Biker Club

• g
    December 29, 2009 3:06 AM PST
    -3 that's chili like ,u mad ?? lol ,have fun dude n stay safe .
  • g
    December 29, 2009 3:07 AM PST
    -16 the day in aberdeen ,now that's cold .
  • December 29, 2009 8:04 AM PST
    Every time I get the bike on the road, I feel I am part of the biggest biker club, the club that includes all that ride and enjoy each other and the experience. We may be 3 rocker members, loners, weekenders, geezers, newbies, male, female, . . . . . if you ride a motorcycle, you must be a biker!
  • g
    December 30, 2009 12:50 AM PST
    good point rdcnsir .
    • 190 posts
    December 30, 2009 10:55 AM PST
    Dudes, u guys are spot on. I ride rain or snow. I just rode tonight. here in NYC it is about 17 degrees but i still ride. Im of the mind that if ya cant ride in the sno or rain ya dont deserve to ride in the sun. but thats just me..lol. Anyway, if any of you all are in tnhe NY/Queens area throw me a line.
    As for the club thing Im a re-confirmed 'Independant". Ride Hanger On with a three piece set a while back but it just wasnt for me. God bless them but it just wasnt my bag. I apprecited them giving me a shot though..
    many years as a former law enforcment officer. i didnt change one uniform to wear another. Im open to startin or helping to strat a club but you gotta follow protocol and approach the local dom inant which here in NYC would be 81. ...so now the politics begin...
  • g
    December 31, 2009 1:25 AM PST
    I done the snow thing for about 2 winter's ,was no much fun ,so was no much point in doing it ,like most of u folks have said and my self also ,just grab ur bike and have fun ,snow or shine ,i dont have to use ma bike in the snow ive got a works van and a car so it better for me to keep the bike sleeping over the winter .but i know some of u guys might not have the choice ,so just enjoy it as much as u can and stay safe .
    • 190 posts
    December 31, 2009 8:17 AM PST
    hey, can i get in on this thing....
    1) YOU RIDE-therefore you have the same degree of risk of 'buyin the farm' as i do. I dont think those bogies on the road care what make or model you ride.
    2) You ride YOUR bike and I'll ride mine. ...'nuff said,i think.
    3) Theres already way too many egos and divisions,sub divisions etc. in 'the life'. We all gotta just chill out and get back to riding....
    4) ALWAYS remember to help a brother rider out. I believe in the inevitable endless cycle of karma dude. The rider you pass by and wont help is the one that will probaly ride by you. Throw some goon energy out in to the universe and see it come back to you a hundred fold..
    -in Jesus' name
    SingSing
    • 1780 posts
    December 31, 2009 9:23 AM PST
    This is kind of turning into a shit storm here......everybody that had added there 2 cents worth to this post has a valid point. Now here is my 2 cents......First about clubs......I've been in one, didn't like attending the meetings,or catching hell for not attending the meetings, and I sure as hell don't like the politics of a club, to many ego's as well in a club. Riding with other friends......I have a crap load of close friends that ride, and I love em all but you get more than 2 people together and nobody can decide which way to go, how fast are we going to ride, how far do we go before we piss, who's got the smallest tank for gas stops...ya de ya de ya. For me I love to ride with my wife...we ride side be side like cops, I ride left and she rides right. I make all the decisions on when we move left and she makes the decisions when we move right. We love to find a slow leak going down the slab in the middle lane and split to the inside and outside and blast past the cage making as much noise as we can.
    That's fun at least for us.
    We are on this earth for only a split second.....suck up all the enjoyment you can before you slide in sideways saying .....now that was cool shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it the point is Ride for the fun of ....Ride for the freedom of it.......don't ride at all if you don't enjoy it!!!!!

Night Dragon
    • 190 posts
    December 31, 2009 9:43 AM PST
    Righteous. Pure 100 proof righteousness right there brother.
  • January 1, 2010 3:17 AM PST
    Excellent Thread!

• January 1, 2010 3:31 AM PST
    I have a agree with Night Dragon,Ride it like ya stole it...big smile for miles.I dont care what ya ride just get out and ride man!Would ride with a group or not usually just ride with my wife and we have a blast:-)
    • 190 posts
    January 1, 2010 8:29 AM PST
    yep
  • g
    January 1, 2010 8:50 AM PST
    loads of great stuff guy's ,
  • January 1, 2010 8:47 PM PST
    Let's see now....I ride with the PGR, I am President of a 3 rocker m/c, I am also a member of HOG. I ride Harley's and also have a Vulcan. I also ride the impromptu stuff with friends. My thoughts are: the impromptu rides with friends are the BEST rides. Just saddle up & go. The Patriot Guard Riders are essential in times of war and then some. I am a Vet and I attend as many missions as I can. I feel that we owe it to the KIA's, Veterans and those serving our great country. I just joined the HOG Chapter and haven't been around long enough to see anything negative. And you are 100% correct in the comments about the politics of 3 rocker clubs. Being President drives me fricken nuts. Nobody breaks anybody's arms to force them to join. It is voluntary. My biggest bitch is that we have a bunch of members that don't show up for hardly anything. My question is, if you're not gonna ride or participate in a club function, why the hell did you join in the first place. I can see why a lot of folks turn their colors in and walk away. I personally can't wait until my term is up and I don't have to put up with the BS that comes with the Presidential slot...AND, when I am on the Harley, I catch flak from a lot of metric riders and when I am on the Vulcan, I catch hell from the Harley riders!! When I ride with mixed bikes, I catch hell for my loud pipes from everyone.. (Vance & Hines Shorts on the Harley) My answer for " John, why in the hell do you drink so much?" can be answered by stating "see above"...Ya'll ride safe and ride free. The road is where it's at...
  • January 1, 2010 11:02 PM PST
    I've had my bike for a year now, 2005 Superglide. All I know is I love to ride! If someone wants to ride with me, ok! I don't care what kind of bike they have, I just want someone else to ride with, if I find an awesome stretch of road to ride down, then I would love to have someone with me to see it also. Patches? My mamma used to put those on my pants when I would rip the knees out! I don't know much about motorcycle clubs, but I am the vice president of a triathlon club,(54 members). One thing I know about clubs is, don't expect everyone to participate 100 per cent of the time, they have other things they have to do, like work,raise kids, take care of their family,mow their yard, work on their house, the list goes on forever. The good thing about a club is, someone will take charge and see to it that everyone knows when and where the rides will be, and if you can make it, GREAT!