Sturgis?

• 611 posts
    May 2, 2012 1:41 PM PDT
    My baby Brudder got hisself inna heap-o-trouble boy! He rode to my house on his Fatboy (Babe) 170 miles from Everett to Yakima. Then I rode with him from Yakima to Ritzville. We had A brew, then I left him at the freeway. He headed to Post Falls ID and I had a great ride back home (300 miler) and he texted me when he rolled in to his son's house.
    Sunday night, I get the call... He went an done sumpin' stoopid. Have 3 too many brews, climbed aboard Babe and preceded to wreck his beloved scoot a short distance from the bar. (Haven't got the full story yet). Idaho is a No Helmet state, so of course he wasn't wearing his skid-lid... He hit face first, opened up his noggin, 'bout 30 stitches worth and loosened his front teeth. Ambulance, cops, hospital, DUI, jail, release, Babe goes home in a pickup (ohtheshame) and my Brudder and I prob ain't gonna make Sturgis this year because he just got hisself a whole new set of money troubles. Well, I'm gonna blame him, right?
    I've (of course) heard from him since he got home... He's pretty embarrassed w/himself and hasn't talked to me much. He's an construction electrician so you KNOW he's hurtin! Well, I wish him Fast Healing, easy bike fix and MORE SENSE! aww, he's my baby brudder... knucklehead but ya gotta lovim'...
    Edge "NoGo" Walker
    The pic is of him on our ride "before".

• 3006 posts
    May 2, 2012 2:22 PM PDT
    Hope he heals up qik like n learns his lesson,drinkin & riding bikes dont mix well if ever..lol..my kid bro I fished out a couple of times,I think it goes with the territory?? I am guilty of it also yet back in my younger days when layin down the bike wasnt a triple digit expense,and out in the canyon the PD didnt bother ya unless ya called in injurys.
    Glad to hear it wasnt more serious !!!
  • May 2, 2012 2:27 PM PDT
    Sorry to hear about both his bad luck for crashing and yours for not getting to come to Sturgis. I will be thinking of u both.
    • 611 posts
    May 2, 2012 6:54 PM PDT
    Thanx BBuzz... Yeah he's a tough one... It's the LAW-Thang he's gotta worry bout, ya know?

Hey Brewer, thanx for the kind words... We'll just have to go next year... Always seems to be 'next year', don't it?
    It's all good, he's still alive and I still got my brudder to pick on...

Edge "Picker" Walker
  • May 3, 2012 4:17 AM PDT
    oh man, sometines its hard to say when, when your having yourself a good time. Sometimes though a good time isn't worth all the troubles it causes. I can tell you as a family member of many mounted officers it doesn't matter if a rider does everything right and the crash isn't the riders fault, he's automatically at fault with alcohol on board. I hope your brother heals quickly with little pain, and didn't suffer from any facial road rash as that can really be rough to deal with later. May his leagle troubles be few..........may Babe be reborm if not to former glory then one of custom engineering. Feel Better soon sir "T"
  • May 3, 2012 4:29 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear this Edge...Prayers for quick healin (brother & the babe) and min. financial burden for your brother!!
    ~P
    • 395 posts
    May 3, 2012 7:47 AM PDT
    sorry bout your luck brother...i may not make it this year either..still trying, but is iffy at this point..you do what you can...hope baby brother gets healed up quick.....
    • 611 posts
    May 3, 2012 8:32 AM PDT
    Thanx Ladies for your kind words and encouragement! He'll get thru this just like all his other crap he's gone thru... One step at a time...
    Edge "BigBro" Walker
    • 1 posts
    May 4, 2012 9:27 PM PDT
    well Edge its not like any of us haven't done what he's done before...had one or 5 too many and jumped on and rode home..luckily most of us make it. Pity your not going to Sturgis though woulda been great to catch up.
    • 611 posts
    May 5, 2012 3:22 PM PDT
    Thanx Mr Jones... Actually talked to him today... He drank 6 1/2 beers (pounders) in 7 hours... Hmmm, he could handle 2 or 3 more and still be upright. I think somebody slipped him something. He told me that he was aware of where his brew was @ all times...
    He's gonna get 'Lawyered-Up" & try to quash the charges, but can't get the toxicology reports... another Hmmmm...
    Annywho, thanx for the replies and kind words, turns out he WASN'T too buzzed!... So, my apologies to him...
    Edge @Curious@ Walker
    • 2 posts
    May 7, 2012 10:52 AM PDT
    Edgewalker54, you have a knack for stinging words together

Tell your brudder to get better, then when he does pray kick his posterior, twice, once for obvious reasons & a second time for me. - Sorry but I am a AGAT guy.
    • 658 posts
    May 8, 2012 6:18 AM PDT
    Edge, 
      Sorry to hear the news, but glad he's still in one piece. Wishing him fast and complete healing. Tell him to remind his lawyer to check the process of the blood draw if they are using the samples from the hospital. If they don't use the skin prep in the ETOH protocol they should be able to throw it out. I do this every day and have to follow strict protocols for drawing evidence or ETOH blood. If they used the wrong prep, it could show up in the report. I don't agree with drinking and riding / driving although it keeps me in a job......    Just saying,, make sure he is treated fairly.
    That's everyones right!

Medic

• 1516 posts
    May 8, 2012 8:25 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear your lil Budder, got into some trouble. Some lessons have to be learned, but man the shame of it all!!
  • May 8, 2012 11:10 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear bout your brother Edge, I will pray for quick healing. Sorry your gonna miss out on Sturgis. I plan on going with a bunch of friends; this will be my first time.
    • 1 posts
    May 8, 2012 1:26 PM PDT
    Hey HWY H...keep ya eye out for a wandering aussie...on a red vulcan...we can get together and shout each other some beers.
  • May 9, 2012 2:46 AM PDT
    Damn it Edge, that'll learn him for damn sure! Some people learn best through practical application of experience and most times it's never easy! I have a feeling ALL my kids are going to learn that way even after giving them advice to the contrary!
    Anyway, hopefully he recovers and learns himself a valuable lesson! BUT, on a positive note he's still among the living and you're not lamenting his loss and you have the ability to say to him "What were YOU thinkin?"
    Glad your brother made out better than most!

Your friendly neighborhood Lunchbox!
    • 1855 posts
    May 9, 2012 8:23 AM PDT
    And what would he do without his big brudder?

Peace
  • November 10, 2012 5:59 AM PST
    Ha!
    • 611 posts
    November 10, 2012 7:13 AM PST
    Well folks... A quik update.
    His BAC (alcohol content) came back @ .13... our limit is .08
    So he was too buzzed! He has kicked himself blue in the butt and hasn't had a drink since it happened. Suppose that's good in some ways... He still comes to the bar w/me but drinks O'douls or Sharps... all Non-beers. He also has way less tolerance for drunk folk now... Hmm, wonder why?
    Idaho told Washington about his DUI, so now even tho he spent 2 days in jail, paid them a butt-load of money and everything else... Wa STILL suspended his license. If he had a Idaho license, he would be back driving now. they are going to make him get a 'Blow-to-go" for his truck ($1500) and there are other costs as well involved... DAMN! It has REALLY made me sit up and pay attention...
    Just like several others have said "He's alive and still kicking." and for that I am grateful...
    Thanx to all that posted and for your kind words...
    edge "DAMN" walker
  • November 25, 2012 4:16 PM PST
    Hard lesson to learn. Been there myself many moons ago...
    • 1 posts
    November 27, 2012 6:18 AM PST
    got a mate with that machine in his cage, cool system that allows you to drive to work and back..must be a way to get around the random tester though...compressed can of air n such....
  • November 27, 2012 7:57 AM PST
    Sorry to hear about this.

Give your bro my best for speedy recovery and a real light law result.

DocLubo from NJ
  • November 27, 2012 8:01 AM PST
    Sorry to hear all that, I think it could happen to most of us at some point and time of our riding life!! Best of luck on the healing and hurting process but happy to hear that he is alive and well!!