Off these forums... into the garage

• 1855 posts
    February 22, 2012 7:38 AM PST
    Somehow I had lost the little ball bearing at the end of the jackshaft assembly when I was working on my starter. When I say I lost it I mean I never put it on. The bearing allows for less wear and tear on the starter gear. I installed the new assembly and I guess that damn bearing got lost in the garage and eventually got swept up. Anyway, the bike still started so I figured all was well. Problem? The dang thing lasted only about a year and I had to install another. This time I noticed that the new jackshaft assembly kit had a little ball bearing with it. I didn't recall that the last time I put a new one on. Funny. I'm not much for reading directions. But hey,How tough is it to fix ? But now I had to look at some instructions since I didn't know where that tiny thing went. Needless to say I had to do a bit more than just replace the jackshaft assembly. But that was many years ago. But it was also then that I decided I wasn't a mechanic and I've never claimed to be one since. I have learned alot since then and I can work on a shovelhead and the EVO motors if but I never, ever, ever give mechanical advice.

Peace
    • 2 posts
    February 22, 2012 11:06 AM PST
    BOOF wrote...
    Y'ALL WANNA TRY CHANGING THE PLUGS IN THAT FRIGGIN BUELL...WHAT A PAIN IN THE BALLS THAT TURNED INTO..MIND YOU IT WAS FRIGGIN HOT IN THAT SHED AND I HAD TO DRINK 14 BEERS BEFORE THEY GOT WARM...CHEERS BOOF

Yup, might be why I do it on the lawn. - Also love that the give you a tork figure & there is no way in h' you can get a tork wrench on the plugs.

• 0 posts
    February 22, 2012 11:19 AM PST
    IT TIGHTENED MINE UP TO NFTE..CHEERS
    • 7 posts
    February 23, 2012 2:44 AM PST
    Black9 wrote...
    Or, "Let's make better mistakes tomorrow..."

Ha! My new motto :-))
    • 1161 posts
    February 23, 2012 8:58 PM PST
    I was going to replace my spark plugs and wires until I found out the wires come with the $170.00 price tag! So I may replace the spark plugs and say F--k the wires for now. Got to many other things that need fixing or just flat out replaced.