Baby. On. Board

• 1780 posts
    January 28, 2012 5:18 AM PST
     Before I get into this please understand I Am Not Anti Baby!!

I'm sure everyone has seen the little sign's in some peoples car rear window...."Baby on Board"
    What exactly does that sign mean? At first I' m thinking ... It let's others know that there is a Baby in that car... Well why do we need to know that? Does it mean if someone is thinking about car jacking that car they had better know how to change a diaper? Does it mean if a person is out driving drunk they should attempt to avoid hitting that car..... That is if they can mentally process what a baby is. I mean if the sign is so people with their senses about them and can read may decide to give that car a wide birth ( no pun intended). Well hell if that's the case why isn't there  a sign that say's" Old Grochy Fart On Board".... I would like a wide birth as well!

Comments please

Dragon on Board
    • 5420 posts
    January 28, 2012 5:26 AM PST
    Always wondered about that one myself. Do they think I intentionally hit cars without babies on board.

You know what really pisses me off is when I get next to someone with the Baby on Board sign and there is no baby in the car. It's like damn I would have run into that car if I had only known there was no baby!
    • 1780 posts
    January 28, 2012 5:33 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Always wondered about that one myself. Do they think I intentionally hit cars without babies on board.

You know what really pisses me off is when I get next to someone with the Baby on Board sign and there is no baby in the car. It's like damn I would have run into that car if I had only known there was no baby!

Funny Lucky needed that chuckle

• 5420 posts
    January 28, 2012 5:39 AM PST
    I was thinking I have as much to live for as any baby - so I'm putting this on my car...

• 1780 posts
    January 28, 2012 5:42 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    I was thinking I have as much to live for as any baby - maybe I should get a sign that says...

"Man On Board Who Has A Loving Wife, 4 Kids, 2 Grand Kids and a Dog - So Don't Kill Me Either"

Keep em coming I'm bent over now......... From laughing

• 2072 posts
    January 28, 2012 6:11 AM PST
    Actually they DO have a purpose....... It started with window signs for your home to alert firefighters to LOOK for a baby in case of a house fire. It then moved to vehicles to let rescue personnel know there was a child in the car. As a former firefighter I have seen them put to good use. However, leaving the sign in the window of a car when in fact there are no children present can and has caused considerable waste of time during a rescue.
    • 5420 posts
    January 28, 2012 6:12 AM PST
    Now that makes sense
  • January 28, 2012 6:19 AM PST
    too funny!
    • 844 posts
    January 28, 2012 7:13 AM PST
    Thanks for the explain Cruiser.

I still like Lucky's sign!
    • 0 posts
    January 28, 2012 8:20 AM PST
    DRAGON OL MATE I GOT ONE THAT SAY'S" BEER ON BOARD". COPS HATE IT...I DONT CARE AUSTRALIA IS A BIG DANGEROUS COUNTRY. A MAN CAN DIE OF THIRST QUITE EASILY HERE.. IM ALWAYS PREPARED...CHEERS BOOF
    • 9 posts
    January 28, 2012 8:32 AM PST
    Dang Lucky...If you put that into production, you could make a mint. I want one...can you make me one that says:

Scorned Woman on Board
    Don't matter why...
    Run!

Whadya think??? Is it too much?

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 601 posts
    January 28, 2012 8:58 AM PST
    probably get killed for this...............
  • January 28, 2012 9:49 AM PST
    I always wonder why they put the baby on a board instead of a car seat.
    • 1780 posts
    January 28, 2012 10:22 AM PST
    Hey this Baby on Board sign needs to be controled......Was jaming down the slab last year and approched a car with the Baby on Board sign in the window, and when I got up next to the car I looked overed and saw a kid sucking on a passfier (Yea I know..Mis-spelled). Hey the little shit was at least seven, and when I looked over again the little curtain climber shot me the finger. Soooooo either take the sign out of the window when they approch a certain age...or for God's sake don't let the little Monster suck on that think at such a late age. Of course if I had of shot the kid the finger, that's would be about the time the parents would have looked over at me.....can we say CPS!

Another true story about a kid at Howoleen (I know I suck at spelling) which was the last kid of the night, and I was out of candy. (I had the pourch light turned out...the little sneak) So I opened the door and there was this little cute kid about 6 years old. I told him I had no more candy but I would see what I had......I found a apple and told the Kid to open his bag. I droped the apple in from an alititude of about 6 inches above his sack opening and watch it hit the bottom. So I look at the Kid and said...."What do you say" (looking for a Thank you)...Kid looks deep into his bag and looks up at me and says.....You broke my Fuc*in& cookies. Now I ask you where does a kid learn words like that.
    Dragon