Bikers and the trendy

• 1161 posts
    February 9, 2012 2:14 PM PST
    Well as a "new" rider just thought I would chime in. I enjoyed the motorcycle safety course they even told us that not every one was cut out to be a motorcycle operator. But been around bikes for most of my life even tho I did not own a bike until Dec. of 2011. But wanted one for years, but I got it for almost nothing and am extatic to finally have a bike. It's not the biggest or best but it is mine and I have had a few people call me a poser but at least I'm on 2 wheels and enjoy it and ride as much as I can. Even been around some MCs and riding clubs but the idea of trying to fit in their "biker mold" just don't work for me. But I don't have a problem being friends and aquaints with most of them.

But if I could afford something bigger then my 400 to haul my fat a$$ around then I could ride to some of my appointments 45 minutes and farther away. But until then I'm kind of stuck with local areas and back roads witch dose not bother me unless I have to be somewhere at a certain time. But I admit I'm a bit of a fair weather rider ( even tho I give my riding buddy a hard time about it). But if it is 90+ degrees and 70+ humidity it just sucks but I need to get better gear because mine is an old full face helmet ( from my riding buddy) and non-vented jacket and old steel toed work boots.

But yes there is different type of riders those that enjoy it and those that look down on others.

But ride what you like F- what every one else thinks. Enjoy it and keep the Rubber side down!

• February 9, 2012 10:56 PM PST
    trendy bikers. yea, nothing like rolling upon them, i always figured if your ride is as clean as it was the day it was born, and a person has owned it a while, then they spend more time polishing and are fair weather riders at best. thirty grand and thirty miles a biker doesn't make.

I'm not sure I completely agree with this.  I spend as much time in the saddle as I possibly can, but I love my bike, and I love seeing it shine.  I have a thing about keeping my stuff in good shape, and to me that includes keeping it good and clean.  So yeah, my bike is as clean as it was the day I bought it.  I spent a lot of money on it and believe me, I'm gonna take care of it.  To me, a nice, clean bike and a lot of miles aren't mutually exclusive...

• February 10, 2012 12:37 AM PST
    Right On Wolfpack
  • February 10, 2012 1:08 AM PST
    Boy this post sure has got some mileage on it i am just going to stand back and watch from now on.
    • 2 posts
    February 10, 2012 6:07 AM PST
    Seaker, whoever called you a poser is either a poser him/herself or a complete moron. For F's sake you ride a CB400. A CB400 is a starter bike not a poser bike. Let me guess, he/she was rider a cookie cutter chopper that someone else built for them. Don't let morons like that get you down. Keep doing what you're doing. Ride at your own pace and don't let some moron make you feel bad about it. You have proven to me that you have a very real interest in riding and you doing it the RIGHT way.
  • February 10, 2012 6:17 AM PST
    Somebody just shoot me.......
  • February 10, 2012 6:22 AM PST
    BANG!
  • February 10, 2012 6:45 AM PST
    Thanks! Actually....I plan to resemble that photo very much later tonight!!!!!
  • February 10, 2012 6:50 AM PST
    Good on ya mate!
    • 0 posts
    February 10, 2012 8:35 AM PST
    I WENT TO THE STEELERSHIP YESTI TO HAVE ANOTHER LOOK AT THE NEW ROADGLIDE AND BOOK AND EXTENDED TEST RIDE..THE RECEPTION SHEILA ASKED IF I'D LIKE A COFFEE..I WAS LIKE HAVE YA GOTTA BEER? SHE GIGGLE AND WALKED OFF..I DUNNO...CHEERS BOOF
    • 2 posts
    February 10, 2012 11:19 AM PST
    Fefe wrote...
    99Savage wrote...
    Fefe wrote...
    99Savage wrote...
     Not to change the subject from women in heels, am all in favor of that one, continue on ladies BUT

For at least some of us HD doesn't get it, they just don't get it - No fool, not a photo-shop, a brother Bueller got this from HD

I guess they still have some Buell parts in inventory they want to move?
    Chrome? - Chrome!? - Buellers don't need no stinkin' chrome.

That's why we bought Buells not Sportsters. - Even the aftermarket parts are stainless not chrome.

Also might be one of the reasons HD stranded us, we think motorcycles exist to get around the corners faster than the cars not to make statements

I dunno...I am kinda tempted to put mini apes and fringed saddle bags on my Buell.
    Ok, you win, just don't let your Mother see it