Ride of sorts.

• 1 posts
    February 13, 2012 3:30 PM PST
    So, sunday rolls around and and its getting on towards 12...like all sundays they are fairly laid back around my place. But time stops for no man, and i have to get on the road. A quick call sees my son pull up. He has said his goodbyes to his current love. So Dad !what do we need to take....I think my stare convinced him, maybe he should've stayed home Saturday night. The back of the van was packed with my shit, swag, a small bag, a pair of joggers and a towel.  A rig was  set to house the bike...and a ramp awaited his bike. Originally we were going to ride. But with my son losing his licence..the prospect, of getting caught and having 2 bikes and one rider just didn't sound appealing....so i borrowed the club van for the trip. 2 hours later bozo my son was ready..seems his current squeeze couldn't bear the thought of letting him go for a week was too big a burdon..so she showed up right before we were leaving just to distract him further....with a 6 or 7 hour drive ahead of us. I was peaking to hit the road....3.15pm we hit the road with half a tank of diesel . I had planned on driving at least an hour and half to get some distance in before fuellling for the grind up the coast road...My plan actually worked most of the traffic was heading the other way the whole trip...but the gutless van made the going slow....hills reduced us to 20 mph...for what seemed like eternity....gthen we'd rtace down the otherside at break neck speed only to be reduced to 20 again for the next climb out...Sydney loomed outa the haze....$72 bucks later we were away up the Fwy3..heading north.
  • February 13, 2012 4:13 PM PST
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    ..Sydney loomed outa the haze....

I don't remember that!

Hope you & the youngin' had a great ride.

Funny I had on a Sydney Australia T shirt a buddy from NSW just sent me! Wore it to a run.

Sydney aka Fishy

• 1 posts
    February 13, 2012 4:40 PM PST
    I live south of Sydney and it does loom outa the haze some days..just like LA.
    • 1 posts
    February 14, 2012 3:42 AM PST
    so most of you have driven with a bike in the back or on a trailer..yeah I've trailered..but havinga 1340 strapped into the back right behind your seat takes some getting used too. Like hit a bump and you turn around half expecting the straps to have broken and the handgrips have penetrated the side of the van. No such luck but i turned and looked quite a few times on the serious road deformations...and there were numerous.
    So around 2am we get to the halfway point, Gladstone NSW, on the mid north coast. Not wanting to wake the ol cous up..we tried to be quiet..but no use...the ol busybody came out to see who'd pulled up, and made me a cuippa coffee and gave me a bed...cool. Up at 6am though too hot....2pm rolled arond to quick and i was again sitting in a church for a memorial service for my grandma...gotta admit the wake was better for me this time round. I had already done her funeral...
    Catching up with relo's though is a problem.. the older you get the only your seeing them is at funerals..these days.
    10pm saw me my son and a cousin the only ones left, we scored a feed and a local chicky came over to join us...she got the hots for my son...and I had some fun with that aspect. Right up until the time, I scored a slap up the side of the head...shook something loose...I'm still trying to work out what happened, to cause it. My cousin came off worst...she belted into him about 15 minutes later and was ejected from the place...threatening him./ Go figure I guess some people just don't handle their liquor as good as others...The after party was epic or so I'm told...3am did me in....Of course it was me that had to drive the next day. We rolled up to Byron bay...and stepped into a truck roll over...which blocked the Hwy...saw alot of cows that day...my son, wanted to break his bike out and leave me stuck there...no chance. I'm in the traffic jam so's he. 

We rolled into Currumbin around 5pm and found out it was 4pm as Qld doesn't use daylight saving, or Pacific summer time....why is anyones guess....bloody Cane toads....  
    • 1 posts
    February 14, 2012 12:40 PM PST
    why is it that when you tow something, invariably it breaks down. Trying to fit up a bike for interstate rego...suddenly the bastard of a thing won't start. check this check that...click click click...solinoid? sure was....did you know that mazda parts fit in HD's...go figure. Mazda parts are cheap compared to the same in HD...(*info*)....2 solinoid copper connection points and bingo she's done ,starts like a champion. Just like she's brand new.  Figure its time for a ride...I'd been left out in the heat for a few days...my son took off too be with his mates, and the FXr is sitting there rearing to go..cool breeze at least whilst riding....beach babes(not that I'd ogle)..sun surf....it doesn't get much better than this....plus its getting on towards night time.....time for a blast....its a pity my son likes gunfighter seats though....bloody uncomfortable....made for young asses not old ones like mine. Still find a good corner and just hang. Watch the world go by.....especially the nubiles....Gold coast cops are a buzz..a long grey goatee...draws alot of strange looks!