Rolling Thunder

• April 26, 2012 12:18 AM PDT
    Is anybody going? 

http://rollingthundermotorcyclerally.com/ />

*third times rthe charm, I've had to edit 3 times because I keep puttin in the wrong link!!  Thats what happens when you leave your coffee sittin on the kitchen table!! 30 miles to work, runnin late and no break til 10
  • May 16, 2012 10:44 PM PDT
    WELL I go ....if thats the question
    • 1855 posts
    May 17, 2012 12:14 AM PDT

NO.  I went to the first one in 1988 and the next 12 after that.   It's all become to commercial.  I show my support now through donations to Vets organizations.

Peace

• May 17, 2012 12:26 AM PDT
    @ atvrider...yes that was the question. Just curious if anyone was going and if so was anyone meeting up...
    • 19034 posts
    May 17, 2012 1:32 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...

NO.  I went to the first one in 1988 and the next 12 after that.   It's all become to commercial.  I show my support now through donations to Vets organizations.

Peace

AMEN Brother. My feelings exactly. And I was one of the 'original' members of Rolling Thunder.
  • May 17, 2012 1:39 AM PDT
    This will be my 1st one and I'm really looking looking forward to it.
    • 1855 posts
    May 17, 2012 5:39 AM PDT
    PaulaL12562 wrote...

You should enjoy it.  If you are going to run in the bike parade and you get to the Penthouse parking lot early (real early) you'll be able to finish sooner and watch all the other bikes come in.  You'll also have an easier time parking.   The drawback is the long wait at the parking lot before the procession starts.   Getting there later will of course shorten the wait but you'll be at the end and it WILL be congested at the end.

Peace
  • May 17, 2012 5:42 AM PDT
    Thanks for the tip Jimmy! I'm at the mercy of man in control of the bikeHe does seem to know his way around these things and he says we are leaving pretty early so I think it will be a good day!
    • 5420 posts
    May 17, 2012 6:30 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    PaulaL12562 wrote...

You should enjoy it.  If you are going to run in the bike parade and you get to the Penthouse parking lot early (real early) you'll be able to finish sooner and watch all the other bikes come in.  You'll also have an easier time parking.   The drawback is the long wait at the parking lot before the procession starts.   Getting there later will of course shorten the wait but you'll be at the end and it WILL be congested at the end.

Peace

Jimmy,

Not sure what magazine you got your info from... but I think it's the Pentagon Parking Lot

• May 17, 2012 6:35 AM PDT
    OMFG!!!!!!!! I didn't even see that one Lucky (I'm so bored here at work my eyes are glazin) OMG thats some funny stuff!!
    • 1855 posts
    May 17, 2012 8:45 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    PaulaL12562 wrote...

Peace

Jimmy,

Not sure what magazine you got your info from... but I think it's the Pentagon Parking Lot

Must've been daydreamin' or at least reminicising...I AM 64 ya know.