Favorite Police Stories

• April 30, 2013 12:29 AM PDT
    my favorite police story is any story that does not involve me standing there with my hands raised over my head!
    • 1 posts
    May 2, 2013 5:34 PM PDT
    found this today...don't know what its about but it happened in Seattle...the boyz dressed like blue bozos...with there pushbikes. So threatening....
  • May 6, 2013 7:06 AM PDT
    Ok ! I had just bought a new Honda CBR1000RR , Riding back streets to get used to it and Saw a MC Cop. He motioned me to pull over.. I took off my Helmet and he really looked supprised we were about the same age.. He said do you know how fast you were going.. I said no Sir I had turned on the street and wicked it a little bit thru 2nd gear.. He said you were doing 55 in a 25 Mph Zone, you know you can go to Jail.. I told him the truth partly that I had just bought the bike and was not used to it.. I didn't realize I was going that Fast.. He Said I'll give you a break this time Slow Down... the replaceable lens fell out of my Glasses and he told me to pick it up and get out of the 25 mph zones.. I said yes sir.. Nice Deputy Sheriff . He was there because of complaints of speeding on that street..
    The only HP that let me go was in my car.... I was on a two lane road in my 68 428 Mustang when a slow car was holding about 5 cars back.. I down shifted to 3rd kicked down and passed everyone . But when I go along side the lead car I looked over and saw the Patch.. Granny shifted into 4 th and went around.. He pulled me and told me that He couldn't give me a ticket for speeding while passing.. but that I was doing 60 in a 55.. I said no sir officer I was making sure I was not speeding.. He said the big tires made the speedo wrong. but still let me off with a warning.. So all Cops are not pricks.. Oh I know One..they finally kicked him from the Force.. He was a big black man and pulled me and told me I was speeding in my loud mustang.. I was not.. he shine his light all in the car..sounds like Illegal search.. finallly let me go with a warning but, still was very aggressive.. to many complaints from women got him Kicked from the force .. I said thank you...
    • 1 posts
    May 10, 2013 1:35 PM PDT
    I love reading about the biker/cops culture...for 27 odd years I was one. Worse yet I was a motor officer. One day i was standing next to my bike speed trapping...In New South Wales where I live the cops can use radar and laser speed enforcement equipment to trap speeders..total revenue raising most of the time. See I admit it!...
    This particular day it was getting towards knock off time...I had an important engagement to get too after shift. The next thing this bozo comes zooming down the road, in and out of the traffic. I locked him up on the speed indicator light and the 138 appeared in the target HUD...(head up display)...I stepped out and he stopped about 50 yards past me...walking up I must have looked pissed off. I got close and he jumped out the drivers door...Yelling I know I know...I looked at him and said Son this is an 80 zone (talking kilometres per hour now) a 50 zone...I said I can lock you up...I know says he...It's worse says he...oh how so...I am disqualified...Oh bullshit, I said... I wrote him up..I shouldn't have but I did...I then let him go...The appointment was with my wife it was our anniversary...I had let her down so many times before, i wasn't going to let this asshole spoil it for her. So I didn't do my job. Ticket in hand he just stared at me...I said go on get outa here..and take it easy. Thought nothing more of it...and went back and clocked off. The wife was estatic she really had a great night.
    Pm shift the next day. Sitting in the office getting the usual needle from the Sgt before shift start..I get notified there is someone too see me at the front counter. The Sgt mid flight looks at me and goes, go on with a wave of his hand. Sitting out on the bench at the front of the watch house is the young chap from the day before ticket in hand...I looked at him...I said whats the matter with you...He looked up..He looked down at the ticket...He stood up and approaching the counter...He said in a loud clear voice...I really screwed up yesterday...and You let me go...I have coem to hand myself in, I should have been charged and you let me go..I can't believe it...I stood there stunned. The counter had other people making inquiries...The desk Sgt stopped and looked at this guy, the people at the counter all stopped and stared...unbeknowns to me my Sgt had finished the briefing and was standing behind me listening..This big dope stood infront of an assembled crowd of Police and civilians and dropped the biggest bomb on top of me. I was stuck like a fly in ointment.. He stood there and admitted to travelling over 50 over the speed limit whilst being a disqualified driver ....and I let him go with a speeding ticket. He then handed me the ticket over the counter..and suggested i arrest him and apply the full letter of the law against him.
    I stood there with daggers in my eyes...I would have happily killed him on the spot for what he just did.
    You would have thought that I would have turned into Mr Officer hardass after that, but I didn't...I never was...The Sgt's couldn't believe their ears..I did get into trouble over it...internally. The young man in question was charged and put before the court..He got 3 months jail...and lost his licence for 5 years..

I am retired now after 27.5 years of being a LEO...I still get people coming up to me saying Hey Jones..remember back away, when you pulled me over......and I go...Nup. Well you did and you were pretty fair for a cop....maybe i was...or maybe I just didn't take it all that seriously...probably why i never made Sgt.
    • 611 posts
    May 20, 2013 6:12 AM PDT
     hahahahaaaa... Great story Jonesy! Tis usually the other way around, ya know?
    Well, I'm glad you're 'retarted' now and off the bloody streets! Still, I think that the LEO's need all the cops like you they can get. Even-handed, sense of humor and no need to 'Prove I'm Better Cuz I'm a Cop'... 

Most (not all) LEO's I have had the displeasure of dealing with have been... well, jerks. Pushy, a little intimidated and so they seem to try and over-compensate by being tough with me. I learned early to just nod, say 'Yessir, Nosir', have all my 'papers' in order and don't ride like a jackass in the first place.

Thanks for sharing and keep on riding!

Edge "Yessir" Walker

• 1 posts
    May 29, 2013 2:21 PM PDT
    Edge every copper is one of those, at the start. I was luckier than ,most. My family were mostly criminals in one form or another. So I had a chequered childhood. i had even be arrested myself as child...luckily in Australia under 10 years old you are considered to young to know what you are really doing...so they caution your ass.. Still with uncles and cousins on the wrong side of the law..I had to watch where I stepped. When I swallowed the bs line and joined up. I had seen one side and was looking on the otherside..then with some bad attitude and a real good bouncer I was tipped upside down and thrown down 2 flight of stairs. From that day on..I adjusted my attitude towards the people. I never looked back...and I hardly ever took it home with me. The cop was stored in a locker at the cop shop.Only brought out when it was on duty.