Motorcycle safety signs

• 395 posts
    April 10, 2012 6:01 AM PDT
     Went "home" to visit the parents over the weekend and saw these signs alongside the road.......never seen them anywhere else, was wondering if any of you brothers and sisters had ever seen these type of signs posted......
  • April 10, 2012 6:05 AM PDT
    thats so cool! but no i havent seen any here! its about time they put them everywhere!
    • 658 posts
    April 10, 2012 6:07 AM PDT
    Those are great! Hadn't seen them down here. What state were you in?
    • 395 posts
    April 10, 2012 6:15 AM PDT
    I was in Tn....in all places a god forsaken county...no wally world..no mcds...two stop lights in the whole county....had a really good friend get in a bad wreck last year there..woman blew through the stop sign doing 70 and hit him.. totaled the bike, broke a bunch of ribs on him..fractured his skull..and his eye socket...he is finally back on a bike......but his wreck was part of the reason they got the signs up.....but never seen them in any
    "big" city i have ever been in.......
    • 658 posts
    April 10, 2012 6:25 AM PDT
    Ok, thanks. It's a shame that someone has to die or come close to it for things to change. Glad your friend is back on a bike and doing well. Those would be good every where.
  • April 10, 2012 6:55 AM PDT
    I haven't seen the signs but I have seen some bright yellow bumper stickers recently on cars that say the same thing ... would be nice to think that cagers are finally starting to take some notice.
  • April 10, 2012 8:01 AM PDT

All around East Coast side of USA I have seen them.....especially in regions and Counties that have large rallies and events...and of course where there has been loads of accidents involving Motorcycles.....

Here in UK we have them everywhere that there has been more than 2 Motorcycle accidents in a 2 or 3 year period...that means ALL OVER UK.....

A couple of roads I use here have signs up that say "68 Motorcycle Accidents on this road in the last 12 months, 5 fatalities, LOOK OUT FOR BIKES!!!!! 

• 846 posts
    April 10, 2012 8:04 AM PDT
    Here in New England some of the states have been using the over head sign on the highway to post "Watch out for Motorcycle" as we are just coming out of hibernation. This is the first time I can remember seeing the highway signs used for this message.
  • April 10, 2012 8:11 AM PDT
    do you mind if I repost one of these images? I'm in NH - have not seen them either as a highway sign up here...these are great
    • 1855 posts
    April 10, 2012 9:16 AM PDT
    We have signs like that here in Ohio in various places. We also other mc signs warning of road conditions. But IMHO, it's just the state's way of patronizing local ABATE chapters or we'd have them everywhere.

Peace
    • 395 posts
    April 10, 2012 1:12 PM PDT
    ARC1PILOT wrote...
    do you mind if I repost one of these images? I'm in NH - have not seen them either as a highway sign up here...these are great

not at all......repost where ever you think they might get some attention.....

• 16843 posts
    April 10, 2012 6:27 PM PDT
    We have put these in yards all across Pennsylvania.
    • 467 posts
    April 11, 2012 12:45 AM PDT
    My little corner of the country puts up those electric billboards every summer that flash warnings, and they say "Look twice, Motorcycles are everywhere".