What will I find on you or your bike Every time you ride?

• 1780 posts
    February 3, 2012 4:03 AM PST
    Tumbles wrote...
    LOL! Night Dragon, tampon will help absorb water out of your boots have you ever seen them things grow to size? some oil they aren't that good at that but well it helps. Now farting is funny! have a great one "T"

I remember at my retirement party I got Smashed and tried to lite one of those boot soaker upper's

Oh yea now don't blame farting on your little magic travel frog

• February 3, 2012 4:18 AM PST
    What a great response. I have to say, I have never ridden in the rain... It sprinkled once, but never been caught in a downpour and I have traveled from New Orleans to Calif on October, been in Arizona during Monsoon season. Just lucky I guess. I do not even own any rain gear.

It has been interesting to see what you all are carrying around and the conversation it has sparked. A magic frog, a dragon, MUST see close up picture please...

Lets talk about the cell phone. If uyou have not installed a charger on your bike for a charger GO GET ONE. I think they are about 20.00. I was at AZ bike week last year and we were coming down from the mountain when our rear tire blew out. We were lucky, his phone died while on the phone to AAA and my phone was barely hanging on. It was nearly dark, and they could not find us. Go figure, and bikers do not stop for other bikers.

If you have a smart phone, turn if off when you are riding or put it on "Airplane" mode to preserve the battery. I had forgotten to do that on this day.
  • February 3, 2012 4:27 AM PST
    a "magic frog" is a little frog guy a friend of mine's child gave me. She said it would help me always find my way home. so I keep it in the saddle bag cause that was just sweet. have a great one "T"
  • February 3, 2012 4:47 AM PST
    @Tumbles.. Aww that is sweet. Out of the mouth of babes...
  • February 3, 2012 5:18 AM PST
    fefe has been to jawja...ther pervs and possum ride in 2010. i got pics of her in in some great shorts lol.
    things i always have when i ride...cell phone...tool kit (in case someone knows how to use em lol) shop rag...sunscreen (i ride in texas)...my lady has her own list and i haven't a clue what she brings...but she looks GREAT!!!
    • 5420 posts
    February 3, 2012 5:34 AM PST
    Darla, Great idea on turning the cell phone off while your ride, you can't use it 'till you stop anyway.  And even a phone with partial charge could be a problem when you need help.  I've been out in the middle of nowhere and had to make 10 calls before I could get the help to where I was.

Buy the way we have the 12V cigarette lighter style adapters to charge your phone here for just $10 !

12v Cigarette Lighter Style Adapter

I've got it hooked up in my saddle bag so my phone is always 100% charged for emergency.
  • February 3, 2012 5:47 AM PST
    Absolutely Lucky, especially in remote areas where the phone will roam, it drains the phone in a hurry. In our case it was getting dark, the tow truck did not show up till after dark. An adapter was put on the bike as soon as we got back home. I think it is the single most important piece of safety equipment to have on a bike. So those of you that don't have one. GET IT NOW!
    • 1780 posts
    February 3, 2012 5:49 AM PST
    Tumbles wrote...
    a "magic frog" is a little frog guy a friend of mine's child gave me. She said it would help me always find my way home. so I keep it in the saddle bag cause that was just sweet. have a great one "T"

I just knew it would be something that would me feel bad for saying what I said,....lol
    Night foot in mouth Dragon

• February 3, 2012 5:57 AM PST
    i have an old pair of fingerless leather gloves,i never ride without them,everyone tells me in need a new pair of gloves but i just cant part with them.
  • February 3, 2012 6:35 AM PST
    nova99 wrote...
    fefe has been to jawja...ther pervs and possum ride in 2010. i got pics of her in in some great shorts lol.
    things i always have when i ride...cell phone...tool kit (in case someone knows how to use em lol) shop rag...sunscreen (i ride in texas)...my lady has her own list and i haven't a clue what she brings...but she looks GREAT!!!

Yup...that was one time...I've been through GA several times though.

Good to see ya here Nova!

• February 3, 2012 6:43 AM PST
    @ Windwalker... Duct tape... so many uses...
    • 1 posts
    February 3, 2012 7:17 AM PST
    Fefe wrote...
    Cathy wrote...
    LCStrat wrote...
    I always wear the Joe Rocket Mesh jacket with pads, mesh gloves, and full faced helmet. I guess now that I'm older I want to keep as much hide as I can if, God forbid, I ever go down.

.....that's how we roll!!!

Wait a minute! You aren't wearing all that gear in your profile pic!

(Tee hee hee)

I have ATG, I just don't wear it ATT. It's a judgement call before every ride. How lucky I feel that day, which bike I am going to ride, what kind of ride I intend to do. If I am going to be on the bike all day putting miles behind me, or if it is CCCold out, I will most likely go with ATG. But I have ridden 90 mph with a backless halter top on and no helmet, too. I've ridden around rallies in a bikini top. The less protective gear I have, the more careful and alert I am.

I have noticed that other drivers seem more courteous to me when I am NOT wearing a helmet. I don't know why, maybe they can tell I am a girl and they are either intimidated by a chick on a bike, or worried about the "woman driver". But when I have a helmet on, I often feel like it acts as a giant magnet for cages.

My glide has one saddlebag which remains permanently packed with rain gear and tools and a baseball cap (helps in rain) and backup glasses and gloves. The other bag usually has my laptop in it. And I have a handlebar mount for my iPhone so I can feed my tunes through the radio, and also use google maps to discover new roads. But my Buell and the softail don't have saddlebags, or the iPhone mount, so I am generally without all those extras. Although, I have bungied my computer on the back of both of those bikes. And I do have a sissy bar bag I can pack the softail for a day trip or an overnight.

I also have an emergency overnight bag on the glide...it has a pair of glasses and a contact lense case and a pair of disposable contacts, as well as a toothbrush and sample packets of shampoo and conditioner. You know, those bare essentials. LOL

Every ride is different!

...and I don't usually ride on the sidewalk either.....    My friends made a calendar a while back, that was one of the photos for the calendar.  Trust me, it felt really strange to ride without all "my gear". 
  • February 3, 2012 8:45 AM PST
    So many things that I expect to find on anyone's bike, while others... Hummmmm not so much. I never expected dragons or magic frogs, but I do love it! It sure has been interesting to read and I do think that I have a few ideas what I may take with me when I travel the next time.
    • 601 posts
    February 3, 2012 9:37 AM PST
    I was going to give a smart answer....I'll leave that ta Boof...i could list a lot of things I always remember to take...but one thing I will never leave behind is my St Christopher medal, patron of travelers....and I am not in the least bit religious, its ...well just in case.
  • February 3, 2012 9:52 AM PST
    Fefe wrote...
    glide wrote...
    FeFe you were in Easy Rider Mag?

Yes I have been to GA, no clue about Easy Rider magazine.

didn't you go to Santas party?
  • February 3, 2012 9:56 AM PST
    nova99 wrote...

LMAO Doug she has no Idea who I am!  she said she has never met me.... I told her I saw her in shorts
  • February 3, 2012 9:58 AM PST
    glide wrote...
    Fefe wrote...
    glide wrote...
    FeFe you were in Easy Rider Mag?

Yes I have been to GA, no clue about Easy Rider magazine.

didn't you go to Santas party?

Yes indeedy. Before the party I told him I was gonna show up in daisy dukes, hooker boots, and fishnet stockings. So I did.

That's when I found out that fishnet stockings on a sunny day make for a very bizarre tan.

• February 3, 2012 10:22 AM PST
    @Rory, Many people leave faith behind until they they find themselves in trouble. Oh and Saint Christopher's feast day is May 9th... just in case... :]
  • February 3, 2012 10:30 AM PST
    glide wrote...
    nova99 wrote...

LMAO Doug she has no Idea who I am!  she said she has never met me.... I told her I saw her in shorts

I met so many new people that day, and killed off a lot of weak brain cells that night! My apologies for not remembering you...I still don't have a clue!

• 2 posts
    February 3, 2012 10:36 AM PST
    If  I was limited to ONE thing I would stay home & hide

What you will find on my person at all times? = 1.) Wallet  & 2.) Jackknife or Skeleton knife  - Even when running or bicycling in shorts & sox; wallet in left sock, skeleton knife in right

What is on my person MOST TIMES? = “Day Timer” & 0.5mm pencils

What is on my person WHEN riding? – I mean at all times – 1.) Helmet,  2.) Gloves, heavy pigskin & 3.) Safety Glasses (keep 3 different tints handy)

What do I keep near my person when away from away from the comforts of civilization? – 1.) A few shanks of parachute chord, 2.) About  20’ of braided nylon line w/ an eye-splice in one end, 3.) Multi-purpose tool 

• 601 posts
    February 3, 2012 10:44 AM PST
    IEDarla wrote...
    @Rory, Many people leave faith behind until they they find themselves in trouble. Oh and Saint Christopher's feast day is May 9th... just in case... :]

Faith not a problem...religion=problem

• February 3, 2012 11:50 AM PST
    I know this one will sound korney & most people will just read right over it, but a good "Field Trauma" First Aid Kit can literally save your life, your spouse or best friend. God forbid the situation arise. Although I got to the scene shortly after he died, I once came up on a truck that had wrecked and was on fire. Nobody had a fire extinguisher and all they could do was watch in horror as this man burned. That really bothered me as I drove home from Texas. I have stepped in holes at rallies and twisted my ankle. Have seen drunken idiots burn their legs to the 3rd degree. People cutting themselves on broken bottles. Any time you are prepared, you can handle unforseen and inevitable situations and mishaps. Being unprepared can literally end in the death of a fellow biker. We all assume someone else is going to have these things if needed, but in times of crisis, nobody does. Something to consider!!!
    Ride Safe - Ride Free
  • February 3, 2012 2:47 PM PST
    Springfield xd 45 acp, tools, homemade first aid kit i hate the one size fits all i put in it what i know ill need and what i know works.
    • 9 posts
    February 3, 2012 3:30 PM PST
    I'm with you, Rory! On both counts. Keep the FAITH! I won't even comment on religion. Does anyone know where I could find a St. Christopher bell? Has anyone ever seen one? THAT would ROCK!!! Lemme know, K?
    IEDarla, I gotta tell ya, I was kinda not likin' the Shark/Guppy references you made at the beginnin' of this thread, but that's just me. I don't mind being "fish", I'd just like something a little more...adult? And sexy...lol (if there is such a fish...lol). My self-esteem needs all the boost it can get, ATM. No offense, eh?

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 658 posts
    February 3, 2012 3:52 PM PST
    I have a small tool kit with a flashlight, a medical kit ( Im with you HogHaven), pocket knife and a very good sence of humor....