Speakers & Headsets

• March 24, 2012 4:45 AM PDT
      I would like to know if there is a setting(that I haven't found) that will allow me to listen to the radio thru the speakers and also allow my wife to listen thru her helmet headset speakers. I have found that if one is activated it deletes the other. Anyway to have both working ????  2011 HD Ultra Classic...
    • 5420 posts
    March 24, 2012 5:55 AM PDT
    Airwave, I am almost positive that it is either one of the other - speakers or headset - as the bike sits. Not sure if there is any kind of work around or wiring you can do to make it work that way. I have a buddy that installs audio electronics on bikes. Next time I see him I'll ask.
  • March 25, 2012 3:52 AM PDT
    I'm thinking that too. Thanks for the reply
  • March 25, 2012 3:57 AM PDT
    Add another plug in socket for the headset direct to where the speaker wires come from, its just a direct branch into the speaker wires, then for the headset only plug them into the other socket...thats all I do to link 2 headsets or 2 sets of speakers...

Same thing as you can do with your household stereo to add 2 pairs of headphones in, split and join 2 sets into one set of wires or jackplugs.....hope this helps...
  • March 26, 2012 1:28 PM PDT
    I really was hoping that I just didn't have something set right. After all there is a 3 way switch for the speakers. WHY ? You turn the speakers on or off. Why 3 ?