New to Largo/Clearwater Florida

• April 1, 2012 8:19 AM PDT
    Hi...I have recently moved to the Largo/Clearwater Florida area and am interested in meeting new people..I own my own bike but have not brought it down here yet from Kentucky..missing my steel horse real bad!!!Also missing my scooter brothers & sisters back home!!!Not real sure where to go to meet folks..I hear the Porpoise Pub is a pretty good place to go meet riders but haven't made it there yet..Have been to a ralley at Quaker Steak & Lube last month sponsored by Full Throttle Magazine which was wonderful..felt like I was home!! At any rate any & all ideas on how I can meet people that share the fabulous world of being in the wind as I do is truly welcomed!!! Thanks & Have a great day!!! Bo
    • 5420 posts
    April 2, 2012 1:22 AM PDT
    Hi & Welcome. Wish I could be some help but I lived in FL 35 years ago and it was on the east side. I have never been to the Porpoise Pub, but I have seen several events listed in our calendar that take place or stop there.

Go get your motorcycle. Some how biker spots are easier to find when you're riding

Again, welcome and enjoy the site.
  • April 2, 2012 2:06 AM PDT
    Check out Fast Eddies @ 13332 66th St N, Largo, FL 33773
    Also, if you're lookin for a Biker Church I know a good one pretty close to you as well!
    (I can get you the address and contact person, they will make you feel right at home)
    Boy do I miss the Gulf!!!
    Welcome to the site and enjoy Paradise!!!
    ~P
    • 844 posts
    April 4, 2012 8:23 AM PDT
    Welcome. I'm just across the Gulf from you!!!
  • April 4, 2012 8:30 AM PDT
    .....Hi and Welcome...

...and I am just across the pond from you...lol...
  • April 5, 2012 2:11 AM PDT
    Welcome ...I'm only in NOLA ~
  • April 9, 2012 1:51 PM PDT
    hey welcome from the other side a lot north from ya! have a great one! "T"
    • 658 posts
    April 10, 2012 2:21 AM PDT
    Welcome to the family from NC.
    Medic
    • 567 posts
    April 10, 2012 3:23 AM PDT
    Greetings from near the center of our Sunshine State and welcome to CF. If you're looking to meet fellow riders, one organization you might wanna check out would be the Florida West Coast Riders or maybe a local ABATE chapter.
    Plus, the Leesburg Bike Fest is coming up at the end of this month. Its one you won't wanna miss .. even if you don't have your scoot down here yet. You can also put the word out that you'd like to meet up with other CF members who are going. I'm thinking on going but I don't know my work schedule yet so its hard to say when my wife and I would be there.
    • 10 posts
    April 11, 2012 2:28 AM PDT
    LadyLikesToRide , Welcome to Florida, and especially to Largo/Clearwater area. There is so much going on sometimes its hard to remember. Screwie Louies is a good place,SUnday Mornings he has a $5 breakfast includes any drink of your choice, and then we take off an go for a ride. Quaker Steak and Lube, Wednesday nites, Biff Burger on US 19 aka 34th St in St Pete Wed/Sat nite, and now the St Pete Pier has started a bike nite on Wednesday nites, (only a week ago they started with 600+ bikes). If you pick up a Full Throttle Magazine at QSL or anywhere, it will show you the meeting places. Need to get your horse here !! But there is always an open seat somewhere if you dont mind tanning ! As you can see in my pic, (im in green) I hang with the Full Throttle crowd alot. There is so many biker friendly places, Boilermakers, East Bay Drive, Largo, and Clearwater. If you want PM me and add me as a friend and we can chat. Rick
  • July 19, 2012 5:59 PM PDT
    Im moving from Alaska to southwest Flordia in December flying in to visit and hopefully find a house and close on it only be there a week this time look forward to meeting a few riders and good peeps Cheers
  • July 20, 2012 12:06 AM PDT
    Hello and Welcome from Minnesota
  • August 3, 2012 3:42 AM PDT
    Try going to Quaker Steak and Lube for bike night every Weds night, largest bike night around. here is a link

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/Pinellas_Park_Clearwater_FL/ ; also try full throttle Mag. http://floridafullthrottle.com/site/ ; they have their mag

online with a crusin calender , weekly and monthly  events for the Tampa Bay area and of couse check out my shop at

http://jdscycleshop.com/index.html