Howdy from the chill of New Hampshire

• January 20, 2012 10:50 PM PST
    Hey folks, how goes the pavement where you are?  Bit slick and wet up here at the moment.  Anyone close by to Rindge, NH?
    Always looking to get with locals , and meeting new riders.

• 19046 posts
    January 20, 2012 10:51 PM PST
    Welcome from the 'at large' member to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.

NH is great riding in the summer but we be in the southland in the cold days...
  • January 20, 2012 11:17 PM PST
    Many thanks Rex. Whereabouts in Southland? I put 20 in service of the country (USArmy Retired), and spent many years traveling and living down there with you folks.
  • January 20, 2012 11:22 PM PST
    Welcome from Connecticut... how far upstate is Rindge, I head up that way every now and then in summer... Ed
  • January 20, 2012 11:34 PM PST
    Just over the MA border from Winchendon, which is north of Gardner/Fitchburg.
  • January 20, 2012 11:39 PM PST
    You are not far away at all...I ride thru there some times...maybe i will c u in spring
  • January 20, 2012 11:44 PM PST
    Sure, I used to live in MA and just moved over the border. Great roads up here. Taxes are better for me in NH. Holler when you are heading up.
    • 658 posts
    January 20, 2012 11:55 PM PST
    Howdy from down here in Carolina Doug. Glad to have ya with us.
  • January 21, 2012 12:01 AM PST
    Thanks Bikermedic. Glad to be here. Would rather be someplace warmer, and drier, but as they say, patience. Spring is just a few months away.
    • 910 posts
    January 21, 2012 12:29 AM PST
    Hey Doug, welcome to CF! I'm in MA
  • January 21, 2012 12:38 AM PST
    Hey Dough from NY just across from the VT border If I get out for a day this summer will give you a buzz. Webby
  • January 21, 2012 12:39 AM PST
    Hey there young lady. How you enjoying this latest garbage from Mother Nature?
  • January 21, 2012 12:42 AM PST
    webby wrote...
    Hey Dough from NY just across from the VT border If I get out for a day this summer will give you a buzz. Webby

Yea sure.  I do the Mohawk trail all the time from 91 over to North Adams and then south to  Pittsfield.
    • 19046 posts
    January 21, 2012 12:45 AM PST
    05RoadGlide wrote...
    Many thanks Rex. Whereabouts in Southland? I put 20 in service of the country (USArmy Retired), and spent many years traveling and living down there with you folks.

If you were ever at Ft Bragg, I was right next door once at Pope AFB. Thanks for your Service, I too am retired military, USAF. Right now my dog and I are on phase three of a two year RV road trip, with bike in tow. Hangin in Kill Devil Hills NC and soon to head towards south Texas.

• January 21, 2012 12:50 AM PST
    And a hearty THANK YOU for your time and service. No, no Bragg, Fort Eustis, VA though, Ft Dix, NJ and Ft Knox, oh, and retired at Ft Devens, MA. And that is just the East coast. Pop was Air Force for 20 years, here at Westover, MA. Jealous as hell about the RV trip.
    • 19046 posts
    January 21, 2012 12:57 AM PST
    Oh crap I forgot about Dix, I spent two years at McGuire too. Philly suburbs was where I spent my teens. Since AF time I have lived everywhere else. Most of my family are back in SE PA.
  • January 21, 2012 1:03 AM PST
    Yea, it is a big country we live in, but a small world.
    • 16837 posts
    January 21, 2012 4:59 AM PST
    Welcome from the Lake Erie shore of Pennsylvania.
  • January 21, 2012 6:16 AM PST
    Thanks for the welcome. Death before Dishonor.
    • 1855 posts
    January 21, 2012 6:42 AM PST
    Welcome from w central ohio. Did a New England ride in August. NH is absolutely beautiful.

Peace
    • 910 posts
    January 21, 2012 7:38 AM PST
    05RoadGlide wrote...

almost slid off the road twice on the way to meet a friend in Rochestor, MA then leaving there my car got stuck, we had to shovel it out with my ice scraper. Until that moment, I thought the snow coming down outside as I looked out the window was beautiful.
    • 5420 posts
    January 21, 2012 8:02 AM PST
    Welcome from what is normally sunny So California, but we're having are first real rain of the season today.

Enjoy the site!
  • January 21, 2012 10:05 AM PST
    Thanks Jimmyacorn. Read your message, and it is all true. Things just are not what they used to be, and there are way too many "posers" for me. I wear the "Vets Never Forget" patch, ride mostly Lone Wolf. So, I hold my own "patch" and am proud of it, this country, and what WE stand for. God Bless, Peace of Mind, and hope for the world.
  • January 21, 2012 10:08 AM PST
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    05RoadGlide wrote...

almost slid off the road twice on the way to meet a friend in Rochestor, MA then leaving there my car got stuck, we had to shovel it out with my ice scraper. Until that moment, I thought the snow coming down outside as I looked out the window was beautiful.

Yea, the weather turned to garbage quickly.  Glad everyone is safe.  Shoveling with an ice scrapper must have sucked.
  • January 21, 2012 10:09 AM PST
    Thanks Lucky...................