Westboro Baptist church.......

• 395 posts
    May 4, 2012 5:06 AM PDT
     Dear brothers and sisters..i have just recieved word that the Westboro Baptist church plans on protesting the funeral of Jason Edens in Franklin Tn on Saturday at williamson memorial funeral home.....he was the relative of a very dear friend..He suffered a serious head injury on the field and passed on April 26.The Patriot Gaurd has already been contacted and said they will be present to help shield the family from these...ahem, "people"..(trying very hard to be nice here)..and their thirst for media attention..i can not put into words my "dislike" for these people and their self serving tactics...if you happen to be in the area please be present to show your support for our men and women who give the ultamite sacrafice for our freedom.it is the best consolation to the grieving family to know that complete strangers will rally around their fallen loved one in a show of united support.....I am very glad i will not be able to make it down....this angers me to the point of considering jail time worthy actions the Tenneessean did an article on him, if you wish more info...you may not respect the fight...but you damn well better respect the people who fight......thanks for listening to my rant.......
    • 16831 posts
    May 4, 2012 5:36 AM PDT
    All through history nations great and small have had the utmost respect for their warriors, unfortunately some folks here in the good old U.S.A. don't get it.
    • 3006 posts
    May 4, 2012 5:42 AM PDT
    Its a sad day when a group of people try to use the funeral of a stranger to make a self serving political statement,when their energys would be better directed elsewhere like in Washington?

My hats off to the riders and fellow countrymen who excercise their right to assemble to protect the dignity & privacy of those intended victims of this most insensitive action.
  • May 4, 2012 5:59 AM PDT
    One thing they don't think about is that's it's the sacrifice this soldier and the ones previous that allows them the freedom to do these horrible things. It just makes me ill.
  • May 4, 2012 6:34 AM PDT
    AMEN.......Thanks to the Patriot Guard
    • 9 posts
    May 4, 2012 7:17 AM PDT
    You know if I had a bike, Lola, you wouldn't even have to ask. I am a member of Journey 4 Justice, and even tho, I can't be in the PG, without a bike, I can sure as heck lend my support. God Bless all the rider's in the Guard! But you DON'T need to wear the patch, to participate. We need to show Westboro Baptist, and it's "followers" just what
    we think of 'em. You wouldn't recognize me, if one of 'em got between me, and any soldiers funeral...

God Bless Jason and his family!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 81 posts
    May 4, 2012 7:23 AM PDT
    The PGR will do anything legally possible to shut them down. Joining the group is something we all can do. No bike no problem, You can stand a flag line or drive a support vehicle or bring a friend and ride 2 up. Here in Nebraska we have at least one member who cant ride(health reasons) but they come out and stand the flag line.
  • May 4, 2012 7:51 AM PDT
    Last year there were 2 funerals on consecutive days. First day there were so many that showed up for support that the protesters were very hard to find. 2nd day the protesters didn't even show. They just went home.
    • 5420 posts
    May 4, 2012 8:38 AM PDT
    This whole thing pisses me off on so many levels. I don't give a rats a$$ what your belief may be about war in general, whether or not we should be involved in any of the current conflicts, who should or should not be in the military, or whether or not you like our current administration and/or their policies. There are plenty of places to take up cause about any of these issues (and if you feel the need to do so, go for it), but a funeral, ANY FUNERAL is NOT THE PLACE.

These young men and women volunteered to put on a Uniform and protect this Country - and they deserve respect and gratitude for this. They didn't make the rules, and in some cases they may not even agree with all the rules themselves. But yet they without question or hesitation stand side by side with some they may agree with...to protect our Country. So if you want to protest go stand outside your Congressman's office and do so - it's your right!

Now all that aside, what about plain old respect for the life of another human being, and more importantly the loved ones who are in mourning! How can ANYONE with even a single strand of humanity or good in their body even bring themselves to do this as mothers and fathers endure the greatest pain any of us will ever endure - the loss of a son or daughter.

Are these people really so far out of it that they don't even realize that the person in the coffin, the one they are supposedly protesting, is the only one there who is not aware of the protest. They are not letting this person know how they felt above them, and they are certainly not doing anything that will ever change any policy - what person in their right mind would ever say "Hey those guys over there showing no regard for humanity have a good point"... all they are doing is not allowing a mother and father to lay their son or duaghter to rest in a resptful and peaceful manor - a God given right!

• 2 posts
    May 4, 2012 9:03 AM PDT
    They threaten to show up a lot more often than they show.

A year or two ago we lost a local lass, every father's daughter, every young man's aspiration, and they threatened to show. - Fire Departments, volunteer & paid professional were there, every branch of law enforcement was there, Legion Riders & The Patriot Guard were there, riders numbering into the hundreds were there and of course, the National Guard was there - What was missing was the Westboro Baptists

p.s.: For the record, it does hurt a lot more when it is a female
  • May 4, 2012 10:10 AM PDT
    Westboro Baptist Church has gone as far as to bomb health care clinics killing people, protesting soliders funnerals, protesting other Churches, Other countries, any and everything that doesn't agree with their beliefs. I don't think there is a more racist group of bigots this country has ever had the non pleasure of calling Christian. They are anything but Christian as far as I am concerned. I have taken part in funnerals and such here in Jacksonville and New Jersey where they were supected of showing up. I am ashamed of These Americans, and would proudly stand for the soliders coming home, the soliders families taking them to their finial resting place and most certianly would stand out side the family's home to protect the respect the family deserves to morn their loved one. have a great day "T"
    • 601 posts
    May 4, 2012 11:37 AM PDT
    that guy Phelps was on Irish radio recently, we have a station here called 4fm and anything go's on they're talk shows.... the callers and the presenter ripped him a few new assholes..it was funny, he got torn apart for his extreme beliefs, he couldn't believe it coming from a so called "Christian country". We may be Christian here but clowns get short shift....one caller even suggested that him and all his followers should be "kneecapped in the head!" (if ye can figure that out)
  • May 5, 2012 1:26 AM PDT
    I think Mr. Phelps is in for a rude awakening when he finally stands before his Creator.
    • 9 posts
    May 6, 2012 1:02 AM PDT

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=westboro+baptist+church+bombing

What kind of people ARE these, who would raise their children in this warped belief? 

I think most of these sorry folks, are just tryin' to find a connection to something.  ANYTHING, in their lonely, miserable existences...
    I pray for them, and their children.  May God have mercy on them all.

And I pray for the servicefolk who have perished, and their families.  That God will show them grace, and keep the enemy from their door.

Ride Free
    Tweek

• 567 posts
    May 6, 2012 2:47 AM PDT
    The WBC is the reason I'm a member of the Patriot Guard Riders. I hope the PGR shows up en masse at that young man's funeral to show respect to his family, friends and community.

@ Tweek ... what mtncrash1 said is true. You don't have to have a motorcycle to be a member of the Patriot Guard. And, if you don't have a 3x5 flag for the flag line, show up anyway. There's always an extra flag that someone will have as a loaner for ya.
    • 19040 posts
    May 6, 2012 10:49 AM PDT
    Solarbill, if I were to join a group again, which I may in the future, it would be the PGR or some similar minded organization. For what they do as respect for fallen heroes, and for what they do to stifle the wbc.
    • 81 posts
    May 6, 2012 11:34 AM PDT
    I joined the American Legion Riders first. The first mission I rode with them was also with the PGR. A few days after that I joined the PGR as well. Now if I dont get notice from one I usually get it from the other. Most times its from both.
    • 2 posts
    May 6, 2012 11:49 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Solarbill, if I were to join a group again, which I may in the future, it would be the PGR or some similar minded organization. For what they do as respect for fallen heroes, and for what they do to stifle the wbc.

The PGR is not a "group" in any typical sense of the term.
    You agree to their rules, which are reasonable in every way  - Buy a patch (Optional I think)
    If they think there is the possibility of a disruption to a military funeral they notify you 
    If you elect to show you arrive bringing a large American flag on a flag pole & dressed in a respectful manner, - There is no requirement that you show up
    If there is a demonstration you stand between the demonstrators & the bereaved family, keeping you back to the demonstrators

When things are quiet you go home

I am in the Legion Riders but not with the PGR (Ulysses not the thing for transporting a flag on a pole + As I
     mentioned, so far they have not shown up the the Twin Tiers area)