posting bond

• 1855 posts
    April 9, 2012 3:25 AM PDT
    Help me understand why a guy who murders his girlfriend, chops her up, and scatters her body parts across 3 states isn't denied bond.  I mean come on now.  So bond might be a million and the guy only has to come up with 100 grand.  Why wouldn't a judge simply deny the bond request.?

Peace
    • 16828 posts
    April 9, 2012 4:24 AM PDT
    Because you are presumed innocent until proven guilty, unless you provide a statement that you are guilty, or you are deemed a flight risk.
    • 3006 posts
    April 9, 2012 4:29 AM PDT
    LOL yeah rev,sorta like a dog who likes smoking your cigars on the sly,innocent until proven guilty !!! Its sorta hard to prove till they get caught in the act roflmao great sig pic dude !!!
  • April 9, 2012 4:34 AM PDT
    I would have no hesitation in smoking your cigars...lol...hey wait a minute...does that mean I am a dog? I have been caught scratching behind my ears before...lol...

Ooooh Nooooooo Hooooooowl!!!
    • 1855 posts
    April 9, 2012 5:54 AM PDT
    That's the thing; the guy has already admitted guilt by reason of insanity and there's still a bond hearing. I don't even know how there can be a bond hearing pending. Also, I think the gruesomeness of the crime would automatically make the guy a flight risk.

Peace
    • 823 posts
    April 9, 2012 6:10 AM PDT
    If I was the girls dad I would post his bail and be waiting for him when he got out.

Cure for insanity = 240 grain wadcutter
    • 9 posts
    April 9, 2012 9:11 AM PDT
    Waaaay less expensive than Electro-Shock Therapy OR a Labotomy. No worries, tho. The seventh cirlcle of hell, is gonna keep this coconut busy for a long, long, long, oh yeah...ETERNITY!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • April 9, 2012 10:11 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Help me understand why a guy who murders his girlfriend, chops her up, and scatters her body parts across 3 states isn't denied bond.  I mean come on now.  So bond might be a million and the guy only has to come up with 100 grand.  Why wouldn't a judge simply deny the bond request.?

Peace
    because its all about the money!!!!
  • April 9, 2012 10:12 AM PDT
    Guero wrote...
    If I was the girls dad I would post his bail and be waiting for him when he got out.

amen! i kill the bastard!!!!
    • 16828 posts
    April 9, 2012 3:52 PM PDT
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    LOL yeah rev,sorta like a dog who likes smoking your cigars on the sly,innocent until proven guilty !!! Its sorta hard to prove till they get caught in the act roflmao great sig pic dude !!!

The story behind the photo is one of my 2 black labs had a rawhide in her mouth leaning aginst the couch I was sitting in the kitchen and had the camera on the table,  a true photo of opertunity.
    So later I downloaded the photo then added the burning end and smoke with Paintshop Pro.

• 16828 posts
    April 9, 2012 3:58 PM PDT
    Jetman wrote...
    I would have no hesitation in smoking your cigars...lol...hey wait a minute...does that mean I am a dog? I have been caught scratching behind my ears before...lol...

In reality I never could smoke a cigar without getting ill.
    I do buy my tabacco in bulk and roll my own smokes, and sometimes smoke it in my pipe.

• April 9, 2012 8:26 PM PDT
    Jetman wrote...

If you are known to be loyal, and enjoy pats on the head...well... 

• 80 posts
    April 10, 2012 1:47 AM PDT
    Guero wrote...

Guero, I like the way you think.  I think the same way - An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth