. Couldn't hurt.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 2 posts
    May 12, 2012 11:49 AM PDT
    Worry about you kid!

For that it is worth:
    1. Smoking isn't good for you (but you already knew that). Can't quit; get a can of Copenhagen, No statistical difference in lifespans of Swedish snuff users the general population
    2. In my opinion statins rot (your brain is made out of cholesterol). - Use them long enough to get things down to the low, alarming range but depend on diet for the long term. - Wife had cholesterol suddenly go out control. She eliminated sugars, syrups, fruit juices, wheat, rice, rye & barley - added more meat & vegetables + a lot more eggs. She is now down in the low normal + blood sugar is down.
  • May 13, 2012 12:46 AM PDT
    I'm glad about the good news! If your rib pain gets worse when you take a deep breath or cough. It might be Pleurisy (an inflammation of the lining of the lungs and chest) It can hurt like the dickens. With the clear xray it might be a minor infection most likley viral. Due to the fact that you smoke it can take longer to heal. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • May 13, 2012 1:26 AM PDT
    Just a quick 2 cents worth from me again.....

I had a reading of over 9 on the Cholesterol and very high blood pressure through being sat in a wheelchair for nearly 2 years eating everything I wanted to without any regard to the consequencies.....They told me I was borderline diabetic and at risk of heart attacks or strokes because of the high readings.....

I started using Extra Virgin Olive Oil at the rate of 2 tablespoons a day and in just one week my level dropped to 4.2 (I have no idea what the numbers used refers to, but probably a score near 10 means bad and score much lower means good...lol...) It worked for me so if you can take it do it ok?

All I did was dip bread in it and took it neat like that ... and still do but at the rate of just one tablespoon a day and I never have had any further problems with Cholesterol or Blood Pressure.....

Give it a go honey...it was proved to work for me.....

Jetman...

ps... I never used ANY meds at all... and Olive Oil must be used straight, dont cook with it or it turns into a form of fat!!!
    • 910 posts
    May 14, 2012 3:27 PM PDT
    Breathing a sigh of relief for now. take care of yourself gal. ByIn whatever ways you can. xx
    • 9 posts
    May 16, 2012 12:40 AM PDT

Tank u berry mush, Ya'll! 

And D.J., you know as well as I do, that I'll NEVER be normal...muah!  

Ride Free 
    Tweek