Hello from Longview, TX

• 14 posts
    April 30, 2012 5:42 AM PDT
     I had a breakdown on my XR1200 on Sunday.

rufcut and his wife were kind enough to stop.

They called their son and he hauled my motorcycle home (about 100 miles away).

Big thanks to him!

~Joe
    • 658 posts
    April 30, 2012 6:25 AM PDT

Joe,
    Glad you got to meet a sample of the kinda people here on the site. This place is full of them. Just hate it was that situation.

Welcome to the group from NC.

Way to go Jerry!!!!!
    Medic

Ride Free Brother

• April 30, 2012 7:08 AM PDT
    Welcome to the site!! from the Western Shore of Maryland!! What a great story!! Way to go Rufcut! You can only hope you come across people like that when you find yourself in a jam!!
  • April 30, 2012 7:13 AM PDT
    Jerry in the right place at the right time.....That Works...and That Rocks!!!

Welcome Joe...
    • 14 posts
    April 30, 2012 7:52 AM PDT
     Of course, if he did not stop, I'm not sure how I would have made it here to properly chastise him.

I think Jerry was OK with stopping, though. It let him practice religion for Sunday instead of sitting there getting it preached to him.

I'll be sure to post up here as soon as I figure out what the problem was, too.
  • April 30, 2012 8:07 AM PDT
    Welcome from the Mile High City! Kudos rufcut!
    • 14 posts
    April 30, 2012 8:34 AM PDT
    Just for Rufcut (a former MSF instructor), here are a few photos from the Experienced Riders Course I took just a few months back.

This also lets me test that my picture posting methods work here.

pic

tapeButt

theGroup

slowSlowSlow
    • 19040 posts
    April 30, 2012 12:21 PM PDT
    THat sounds like what Jerry would do. Glad all ended at least home safe.
    • 58 posts
    April 30, 2012 2:15 PM PDT
    Thanks all. It was nothing, really. 2 guys/bikes on the side of the road. One with loose map pages in his hands and both looked lost. What else was I to do? I too hope it is nothing serious with your bike, Joe. 

I still think that mil paint scheme on your bike is ultra cool.

We all had a great time.

"Da Babe" says that lunch and company was great with you guys talking about riding and military experiences, etc.

• 5420 posts
    April 30, 2012 4:03 PM PDT
    Welcome Joe, Glad everything worked out and the best thing is you found out about CycleFish.

You're a good man rufcut!!!
    • 16831 posts
    April 30, 2012 4:45 PM PDT
    Hello from Pennsylvania's northern coast.

You da man Rufcut!
    • 14 posts
    July 6, 2012 1:22 AM PDT
    Sorry, but I forgot to update this.

It turns out one of the adjustable pushrods came lose. Luckily, it just barely was enough to touch the top of my domed pistons, so nothing was damaged.

Still, the builder who put that engine together 2 months earlier found it in his heart to charge me another $360 in labor.
    • 1855 posts
    July 6, 2012 1:24 AM PDT
    Very cool XR!!!!! Welcome from w central Ohio

Peace
    • 844 posts
    July 6, 2012 2:31 AM PDT
    Hats off to Rufcut for helping a fellow rider, and welcome to Joe!!! You have probably notice there are lots of really good folks here!

• 58 posts
    July 6, 2012 2:57 AM PDT
    Hey Joe, please let me know who that was, eh? I don't think I want to go to him by mistake. (not that it's likely.) $360 to fix his screw-up? C'mon!
    • 14 posts
    July 6, 2012 3:19 AM PDT
    LOL - Rusty's Scooter Shop in Longview.
    • 9 posts
    July 7, 2012 1:38 AM PDT
    Wow, JP! It WAS so fortunate that if you had to break down, havin' a guy like Jer, to stop is AWESOME! They went above and beyond...because. That's what I strive to do. Be that person, who'll go the extra yard. And I know, there are a ton of folks out here, who do just that. Nobody wants the bad experience of a bike malfunctioning. But if it does, it's good to know, there are those who will help! Kudos all the way 'round.

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • August 18, 2012 5:17 AM PDT
    Hi, new member here also, and not far from you! We are up in Marietta,(pop. 112), about an hour from you. Up 259 just past Daingerfield.