For Our Children ~ Young and Old

• February 6, 2012 5:37 AM PST
    This Forum is dedicated to our Children.  As parents the most important thing we can do for our children is pray for them.  Whether they are new borns or becoming parents themselves, they are still our children. 

In my own life I've raised two.  My son was born in 1982 and my daughter in 1990.  I lost my son last year, but I continue to pray for him and I pray my daughter can learn to live with her suvivor's quilt and the loss of her daddy when she was only 10 years old.

My finace' has two sons, one who is happily settled in a professional career and the other still struggling with choices.

Father today I ask for your loving grace to envelope our children as they grow and learn. 
    In all things let them turn to you Lord, for your will be done!
       <><   <><   <><<<  

In honor of my boy:
    Jonathan Hardy Young Jr.  Sept. 5, 1982 ~ March 16, 2011

• February 6, 2012 5:41 AM PST
    Thank You Lord for the blessing of Children!
    • 5420 posts
    February 6, 2012 5:49 AM PST
    Penne,

I am so sorry to hear that you have gone through the loss of one of your children. I have 2 kids from a first marriage, one step son from my marriage to Laura and we have one together. Three are adults with their own lives and families, but as you said no matter what the age they are still our children - and I cannot even imagine going through the loss any one of them.

Our prayers go out to young Jonathan that he is resting in peace and also to you that you may keep his memory in your heart forever.
    • 844 posts
    February 6, 2012 5:58 AM PST
    Great post in honor of your boy.

Children are a blessing and I thank God for mine all the time! Isn't it great that God choose us to be the only species to stay close and care for our children throughout their entire lives!

I'm sure your boy is resting in peace and always will because you continue to pray from him.
    • 2 posts
    February 6, 2012 10:09 AM PST
    Sorry to hell - I can take a punch but the one you took would floor me.

Praying you can find peace. - Awful blow you took, sorry - wish I could think of something, anything I could do.
    • 567 posts
    February 6, 2012 11:11 AM PST
    Penne ... I've the father of two wonderful, grown sons. There is no way I can even imagine your loss. I pray that God wraps you in His love and healing.
    As for my two "boys" .. they are both doing just fine on their walk thru life. They make me proud to be their dad.
  • February 6, 2012 11:38 AM PST
    Penne Prayers out to you and your Family sorry for your loss.
  • February 6, 2012 11:51 AM PST
    Hugs...Wooly (Hard to believe its almost been a year...)
  • February 6, 2012 11:52 AM PST
    Big hugs to you Penne.
  • February 6, 2012 12:54 PM PST
    Sorry for your lost,& will PRAY for you !! take care & GOD BLESS YOU !!!!
    • 16837 posts
    February 6, 2012 1:32 PM PST
    May their souls and all the souls of the faithfully departed through the mercy of God rest in peace, Amen.
  • February 10, 2012 4:26 AM PST
    Thank you for sharing. Your family is in my prayers.
  • February 11, 2012 7:01 AM PST
    Thanks y'all. Father; please watch over our children in their adult lives.
  • February 15, 2012 12:01 PM PST
    Father please reinforce our resolve to give our children our support, our love, and our confidence that they can, and should make their own lives succeed.
  • February 15, 2012 2:38 PM PST
     And lord please find these kids and orphanage, so I don't have to deal with them anymore!, Just kiddin around.  But, seriously, Lord Please lead the developers away from their water filtration system, so they will have fresh water to drink, and so they won't have to deal with massive flooding, Lord please educate the developers and loggers about all the earths umbrellas and sponges, how the earth needs trees to absorb, filter, and protect our resources.  Lord please guide our leaders not into tempation, but deliver them from evil.  Make them pay for all their greed, and stop them from selling out the future of all the children of the planet.  Amen.
  • February 15, 2012 3:04 PM PST
    Sorry for your loss Penne. Yes, praying for our children, other people, and our situations does make a huge difference.