If you had the chance to try on sunglasses online would you be m

• 79 posts
    February 28, 2012 3:24 AM PST

We have been looking into a software licence that would enable you the customer to actually try on sunglasses in a "virtual fitting room".

How it works, you select a frame and click a button that opens up a camera on your computer or laptop. It then places the sunglasses on your face using a 3d image of the frame. It allows you to turn your head and see the frame in real time how it would look on you.  Sounds cool huh?

We're curious to know if any of you would see a benefit in this as much as we do. Would you be more likely to purchase if you could try on the sunglasses?

Please comment and let us know, thanks in advance!

BikerOptix

• 395 posts
    February 28, 2012 3:32 AM PST
    would really help knowing how the different styles/shades would look before you spend the money on them..think it's a cool idea.......
    • 5420 posts
    February 28, 2012 3:46 AM PST
    I think it would help in making a decision. I have a hard time buying something the wear online just because I can't see how it would look on me.
  • Ry
    February 28, 2012 6:06 AM PST
    This does sound interesting. I think this feature would definitely help in someone choosing glasses from an ecommerce site.

What I think would also help is having a return policy (provided it's returned complete and undamaged) that provides for the "bad fit" situation.
    • 79 posts
    February 28, 2012 7:10 AM PST
    Thanks for the comment Ry. We do have a policy with "No questions asked". which means if your not completely satisfied you can return them and get a complete 100% refunded amount of purchase. GREAT comment!
    • 3006 posts
    February 28, 2012 10:41 AM PST
    Sounds like a great idea,my problem usually with shades is the temples are too short or too uncomfortable once their on.Still any sort of fitment help would be great.
    • 79 posts
    February 28, 2012 11:43 AM PST
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    Sounds like a great idea,my problem usually with shades is the temples are too short or too uncomfortable once their on.Still any sort of fitment help would be great.

What would help in your situation is for you to measure distance between the corner of your eye to the soft point behind your earlobe. Convert that number into millimeters and when you go looking for sunglasses make sure you look on the temple of them to see if the measurement is close to your temple length. That would help making a better fit. Usually the norm on a temple length is about 145mm

Ride safe!
    • 567 posts
    February 28, 2012 1:03 PM PST
    Oh heck yeah, I'd give it a try !!
    • 1516 posts
    February 28, 2012 1:39 PM PST
    oh yeah, sounds like fun, that is why I NEVER buy them online.. if I could see if I liked them I would buy them if I like em..
    • 79 posts
    February 28, 2012 2:02 PM PST
    DebraJo wrote...
    oh yeah, sounds like fun, that is why I NEVER buy them online.. if I could see if I liked them I would buy them if I like em..

Well I'll remember you when we get it installed!I'll be sending you a PM telling you we're ready for you to have fun and buy ya a new pair!lol
    • 19043 posts
    February 28, 2012 11:06 PM PST
    Not being one who buys anything that I wear at an internet store even that would not help me. It does sound like a good idea though for many people. Since I don't fit the 'standard' anything, I wear a 7 5/8 or 7 3/4 hat (I have been called a fat head) I find that most glasses are too small for me.
    • 79 posts
    February 29, 2012 2:00 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Not being one who buys anything that I wear at an internet store even that would not help me. It does sound like a good idea though for many people. Since I don't fit the 'standard' anything, I wear a 7 5/8 or 7 3/4 hat (I have been called a fat head) I find that most glasses are too small for me.

lol. I have the same problem and so does my son. He wears the same size hat as me and he's 10. There are a few choices that you have when it comes to sunglasses though. I have a few sunglasses on our site that are designed for people like yourself. Wiley X makes a frame called "Jake"  http://bikeroptix.com/jake-p-115.html     ; and the "SG-1" http://bikeroptix.com/wiley-p-117.html ;. Bobster carries a few "Gunner" http://bikeroptix.com/bobster-gunner-p-139.html and "The Rapter" http://bikeroptix.com/bobster-rapter-p-145.html ;. 7eye has one called the "Whirlwind" http://bikeroptix.com/7eye-whirlwind-p-61.html
    These are all designed for for bigger framed people like yourself. I would suggest if you have a hard time finding a good pair that are comfortable for you then pick 2 of these frames and I'll send them to you. If you don't like the way the feel, send them back. As long as they are in the same shape as they were sent you won't be charged. Our policy is here http://bikeroptix.com/shipping.php  />
    Ride safe!
    • 16834 posts
    February 29, 2012 3:54 AM PST
    My eyes don't focus through many types of eye-wear.
    Including everything from riding goggles to welding masks including sunglasses.
    So I must psychically try them all before purchasing them.
    • 19043 posts
    February 29, 2012 9:11 AM PST
    That sounds like a deal. When next I need new sunglasses (prescription) I will get in touch.
    • 79 posts
    February 29, 2012 12:33 PM PST
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    My eyes don't focus through many types of eye-wear.
    Including everything from riding goggles to welding masks including sunglasses.
    So I must psychically try them all before purchasing them.

Can you explain? Why can't you focus? When's the last time you've had an eye exam? Do you weld for a living/hobby?
    • 79 posts
    February 29, 2012 12:36 PM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    That sounds like a deal. When next I need new sunglasses (prescription) I will get in touch.

Sounds good! Thanks Rex!
    • 1516 posts
    February 29, 2012 1:21 PM PST
    BikerOptix wrote...
    DebraJo wrote...

Well I'll remember you when we get it installed!I'll be sending you a PM telling you we're ready for you to have fun and buy ya a new pair!lol

Thank you, I will definately try it out.. I am due a new pair, how long?

• February 29, 2012 3:10 PM PST
    I'd try it.
    • 2072 posts
    March 1, 2012 12:41 AM PST
    I'm more the how does it feel rather than how does it look type of person...... However, it is a cool idea !!! (My ex used to go to a hair salon that had that type of software for hair styles. Pretty cool !!)
    • 2072 posts
    March 1, 2012 12:41 AM PST
    I'm more the how does it feel rather than how does it look type of person...... However, it is a cool idea !!! (My ex used to go to a hair salon that had that type of software for hair styles. Pretty cool !!)