CUSTOM PAINT & NEW LIGHT-UP PAINT

• February 4, 2012 12:13 PM PST
    intresting for visability, have a great one "T"
  • February 4, 2012 12:19 PM PST
    You know, first show we did a lot of people said that same thing,..."Great safety feature too"
    • 2072 posts
    February 4, 2012 3:19 PM PST
    I think it would look AWESOME !!!!!!
    • 16834 posts
    February 4, 2012 5:10 PM PST
    Cool!
    • 1364 posts
    February 4, 2012 11:25 PM PST
    That paint really pops, Nice
    • 19043 posts
    February 5, 2012 1:22 AM PST
    Interesting but I would have to see it in person. Being an 'old school' type it is probably too gimmicky for me but I am not the only rider.
  • February 5, 2012 4:06 AM PST
    <<< These light panels come in over a dozen colors, from a few inches to the size of a car hood >>>

Trying to get my head around this? Is this a paint job or are they stickers or decals???
    • 834 posts
    February 5, 2012 4:14 AM PST
    Looks cool, but I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly how it goes on too. And where are the wires? Behind?

If you got any pictures of the process, that would be really cool.
    • 1855 posts
    February 5, 2012 9:09 AM PST
    I'm kind of not into that "HEY, Look at me" thing. I might get identified. LOL

Peace
    • 1161 posts
    February 5, 2012 10:14 AM PST
    Very neat! If it is a "Paint" it would be very cool to use on all sorts of things!
  • February 5, 2012 11:29 PM PST
    Here's a picture of the tank panels before the paint job goes on.

There are electrical leads. They run under the part.

Yes this extreme paint job is for people who like "Show" bikes. But you can also just do a small design like a fender with a name that lights up or a Harley emblem, military insignia, something like that.

I like that my bike tells my story of belief, when the lights come on you read plainly in all this seemingless graffiti, "Christ is King", "Jesus Christ", "Faith" and "Grace".

• 5420 posts
    February 6, 2012 12:17 AM PST
    Now I see! The thin light panels are put on first and then the paint to mask. Very cool.
    • 3006 posts
    February 6, 2012 2:54 AM PST
    Interesting post !
    The safety aspect is a big plus,drivers would spot a rider a lot quicker I think.
    Thanks for sharing this.
  • February 6, 2012 3:59 AM PST
    interesting idea, however it seems as though a person is limited to whom paints their ride. I really won't let anyone but Jo paint my ride, shoot she'd never go on an adventure with me again I'd hate to end that 17 year riding buddy relationship. Unless the light parts are sold individually and customers can take it to their own painters i see it as limited. have a great one! "T"
  • Ry
    February 6, 2012 5:23 PM PST
    I like this idea. How can we get these light panels if not near Illinois? What are the paint limitations?I saw something like this at SEMA a couple years back.
  • February 7, 2012 1:52 AM PST
    Ahhh... very interesting. I can't see any seams in the pictures but am having a hard time believing you can't see any in real life? Hell, even vinyl decals leave a seam... The technology is cool as hell. Couldn't pay me enough to have it on my bike but still a very interesting concept.
  • February 7, 2012 2:30 AM PST
    Wonder if there is a law concerning riding and the light on?
    • 1161 posts
    February 9, 2012 10:52 AM PST

Good question!  
    And are there different size papers beside the ones shown on these pictures?

• February 14, 2012 10:28 PM PST
    Tumbles wrote...
    interesting idea, however it seems as though a person is limited to whom paints their ride. I really won't let anyone but Jo paint my ride, shoot she'd never go on an adventure with me again I'd hate to end that 17 year riding buddy relationship. Unless the light parts are sold individually and customers can take it to their own painters i see it as limited. have a great one! "T"

Yes, She can place an order with me, she will get a video of how to install. As long as she's comfortable extensive body work application (AKA sanding her ass off) she should be fine.
  • February 14, 2012 10:33 PM PST
    LucysAirbrush wrote...
    Seakers wrote...

Good question!  
    And are there different size papers beside the ones shown on these pictures? -Yes they come in almost any size, and with the leads running in a vertical or horizontal line depending on the need of the application

The only law I know of regarding lighting in most states is that you may not have BLUE lights on while moving because that is only used for law enforcement vehicles. Though honestly we've had blue on for years and never been stopped, I have heard rumors of people who have been given at least a warning.

Usually the cop stops you and says, "Can I see that? That's cool as hell!"

• February 16, 2012 10:26 PM PST
    We are getting ready to paint two more light up bikes

One with a snake theme, and one with dragons, I'll keep the pictures coming.
    • 3006 posts
    February 17, 2012 4:41 AM PST
    LucysAirbrush wrote...
    We are getting ready to paint two more light up bikes

One with a snake theme, and one with dragons, I'll keep the pictures coming.

Thanks for sharing this,and please keep the pictures coming, I personally would love to get one with a old stripclub neon/theme look to it.
    • 1161 posts
    February 20, 2012 3:42 PM PST
    Right on I can't wait! By the way I was trying to figure out prices on your web site could not navigate it well. (but I'm a bit slow, haha) But thought you might want to know that.
  • April 18, 2012 11:46 PM PDT
    Seakers wrote...
    Right on I can't wait! By the way I was trying to figure out prices on your web site could not navigate it well. (but I'm a bit slow, haha) But thought you might want to know that.

That's becaus there aren't any prices!! Ha, ha, you're not slow! 

Seriously, we quote each individual job on it's estimated hours.

Thanks, Lucy