NASCAR - "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines"

• 16834 posts
    March 26, 2013 8:31 AM PDT
    The only choice I got was the Marines or soup kitchen. :-)
    • 5420 posts
    March 26, 2013 8:45 AM PDT
    The conversations at my son's school are probably something like...

Recruiter: The National Guard is a great choice for young men and women after high school

High School Kid: Can I drive the car?

Recruiter: The National Guard will build character, give you benefits to go to college, ect, ect...

High School Kid: But I can become a famous race car driver and be rich!

Recruiter: But you may not make it as a NASCAR driver and then you would have nothing. You could serve in the National Guard and then become a driver. If you don't make it you could still go to college and do other things with your life.

High School Kid: I'm sorry I wasn't listening. Did you say I could drive the car?
    • 16834 posts
    March 26, 2013 4:06 PM PDT
    I can dig that. :-)
    • 834 posts
    March 27, 2013 2:47 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    The conversations at my son's school are probably something like...

Recruiter: The National Guard is a great choice for young men and women after high school

High School Kid: Can I drive the car?

Recruiter: The National Guard will build character, give you benefits to go to college, ect, ect...

High School Kid: But I can become a famous race car driver and be rich!

Recruiter: But you may not make it as a NASCAR driver and then you would have nothing. You could serve in the National Guard and then become a driver. If you don't make it you could still go to college and do other things with your life.

High School Kid: I'm sorry I wasn't listening. Did you say I could drive the car?

That would have been me in High School

• 719 posts
    March 28, 2013 3:36 AM PDT
    Contact with Logano on the final lap Sunday sent Hamlin’s car sliding down into an inside wall not covered by the SAFER barrier, and the Joe Gibbs Racing driver was airlifted to a Southern California hospital. He was diagnosed with a compression fracture in his L1 vertebra, and on Tuesday the team announced that Hamlin would require six weeks to recover.

no fines were handed out witch supprizes me with steward but is what it is denny vary lucky it wasnt worse

• 719 posts
    April 2, 2013 3:04 AM PDT
    hey john is target joey's new sponcer???? just wondering with ur new profile pic lol
    • 16834 posts
    April 2, 2013 5:25 PM PDT
    RobNice1 wrote...
    hey john is target joey's new sponcer???? just wondering with ur new profile pic lol

It is this week.

• 719 posts
    April 3, 2013 2:25 AM PDT
    lol
    • 16834 posts
    April 12, 2013 4:45 PM PDT

Sen. Murphy Shows Disdain for First and Second Amendments!

Posted on April 12, 2013

On Saturday night, millions of NASCAR fans will tune in to Fox to watch the NRA 500 NASCAR race.  NASCAR fans are a natural audience to support NRA's message of safety, responsibility, and freedom and we are proud to sponsor this fantastic sporting event.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), who has emerged as one of the most shrill and radical voices calling for gun control in the U.S. Senate, recently demonstrated that he holds the First Amendment in the same low regard as he does the Second.

In an April 11 letter to Rupert Murdoch, chairman and chief executive officer of News Corporation, Sen. Murphy urged Fox not to broadcast the race.

In his letter, Murphy refers to "the NRA and its radical agenda".  NRA's "agenda," which includes enforcement of existing laws against criminals, enhancing school security, and improving our nation's mental health system, while opposing a ban on private firearm transfers between family members and gun bans, is described in Murphy's screed as an "extreme position."  In his warped world view, Murphy suggests the wholesale cancellation of the broadcast would "play a constructive role in our national dialogue" and says that unless Fox takes the extraordinary step of cancelling its broadcast, it would "be strengthening the brand of a radical organization that is currently standing in the way of meaningful progress on this issue" and will be giving "credence to an extreme organization."

Seeing Sprint sponsors the racing series, why arent the anti-texting folks raising hell?
    Mothers against drunk drivers attacking all the booze ads? And on and on.

RevBigJohn

• April 13, 2013 4:30 PM PDT
    Yep, there are many fruit cakes like Sen. Murphy in the country. Lots in Conn. to elect him in the first place and then to stand by him in the second place. I too feel sorry for all the kids at Sandy Hook, it took one of the states "cakes" to start all this mess in the beginning.
    • 16834 posts
    April 13, 2013 4:41 PM PDT
    Seeing FOX neglected to show this part, I will.

• April 14, 2013 6:36 AM PDT
    Nice photo Rev.
    Shame on Fox for not showing this.

Love him or hate him, you gotta admit, Kyle knows how to win a race.
    • 16834 posts
    April 14, 2013 7:00 AM PDT
    They didn't show much of the race's sponsor either.

Kyle is good for sure, Kurt was quite upset when little brother knocked him off the poll.

I'm still rooting for whomever is in the 11, seems like it can run upfront no matter who is in the seat.
  • April 14, 2013 1:58 PM PDT
    our view of start of NRA 500
    • 5420 posts
    April 15, 2013 5:52 PM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    They didn't show much of the race's sponsor either.

Kyle is good for sure, Kurt was quite upset when little brother knocked him off the poll.

I'm still rooting for whomever is in the 11, seems like it can run upfront no matter who is in the seat.

Haven't had a chance to keep up on anything lately... when is Denny gonna be back behind the wheel?

• 16834 posts
    April 15, 2013 6:03 PM PDT
    Denny is hoping for the Toyota Owners 400 on Saturday April 27 at Richmond International Raceway.
    • 719 posts
    April 19, 2013 1:35 AM PDT
    i think the nra needs to slap a law suit against fox for showing much of the winners circle if someone sponcers a race and nascar takes their money for that race then fox or any other broadcasting company that is under contract with nascar most give that sponcer the same respect and air time as any other!!!!!!!!
    and as far as denny being back in the seat by richmond he needs to rethink that and wait till he is 100% b4 he gets back behind the wheel or his next set of wheels may have a chair attached to them.......

proud supporter of the nra and the 2nd amendment.............and if ur thinking about getting ur concealed carry permit u need to stop thinking about it just do it b4 the laws change
    • 16834 posts
    April 19, 2013 5:43 AM PDT
    With nothing from FOX, NASCAR or NRA being said maybe there is some legal stuff going down.
    • 5420 posts
    April 19, 2013 6:41 AM PDT
    I know its not NASCAR, but I love any and all type off racing (NASCAR, Open Wheel, Motorcycle, Boats, etc), so I will be heading over to the Long Beach Grand Prix this weekend! Just watching some of the practice on TV and was real temped to call it a day, jump on the bike and run over.

As for Denny, he seems to be a fairly smart young man looking forward to a long NASCAR career.  I am sure when you see him back in the drivers seat it will be only after he and his doctors are 100% sure the time is right.
    • 16834 posts
    April 19, 2013 3:52 PM PDT
    Denny drove soon after a knee operation, also with stitches in the palm of his hand.
    He is still young enough that he heals quick. :-)
    • 5420 posts
    April 20, 2013 3:52 AM PDT
    Yep, I remember being young and healing quick :-) Now not so fast.

Looking forward to seeing hm back behind the wheel soon!
    • 16834 posts
    April 20, 2013 4:38 PM PDT
    Me too. :-)
    • 719 posts
    April 29, 2013 4:19 PM PDT
    denny said if he cant come back by darlington he is going to go ahead and have the back surgery and be out the rest of the year witch i think would be his best bet
    • 16834 posts
    April 30, 2013 7:19 AM PDT
    The shame is he has been in "The Chase" every year since his rookie season when he was "Rookie Of The Year".
  • April 30, 2013 8:33 AM PDT
    Lucky if you like all kinds of racing we have the best show on the West Coast right in your back yard. USAC/CRA 410 non wing Sprint Cars this weekend. Yeee Hawwww!

Perris Auto Speedway located at the Lake Perris Fair grounds, Perris Ca.

http://www.perrisautospeedway.com/ />