American Heroe You be the Judge : )

• 3006 posts
    April 11, 2012 6:21 PM PDT
    The other day a good friend of mine stopped by and we were sharing some recent adventures when she produced from her purse something she wanted to share with me,and now I want to share this with my friends on CycleFish.
    She & her son were taking the local ferry across the bay,back from the San Francisco headed back home and were watchin a live local tv crew interviewing a gentleman who was setting out on a epic journey,this they learned after her son,a nosy sort of kid, went up n asked the tv crew what the fuss was about,apparently the gentleman took an interest in the kid and personally spoke with him regarding the journey he was about to embark upon and gave him this short phamplet which I copied for this piece,for which I hope he forgives me for trying to lend my voice/hand in helping,if any ill come of it.
    God Bless ya Rich

Rich's Humphreys
    • 3006 posts
    April 11, 2012 6:31 PM PDT
    For some reason the flyer isnt showing up very well,sorry abt that !! You can use your zoom to make it readable,if anyone can correct this let me know how,its look fine on my puter here at home.
    • 9 posts
    April 11, 2012 7:31 PM PDT
    Hey, it ain't easy living with diabetes. And living with it for as long as he has, and going out in the world to show people, especially kids, that they CAN have a normal and productive life, isn't just heroic, it's honorable. This guy should be given a medal of valor.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 19040 posts
    April 12, 2012 12:26 AM PDT
    Great story, wish I knew where in PA.
  • April 12, 2012 12:37 AM PDT

Sorry mate, tried to bring it up...but huge loss of quality... re add it again yourself and then when added set the "Width" box to 600 ok?  That should make it easy readable...
  • Pat
    April 12, 2012 1:11 AM PDT
    Great story I think we all could learn from this take care of yourself , and have fun doing what you like. I wish Rich the best of luck on his trip.
    • 5420 posts
    April 12, 2012 1:27 AM PDT
    Yep, great story about someone with the will to do what they want and not let anything get in the way.

The human mind is a powerful thing and when set on accomplishing something it can be amazing!
    • 3006 posts
    April 12, 2012 4:31 AM PDT
    Thank You everyone for the response !
    Jet I appreciate the input,yet I am unaware of how to do that on this post,I did post this under my blog also and was able to increase the width there w/out trouble.when I inserted it to the blog.

Lucky if you know what I did or did not do rite to increase the width of the pic,please feel free to correct it.

I guess life is full of shining examples of decent folk working under great burdens that go beyond the day to day struggles which I face myself,its inspiring to see human courage in the face of overwhelming adversity !