When personalities CLASH....

• 0 posts
    January 23, 2012 1:42 PM PST
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    so this is america right...shoot the owner and keep the dog....

I told ya Jonesy was a mate of mine....Cheers BOOF

• 611 posts
    January 23, 2012 2:19 PM PST
    Well Tweek Lady, Have faced this very issue in a previous lifetime... To me/my view... She's a User. Using the 'owners' to get what she wanted, trying to USE you/roommate to pick up her slack. She uses the house for "sleep and showers" which tells me she doesn't WANT to be a part of this home. Now she is 'sucking up' to the owners. Tread very carefully, depending on what the 'owners' really know about the dynamics of the house. A roommate of mine moved into, what I considered, MY house. I had been there longest, cared for the house most and had a really good relationship with the 'owners'. 3 weeks later... YEP, I was OUT in the street. Year later, got a call outta the blue. 'Owner' apologized for the eviction and said the 'roommate' had cleaned her out, borrowed money/carried the rent, utilities... Wanted to know if I wanted to rent again... Just laughed and said 'NO' and hungup. Soooo, choose your battlefield carefully. Oh, start looking for another place... Do yerself a favor... Good thoughts to ya Sis.
    Edge Walker
    • 9 posts
    January 25, 2012 7:07 AM PST
    Thanks Edge. I am so very aware of the shaky ground I'm on. And she IS totally sucking up to the owners. I have taken a back-seat, on purpose. I want to see how many times, she'll run to them over anything that comes up. The thing in my favor, is that they lived with me, and know how I am. They never got that opportunity with her, as they had moved out, two weeks before she moved in. Or rather is still moving in. She's been here two weeks, and just about every day, she brings in more stuff. And is taking her sweet time about putting it all away. She's one high maintenance gal, and I'm hoping the owner's are gonna pick up on that, and make some new ground rules.
    There ARE two other roommates here, and we ALL need to get along and communicate. I talked that out with her, the other nite, and was sure we were back on solid ground, til she pulled something else today. Suffice it say, I
    am keeping an eye out for another opportunity. But for now, I gotta deal. Say a prayer, or cross your fingers, or
    whatever you think will help. Man...I really thought I could DE-stress for a while....

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 9 posts
    February 14, 2012 10:17 PM PST

This is one miserable bee-och, she's at it again...Yesterday, I tried to make coffee (like I have done every other morning since I've lived here), but I "WAS IN HER WAY", she was in the fridge and the coffepot is on the counter next to it.  I guess she was preparing to make her lunch for work.  It takes me all of about 30 seconds to start a pot of coffee...  And then today, I wait patiently for her to come out of the bathroom, long enough for me to use it, and she runs up behind me and says..."I need to get my stuff out, and brush my teeth"!  I just looked at her and said,  "Well, your gonna have to wait til I'm done"!  And she starts yelling..."don't start anything with me".  Oh, she's gonna keep it up, til I finish it!!!        She seems to think that her needs come before everyone else...well see, here's the thing, I just got rid of the biggest narcissist in the world, so she's small potatoe's to me.  And I like my tater's smashed! 

Ride Free  
    TWEEK

• February 15, 2012 1:27 AM PST
    Tweek you gotta solve this thing soon before someone gets their Tater Smashed go see the land lord and see what can be done. I know you are having tough times but maybe you can find another place .
  • February 15, 2012 3:28 AM PST
    Tweek it sounds to me like someone needs to be taken out back and taught some effin manners... just sayin
    • 0 posts
    February 16, 2012 7:56 AM PST
    Shit Tweek..This aint nothing that cant be solved with a well placed pillow and 4 minutes of pressure...CHEERS BOOF
  • February 16, 2012 1:28 PM PST
     You have to take the owner aside and honestly tell him/her the situation at hand.  You must let the landlord possibly play the decision-maker if no other alternative is available.  Let us know here at http://www.cyclefish.com  what you decide to do.
    • 9 posts
    February 17, 2012 12:14 AM PST

Lemme just say this, and then Im'ma let this go.  This Sunday, me, the roomie, and my LandLady, are sittin' down to hash this out.  But my LL told me already, that if the roomie can't get along, she's being put on notice.  The roomie actually asked why I wasn't being considered for eviction, and was told, that I was covering responsibilities that would be to hard to find a replacement for.  And...that no one else seems to have a problem with me.  I'll let ya know the final outcome.  Thanks so much, for the advice, the encouragement, and the HUMOR!  It's what gets me through the day!  <3 

Ride Free 
    TWEEK

• February 17, 2012 12:29 AM PST
    It sounds like the problem roomie needs to grow up and accept responsibility for herself, dog, and learn to work with others to make a happy living environment. I've learned that praying for everyone involved really helps, then just honestly talk with her about "making it work" and getting along. After all, this is a 3 way intersection.
    • 9 posts
    March 7, 2012 10:43 AM PST

Not to beat a deader-n-hell horse, but I told ya'll I would reveal the final outcome, so here it is.  We had the "meeting" with my "landlady" the "roomie" and me.  Where pretty much as predicted, it decelerated into a screamin' match, as she denied screamin' at me and cussin' me out, yet again.  The landlady pretty much told her, to "grow up" or move out.  Well, it's been like night and day.  When she finally got the clue, that SHE would be the one movin', she suddenly did an about face, and has been sweeter than pie.  She even paid for the veterinarian visit for Midnite, yesterday.  Which I am really grateful for.  And the four of us (the three roomies, and the landlady) went to a movie last nite, and it was actually not all that bad. I guess we just had to get to "that" place, for things to finally calm down around here. And what with my cat havin' to be put down, and my ex's baby bein' born...

I really need things to mellow out.  For real.

Ride Free 
    TWEEK

• March 7, 2012 11:50 AM PST
    Great Tweek took some time but it sounds like it worked for you.
    • 2 posts
    March 8, 2012 12:00 PM PST
    Old story

Had a professor who was Regular Army prior to WWII, when mules were the primary mode of transport.

They took on a muleteer to train the mules on the promise that he only use gentle methods, then sent he sent him out to address a particularly recalcitrant example.

He walked into the corral, pulled out a fence post & smacked the mule between the eyes.

The Sergeant in charge yelled, “Hey, you promised to use only gentle methods!”

The muleteer said “I do, I just have to get their attention first”.
  • March 9, 2012 11:32 PM PST

Have Rifle - Will Travel.....

(Not the dog...lol...the owner!!!)

• 9 posts
    March 10, 2012 12:04 AM PST

I feel ya, Jetman.  But I guess, I'll have to do the mellowing on my own.  Get one thing straight, and here comes another.  SHEIT!!!  So yesterday, the ex calls and blah, blah, blah...offers me the cat he don't want anymore.  Tells me, he'd like to see me, cause "he still loves me", and proceeds to send me pictures of his newborn son. (who was conceived, when WE were still a couple)???  Yeah...stupid me, I looked at them.  And cried for hours.  He knew when he met me that I couldn't have any more kids (I'm 13 yrs, older)  and he said that wasn't a problem.  Guess not.  His real problem? 
    A "twenty chaser".   Course, he missed it by a year, she was nineteen.  This...has taken the wind outta my sails. And left my self-esteem under a rear tire, somewhere. 

It'll be a while, before I recover from this.  And he, just doesn't get it. Well, not from me anyway...

So, that weapon...not just for crappy dog owners, eh?  *And just so there's no confusion...I ain't talkin' about me, here.

Ride Free 
    TWEEK

• March 10, 2012 12:19 AM PST
    Right....Do You Trust Your Friends On Here???

What I want you to do is go get a camera....and just exactly as you are right now, dont put no fancy make up on, just you dressed how you would dress today, Have your picture taken RIGHT NOW!!!  Get It Done!!!  I want you just standing up straight and looking directly at the camera and as whoever clicks the shutter you will think or say, "I AM ME"  Then you will post it in here as quick as you can get it on the computer ...ok?.....Right?

Then all your friends here will give you a simple honest comment, or two, or more...ok?

DO IT NOW!!!  Go On!!!!!  What are you still doing reading this..... GO!!!  Do It!!!

Are You still reading this???

"GIT 'ER DONE!!!"
    • 9 posts
    March 10, 2012 1:28 AM PST
    See...here's the thing. I don't know what I'm doin' on this contraption. And while I have managed to teach myself, the things I need for basic communications, takin' pic's and uploading and downloading and OMFG....no clue, dude! And....while I'm sure you're intentions are awesome, most everybody on site, has visited my profile, and knows what I look like. It's NOT my looks that bothers me. (Although, I'm keenly aware, that I'm gettin' older)...it's just the fact that I couldn't give him, somethin' he obviously wanted. In more ways than one. Ya know? Do I think I'm to blame for any of this? NO. Except that I, should've thought out a relationship with HIM, more carefully. But truthfully, I never planned on fallin' in love with him. It just happened. So, I just gotta deal with the fall-out.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1516 posts
    March 10, 2012 2:05 AM PST
    ahh Peg, that dang man. Sometimes people just don't think about anything buy themselves. Sounds like he wants the best of both worlds. I am sorry that he hurt you in the process, you don't deserve that. Like Jetman was pointing out, you are wonderful just the way you are, I have seen you and will point out that you are a very beautiful women. Not just pretty, but beautiful, cuz beauty is from the inside out.
    Here's to wishing you a well deserved calm and peace in your life. Also to a new chapter that will take you on to a place in your live, for you to be happy!
    Your friend Deb.. and if that doesn't work we will get some pasties from Russ and have a REAL good time!!
    • 9 posts
    March 10, 2012 6:56 AM PST
    Meet me in Daytona next Wednesday night. We'll show 'em a hump day....lmfao!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • March 10, 2012 12:44 PM PST
    What I actually meant was hold your head up girl...and just do what you got to do.....