Mr. Sandman

• 9 posts
    February 10, 2012 11:50 PM PST

I can’t think of anything worse after a night of drinking than waking up next to someone and not being able to remember their name
    or how you met, or why they’re dead.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 19040 posts
    February 11, 2012 12:15 AM PST
    oops...
  • February 11, 2012 1:42 AM PST
    uh oh !
    the "dead" part would definately ruin my day........
  • February 11, 2012 1:53 AM PST
    Sounds like my 1st. wife
    • 395 posts
    February 11, 2012 2:19 AM PST
    nice tweek.. unfortunately..i can relate....except for the dead part...and webby...think that was too much info,lol
    • 34 posts
    February 11, 2012 8:07 AM PST
    was flirting with this cute chick and bought her lunch-great time-thought i was making hay-then when it was time to go --she said 'thanks for the lunch and what was your name again!
    • 2 posts
    February 11, 2012 3:58 PM PST
    Thanks for dredging that one up again, it was only one time
  • February 12, 2012 12:00 AM PST
    Whew! Finally- I am not the only one!
  • February 12, 2012 5:40 AM PST
    When I was single, met with some friends for Happy Hour and a nice gentleman (ok, attractive too, lol) sat next to me at the bar, we exchanged greetings, chit-chat while watching a game; afterwards, we introduced ourselves to each other and my friends, we shared a little about our work and began a conversation on other topics; in the middle of a topic, he stopped and asked, "Can you tell me what I told you my name was, what I do, and where I live?" He was genuinely serious so I kept my sarcastic reply to myself, and answered him correctly; to be fair, I asked him the same question and he gave the right answers. First time I encountered that, so quite impressive and mature. And, no, we weren't drinking much either as we were eating as well.
    I learned very early in my career that ACTIVE LISTENING is crucial, more so now in my profession as it was his. We talked about how little many individuals actually pay attention to another person whom they have met regardless of common and/or attractive attributes which connected them in the first place (I suppose) and although, that may not be what they want, it's just human nature for EACH OF US to want to be acknowledged by others; it's rude, shallow, and thoughtless otherwise ............ It's actually obvious when people aren't paying attention and/or not listening (they just 'hear' noise), I just tell them, "I don't want to waste your time"......(they are wasting mine too) so I just tell them how nice it was to meet her/him, have a nice day, blah, blah, blah, just a courteous thing to say and be on my way)))))

Just my 2 cents ..........
  • February 14, 2012 10:12 AM PST
    Oh I don't know, how about the same scene but they aren't dead, the next week, guess what, same song, next verse and you know who they are...
  • February 15, 2012 3:24 PM PST
    My wife is still alive, but I get in so much trouble when introducing, and brain locks up, can't remember wife's name. I'm 51. Early alzheimer maybe?
  • February 16, 2012 2:01 AM PST
    Lost your chance for that 2nd date eh?