accident

• May 6, 2012 11:16 AM PDT
    Thursday morning My ex-wife called and said my son was in a wreck.She was on her way to work and my son was behind her on his m/c.She went thru the intersection And as my son was approaching it a car turned left in front of him.My ex happened to look in her mirror and saw his headlamp go down.She turned around and saw him lying in the road bleeding.A stupid woman in a 4wheeler turned left in front of him and he t-boned her.My ex thought she was looking at our dead son as the driver of the car kept saying" I didn't see him." Thankfully there was several people there who knew what they were doing rendering aid within moments.He was taken to Ben Taub in Houston where the emergency personnel did a great job putting him back together.He had a concussion neck was cut,a little road rash, ripped up right hand,a broken clavicle and a shattered hip.Most of it is cosmetic and will be gone in a few weeks and we are thankful for that.But he has his hip operated on Thursday and will face 3+ months of rehab and his mother will never get the picture of her son lying there out of her mind all because some driver "Did not see him." 

Remember when you're out there they are out to kill you whether intentionally or not.Always drive safely and if you see somebody do something stupid tell 'em about it.
  • May 6, 2012 12:38 PM PDT
    Geeze I am very happy he will be recover from this accident. The dreed left infront has taken out many a biker. I don't know if we blend into the car behinds us with the one headlight or not. Hell folks can't see a big semi coming so a motorcycle isn't going to be seen. We always have to keep the eagle eye open. Light a white candle for your son may he hearl quickly with little compications or pain. have a great one! "T"
    • 1 posts
    May 6, 2012 1:14 PM PDT
    its always a shocker when its someones kid or your own...I've been through it a few times. My son thinks he's better than evil knevil, and so far has lived to tell his tales...No use me ridiculing him, when i can still get by him under brakes on a tight mountain road...but i honestly think cages are too comfortable these days...sterio mp5 air con, pwr everything, internal airbags...they outa have exterior ones for the dopes who can't see bikes or pedestrians...
    • 9 posts
    May 6, 2012 1:38 PM PDT
    Oh Jeez Willie,
    I'm so sorry to hear that about your son. But really HAPPY, that he'll live to tell the story! As you may or may not know, MAY is Motorcycle Awareness Month, and I'm doing everything I can to promote that almost daily on my other social site. I figure Ya'll already know what's what, eh? But it sure can't hurt for us all to be more vigilant in "putting it out there". I have stickers on my MommaMini, and my cager friends, proudly display their stickers in
    support of all of us who ride. And I pray for my ridin' brothers and sisters, everyday! I'll say a prayer for total healing for your son, Willie. And let's all say a big thanks to the one watchin' out for us all! Blessings.

Ride Free
    Tweek

Click on the link, and they put up more signs...
    • 3006 posts
    May 6, 2012 2:01 PM PDT
    Glad to hear he is not too badly injured,yet they are serious enuff & I wish him a speedy whole recovery.
    In the last two weeks I have been encountering the person whippin the Uturn from curbside on my right.Seems like this crap runs in bunches for me,some weeks its the uturn idiots,other weeks its the tailgater fool,then others its the whip the left turn in front of me bs. Here in the SF bay area we git tourists from all over the world who cant drive worth a dam !!!
    Hopefully this will be the first & last accident your son has to deal with while riding !!
    • 16828 posts
    May 6, 2012 6:38 PM PDT
    I'm very sorry to hear about your son's crash, he is in my prayers.

I often wonder, and have asked this question so many times.
    The city I lived in until I was 16 (I live 20 some miles from there now) has had motorcycle cops since the 40's with only 2 fatalities,
    how come folks see them so well?
  • May 7, 2012 1:11 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear this BUT grateful that he is OK!! Prayers for quick healin!! ~P
    • 658 posts
    May 7, 2012 1:24 AM PDT
    Willie, Glad there were people close by that knew what to do and him make it through. Time will heal the wounds both physical and mental. Praying for his quick and full recovery.
    • 19037 posts
    May 7, 2012 1:32 AM PDT
    Tragic, very tragic, as all others I am happy it wasn't the worst. In time he will heal.
    • 7 posts
    May 7, 2012 2:01 AM PDT
    OMG! So sorry to hear of his injuries but, happy to hear he'll pull through.

Thanks for sharing your story. I think Jonesy got it right "...cages are too comfortable these days".
  • May 7, 2012 2:35 AM PDT
    Thanks to everyone for your thoughts,and Jonesy you're right about the external airbags but we'd all be bouncing around like pinballs.
    • 580 posts
    May 7, 2012 10:19 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear but so glad that it isn't the worst news. Big hugs to you all and particularly mum who will carry that image forever. Hope he heals quickly.
  • May 7, 2012 12:21 PM PDT
    Prayers over your son for total healing.I guess if momma had wanted to extract blood from the cager most jurors would have understood her wrath and mental despair at the accident scene.....yeap, think she could have got away with killing the cage driver.....No mother could have convicted her after seeing what she witnessed....I often swerve in my lane and flash my lights if I have even a small doubt .....Ride like your invisible all the time, stay out of blind spots, use other autos to block you in intersections....even all these things being said are not 100 percent fool proof.....key words Fool Proof....idiots abound;-( sorry about the rant....plez keep us updated
  • May 7, 2012 12:28 PM PDT
    I'm glad your son is okay and will recover - that's the kind of phone call no parent ever wants to get. My thoughts and prayers are with your son and family.
    • 9 posts
    May 8, 2012 3:37 AM PDT

Share this with people you may know, who talk or text while driving.  It's pretty sobering.

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_page/D4151 />
    (sorry, you'll have to copy and paste this into your browser, but please check it out, and SHARE IT!)

Ride Free  Tweek

• May 8, 2012 6:03 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear this news mate, heres hoping for a speedy repair and recovery...

From Tweeks post...
    http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_page/D4151
  • May 8, 2012 11:08 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear about the accident and happy to hear he will be ok. I heard the same "I'm sorry I didn't see you" just the other day while I was riding my bike. It was in the middle of the day, the sun was shining bright as can be, I was just cruising about 50 mph and the car next to me literally came into my lane forcing me out into the emergency lane. I thank God I wasn't hurt, but it made me so mad. I kept my cool and told her that I was ok, but I seriously wanted to beat her ass. Seriously, people in cages need to watch out for bikers.
    • 0 posts
    May 8, 2012 12:52 PM PDT
    So sorry to hear this, hope he has a complete & quick recovery. Being a mom, I can't even imagine what you are going through as parents. Will say a prayer for you.
  • May 8, 2012 1:21 PM PDT
    i hear ya ppl are always talking on there cell phones or texting or  just plain not paying attention now and days. i dodge at least 3 to 4 cars or trucks a week here in ohio. any way im glad ur son is turning out ok..
  • May 9, 2012 8:50 AM PDT
    Been gone for a while from here, when  you here of bike wrecks--- it is always sickening. Things happen so fast, and for your ex to watch the whole thing must be hard for her. Very glad to hear he will be ok. thoughts are with ya.
    • 1780 posts
    May 9, 2012 1:42 PM PDT
    As Ron White might say.......Pink Skin Is Forever

Still have pink skin from my little fall in Ky way back when.
    Be careful out there!
    • 9 posts
    May 11, 2012 12:46 AM PDT
    Jetman wrote...
    Sorry to hear this news mate, heres hoping for a speedy repair and recovery...

From Tweeks post...
    http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_page/D4151

***Thanks for doin' that Jet.  Too bad the link only goes to the promo.  Didn't know that til AFTER I posted it.
    Sorry ya'll.  Just tryin' to make a difference...

Ride Free
    Tweek

BTW, how is your son doing, NOW?  Keep us posted, eh?

• May 12, 2012 7:09 AM PDT
    OK my son was operated on yesterday and everything went well.They used three plates rebuilding his hip,removed the pin from his leg and they did not have to operate on his foot.The hand and face and road rash are healing nicely.Was told 3 months of no weight bearing and then he can start rehab.Takes up to 10 days for the accident report to be available so don't yet know what we are up against but have a lawyer on standby.Thanks for all the good thoughts and remember be careful they're all out to kill you.
    • 658 posts
    May 12, 2012 8:46 AM PDT
    Willie, Glad to know he doing better. Let him know we all are praying for him to have a full recovery. Keep us updated.