my nightmare

• 6 posts
    April 13, 2012 3:17 PM PDT
          Victory Cycle Werks  in Fort Mill,S.C.  this company  is the worst,my nightmare.my boyfriend took his bike to victiory in september 2011 to have new tire put on,get the rims powder coated,and head gasket replaced.we were lied to,paid for parts twice,disrespected and mistreated.we tolerated this nightmare until today april 13 2012.we rented a uhaul truck to go pick up our bike that was promised over and over again that it was being worked on and would be completed by last saturday.as sadd as it is,we picked up a frame with wheels.all the rest of the bike was in boxes.we have it at another cycle shop being put back together.this is going to cost more money than neccesary.if we would have been told any truth from day one ,i would say something nice.the owner has done nothing to try and correct anything he has done or said out of the way.as they say-you reap what you sew!!!!!!!!
    • 3006 posts
    April 13, 2012 3:45 PM PDT
    This is terrible,and that dealer is giving bike shops a bad rep, have you contacted corporate headquartrs (if any) or BBB & complained about the treatment you receieved ? Kept a log of the number of times dealines were missed and promises broken? receipts for services never provided? pictures showing befor n after? A good friend of mine years ago went thru a similiar ordeal with a dealership,over warranty work,got a good lawyer,who won the case.Won him back all the money paid for unnecessary repairs parts,also won damages in the entire amount of what the vehicle cost him to purchase.Might be worth the effort for you.. I hope you get her back together ok & git back in the wind!!
    stay safe n enjoy the ride !
  • April 13, 2012 3:49 PM PDT
    I'd contact Victory headquarters and I bet they take some action. I know others who ride a Victory and I've never heard negatives. It's probably a bad dealer.
    • 823 posts
    April 13, 2012 4:56 PM PDT
    go buy a harley?? I love mine and the service is wonderful!!
    • 611 posts
    April 13, 2012 8:52 PM PDT
    ah Ginger, it seems as tho ya gotta raw deal outta this whole thing... Like LC and Blurple said, Lawyer up if you have the documentation. If not, try and learn from it, I guess. Like was said above, I've only heard good about Victory... sorry this had to happen to y'all...
    EdgeWalker
  • April 14, 2012 12:53 AM PDT
    My Sportster was an 883 & I upped it to a 1200, HD (the dealership I bought it at & always dealt with) didn't do it right & the motor blew & they wouldn't stand behind it. Everybody said we should have took legal action but we didn't. we did find out that: that Dealership has had the most complaints in the U.S. so to make a long story short, I have nothing to do with that dealership & will not darken their doorway. I deal with 2 other HD dealerships & they have always treated me right. I hope it all works out for you, sounds like you did the right thing. hope you get it up & going soon so you can ride!! Good Luck!!
    • 846 posts
    April 14, 2012 1:16 AM PDT
    I don't know how Victory handles it but Harley has factory reps to deal with just this type of issue with dealers. The other options of lawyer and contacting the BBC should also be done. When dealers are sparse the parent company needs to know they are not severing the clients of that area as it there rep that is damaged in the end. As you may have already done there (well in my area there is) are plenty of independent repair shops. So if it's not warranty work you should know of a few good independent shops who will help you out. I'm luck I have three dealers within 30 miles of the house and more then a few dozen independent shops. I have a good relationship with the dealer I purchased my bike from and i have two independents (one near the house and one near work) that I also have relationships with. I do a little wrenching myself but when I need help I know were to turn. Everyone should have a least a passing relationship with a good and check out repair shop. Word of mouth is the best for checking out a new shop and how they treat you the first time you walk in the door with a issue. Never be afraid to do what you did pull you bike from a bad shop it your right and your bike.

I wish you the best of luck getting back on the road.
  • April 14, 2012 2:09 AM PDT
    First contact Victory's main offices and BBB. I know I did when Daytona HD yep Bruce's bullshit wrenches did me wrong, they called the cops on me when I refused to pay for a new tire I didn't recieve, they pluged it and charged me for a new white wall when I didn't even have white walls???? granted the tire that was on the bike had 200 miles on it and well I picked up a huge construction nail in their parking lot, and yes you cold see I hadn't been riding any where on the nail head didn't have a scratch on it. First they tried to tell me no the nail wasn't from the parking lot then tey tried to tell me their building was put together with plactic clips??? another customer bent down and pick a nail up right there in front of the service enternce and sait like this nail?? they were all over the parking lot, then they tried to tell me both my tires were pas the wear marks, they had 200 miles on and them little rubber bristles things on them dudes they looked like two new tires ya know.
    Anyway, why did ya ge the bike back in boxes it was a head gasket????????? less then 3 hour fix the power coating that something different but was more being done to the bike than a headgasket cause that don't make sense at all. have a great one! "T"
    • 16795 posts
    April 14, 2012 4:03 AM PDT
    I believe there is some confusion here,Victory Cycle Werks is really spelled Victori Cycle Werks, and is not associated with the Victory Motorcycle Company.
  • April 14, 2012 5:08 AM PDT
    oh I see I was thinking it was polars/victory so this was a local small shop thing..........I dig it now have a grea tone! "T"
    • 16795 posts
    April 14, 2012 5:15 AM PDT
    Tumbles wrote...
    oh I see I was thinking it was polars/victory so this was a local small shop thing..........I dig it now have a grea tone! "T"

You, I and some others, so I "looked it up".

• April 14, 2012 8:52 AM PDT

Look them up?????

.....Naaaaa, SMACK 'EM DOWN!!!!!

Take some friends with you.....

• 3006 posts
    April 14, 2012 9:57 AM PDT
    Was just reading some of the responses & realized I was also under tht impression (dealer work) still a lot of the advice provided here will help you out,n of course one thing I have learned quite well,is the pen is mightier thn the sword...legal action is probably the best avenue,if you have been mistreated this badly I would assume their have been others before you.,it will add to the credibility of your case however threadbare it be for hard evidence
    stay safe & enjoy the ride !!
    • 6 posts
    April 14, 2012 10:31 AM PDT
    to all -beware -victori cycle werk 1081 Fort Mill Hwy

Fort Mill, SC 29707 803 548-7070. owner is frank ferland
    • 611 posts
    April 14, 2012 5:44 PM PDT
    OOOOOOOHHHH... it makes more sense now. I miss-read also. Still... Find some shyster lawyer that'll take the case on contingency basis. You don't get paid he don't either! Just might work... or mebbe just keep spreading the word...
    Good Luck to ya sis...
    EdgeWalker