Looking for other riders in NC

• March 3, 2012 2:00 AM PST
    Okay found this site today  and looking for other riders in Western North Carolina---Waynesville, NC to be exact!    My husband and I bought a new Harley last spring and road mostly by ourselves.  Would love to hook up with some groups and go on day rides.  We moved here fall of 2009 and are familiar with the rally's in Maggie Valley.  Also we have talked about going on Rt. 66 and to Alaska at some point. Anybody out there live in Western NC?   

• 1855 posts
    March 3, 2012 2:18 AM PST
    I don't but welcome to CF from w central Ohio. Personally, we love Western NC. Gypsy and I ride that way every year at some point during the year. April is the month we take off for the summer. No telling where we'll end up. Hope ya'll enjoy your new ride.

Peace
  • March 3, 2012 2:34 AM PST
    Down around Hillsborough and Raleigh Durham areas there is various bars that host Bike Nights...You could do well to go check them out maybe, it must be advertised somewhere......

I know those areas quite well, I have friends there that I have visited with.....

Or you could check out this website..... http://www.bars4bikers.com/nc.html There are loads advertised there and what their status regarding clubs etc is...hope this helps...

Welcome to CF from across the pond.....
    • 658 posts
    March 3, 2012 8:02 PM PST
    Tanya and Doug, Welcome to CycleFish from below ya in Gaston county. There's a lot of great folks on here and several from NC. Planning to make several runs up your way this summer. We'll have to meet up some time. Hope ya enjoy the site.

Medic

RIde Hard and Have Fun with yer Runs!!
    • 19043 posts
    March 3, 2012 9:34 PM PST
    There are lots of NC members here. Hang around for a while and you will see.

Welcome from the 'at large' member to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.
  • March 4, 2012 2:48 AM PST
    jimmyacorn thanks for our very first mesage on cyclefishJetman across the pond that's cool Raleigh is about a 5 hour drive for us we are almost on the Tennessee border on the other side of the state. Bikermedic you sound like the kind of guy I would like to ride withare you really a medic? We have talked to a few bikers from Georgia. If you come this way shoot us a msg! Maybe we can ride with you around here. And RexRoadDog thanks we will and yes this looks like a great site. I'll keep watching for any bikers that live in our area! Thanks for the replies!
    • 1 posts
    March 27, 2012 3:05 PM PDT
    hey chick keep your eye out for a maroon vulcan this summer...will look ratty and have a big fat aussie on board...trailing a father xmas like goatee..that would be me...I'll be the rider who looks totally lost..can't wait to tour again this yr....might you and yours on the road. July...mid headin south from Pa.
    • 658 posts
    March 27, 2012 3:59 PM PDT
    Chick, Yep, I'm really a Medic. Work on bus and the ER in Gaston. Lookin foward to meeting up with ya'll and puttin some miles down. Jonesy, if you're coming this way, let us know a few weeks out and maybe we all try to get something together and meet somewhere. Sounds like fun.
  • March 27, 2012 4:05 PM PDT
    Welcome from South Arkansas. Maybe we'll meet on the Hwy some time.
  • March 27, 2012 8:23 PM PDT
    Hey Chick, did you check out the website I listed re: Biker Bars? ...  There is bound to be some out your way...
  • March 29, 2012 1:52 PM PDT
    Welcome from East of you in the Raleigh/Durham area. Enjoy the site.
  • April 1, 2012 9:18 PM PDT
    Hey I am Karen from Charlotte, NC and I am glad you chose North Carolina as your new home, its great out here right? Yes I would be glad to come along with you. I want to show off my new Shoei helmet that I bought from Jafrum. Well, see you then.
    • 1 posts
    April 1, 2012 9:59 PM PDT
    Is NC a helmet state too?
  • April 5, 2012 6:08 AM PDT
    Wow thanks for all the responses! I'm late getting on here again. Plan on doing a ride in Maggie Valley next weekend. Yes Jonesy 1340 NC has a helmet law. Karenhall, Charlotte is not that far from us and yes it's so beautiful here especially riding! Jetman thanks will have to check out the "Bikerbars" site. Bikermedic do you ever come up this way to the Waynesville/Maggie Valley area?