Newbie from PA

• January 25, 2012 5:41 AM PST
     Hey everyone!!! My name is Gina and I am from Pa

I work for my family business (Karata Enterprises) and I like finding new sites to network and just meet great people!!!

You can check out our website karata.com or like our facebook page...Karata Enterprises. Just getting it going. If anyone has 
    any photos of our beltdrives feel free to post them or send them to me. We love seeing the finished look. 

Excited to get to know some of you 

G
  • January 25, 2012 5:55 AM PST
    Is promoting your family business on social media networks your full time job, or do you have other duties as well?

Where in PA are ya? SE here.
  • January 25, 2012 5:59 AM PST
    Welcome to the site Gina......there's a lot of promoting done on this site....so have fun!
  • January 25, 2012 6:10 AM PST
    Fefe wrote...
    Is promoting your family business on social media networks your full time job, or do you have other duties as well?

No no not at all.... it's just a good way to get our name rolling. I have done advertising, internet marketing, shipping, taking orders, 
    driven all over to set up trade shows at venues or drag races and so much more. We have been in business since 197240 years of products made in the U.S.ALike our facebook page

• January 25, 2012 6:11 AM PST
    mac117 wrote...
    Welcome to the site Gina......there's a lot of promoting done on this site....so have fun!

Hey Mac thank you thats super good to know

• January 25, 2012 6:35 AM PST
    I have gone to your FB page and looked at the photos. Nice work. I am very old school myself, but I still appreciate the talent it takes to build the new stuff. A pretty cool family business....
    • 1855 posts
    January 25, 2012 6:51 AM PST
    Welcome from w central Ohio

Peace
    • 16840 posts
    January 25, 2012 7:28 AM PST
    Hello from the extreme northwest corner of Pennsylvania.
    • 1780 posts
    January 27, 2012 12:31 AM PST
    Welcome from Texas......Was in Southeast Asia during VietNam with a guy from Scranton PA. All he ever talked about was Shafer Beer!! After I returned to the states I tried some, and it gave me the Shi&$
    The Night Dragon
    • 63 posts
    January 27, 2012 5:25 AM PST
    Welcome
    • 19049 posts
    January 27, 2012 5:36 AM PST
    Welcome from the 'at large' member to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.
    Spent most of the last 25 years in SE PA. (Lansdale-Hatfield)
    Karata, you folks make high performance drive belts, right? In Conshy? A friend of mine used one of your belts for his primary a few years back.
  • January 27, 2012 6:27 AM PST
    NightDragon wrote...
    Welcome from Texas......Was in Southeast Asia during VietNam with a guy from Scranton PA. All he ever talked about was Shafer Beer!! After I returned to the states I tried some, and it gave me the Shi&$
    The Night Dragon

lol  try  some  yuengling  porter  ,  necter  of  the  gods
    America's  oldest  brewery  !
    Manufactured  and  delivered  by  non  union  labor ! 

• 5420 posts
    January 27, 2012 6:46 AM PST
    NightDragon wrote...
    The Night Dragon

It spelled Schaefer - the same as my last name   And you're right it, it is some pretty bad tasting beer.  My dad used to keep it around just because of the family name.  I have just about one of everything with the Schaefer Beer logo on it too.  Just can't find any ties that show I'm related to the company!!!

One of my favorite pieces is this actual ad that was running in the New Yorker magazine when I was born - Aug 1958.  Somehow my sister found it for my 50th b-day.

• 5420 posts
    January 27, 2012 6:47 AM PST
    ok, a little off topic above...

Sorry - WELCOME GINA!!!!
  • January 27, 2012 8:11 AM PST
    hey Gina welcome,
    Well, those in the industry don't get to enjoy half the fun the rest of us do, after at all the shows its work time for you folks.have y'all ever been at sema? hopefully this can be your down time place. have a great one "T"
  • January 27, 2012 9:11 AM PST
    Fefe wrote...

No no not at all.... it's just a good way to get our name rolling. I have done advertising, internet marketing, shipping, taking orders, 
    driven all over to set up trade shows at venues or drag races and so much more. We have been in business since 197240 years of products made in the U.S.ALike our facebook page

I was thinking full time would be a blast, get paid to surf biker sites all day! Woohoo! But the trade shows could be fun too, I think.

Do you ride your own at all?
  • January 28, 2012 2:07 AM PST
    mac117 wrote...
    I have gone to your FB page and looked at the photos. Nice work. I am very old school myself, but I still appreciate the talent it takes to build the new stuff. A pretty cool family business....

Thanks mac we have been around for about 40 yearsWe take a lot of pride in our work
  • January 28, 2012 2:09 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Welcome from the 'at large' member to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.
    Spent most of the last 25 years in SE PA. (Lansdale-Hatfield)
    Karata, you folks make high performance drive belts, right? In Conshy? A friend of mine used one of your belts for his primary a few years back.

Hey Rexthanks for the welcomeYep thats us....we are in Conshohocken, pa. Belt drives, cluthces, magnetos...etc. 
    Hope your friend loves his primary 

• January 28, 2012 2:12 AM PST
    SomeOtherBear wrote...
    NightDragon wrote...
    The Night Dragon

lol  try  some  yuengling  porter  ,  necter  of  the  gods
    America's  oldest  brewery  !
    Manufactured  and  delivered  by  non  union  labor ! 

Yes yuengling!! and Stermyer..or Lionshead lol

• January 28, 2012 2:13 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    ok, a little off topic above...

Sorry - WELCOME GINA!!!!

Hahahah thank you

• January 28, 2012 2:15 AM PST
    Tumbles wrote...
    hey Gina welcome,
    Well, those in the industry don't get to enjoy half the fun the rest of us do, after at all the shows its work time for you folks.have y'all ever been at sema? hopefully this can be your down time place. have a great one "T"

HiI actually haven't been to Sema would love to though. I used to set up at Cinci, Ac, Delmarva Bike Week, Myrtle Bike Week, Indy and so much more lol I really like this site Im so happy I came across it

• January 28, 2012 2:17 AM PST
    Fefe wrote...
    Fefe wrote...

I was thinking full time would be a blast, get paid to surf biker sites all day! Woohoo! But the trade shows could be fun too, I think.

Do you ride your own at all?

Haha that would be greatTrade shows are a lot of fun..they have just changed a lot through the last few years..not as crowded as they used to be. People have less money to spend on their toys bc of economy. 

• January 28, 2012 2:30 AM PST
    Welcome Gina!
    • 9 posts
    January 28, 2012 8:53 AM PST

Welcome Gina! 

My dad haled from Butler, PA.  Went thru it once 40 years ago, on a memory tour.  Thing was, it was my divorced -from- my -Dad, drunken Mama's tour.  WOW!!!  One strange trip.  What I do remember, Lucky, is the Sheafer's Beer,(prolly spelled wrong) my Mama was tryin' to kill her pain with. That is the most god-awefullest beer on the planet.  Don't think I'd associate MY name with it...just sayin'...lol.  I do love the lithograph tho, I especially like the "real beer" part. 
    Sorry, Gina, I digress...I haven't had the chance to check out the Karata site yet, but I will.  My internet's been acting up today, so I'm crammin' stuff in while I can.  You'll love it here, everyone's awesome!!!  I'll send you a request for your friendship, and we'll get this ride started, eh?  Welcome, again! 

Ride Free 
    Tweek