Need a Road Name ASAP

• November 24, 2011 3:47 AM PST
    I'm back!  It has been a while since I posted.  Over the past year or so I've been prospecting with a national MC, and I've had to be focused on that.  Those of you who have gone through that process know what I mean.

Here's the deal, I may be coming to the end of my prospecting time and my sponsor has given me the rare opportunity of suggesting some road names for myself.  (Usually you pick the up along the way when you do something that inspires a road name.)

I always thought that it would be great if I could come up with a name on my own rather than getting named after doing something "memorable".

Anyway, now I have a chance to do just that and I'd like your help.  I need road name suggestions.  I thought I might get some inspiration from you all.

Here are some things about me to inspire you:
    I live in Orange County, CA.
    I used to live in Minn and N. Dakota.
    I love cigars and scotch whisky.
    I ride an Electra Glide (black).
    I'm a hypnotist by profession
    I like SciFi movies
    I'm a spiritual kind of guy.

I hope that helps you to help me.
    Hypno
    Red and Black Cap & Electra Glide
    PS  I'm looking for something different than Hypno.
    • 5419 posts
    November 24, 2011 3:56 AM PST
    Hey Hypno, glad you stopped in... it has been a while

Congats on the upcoming patch!

You could go with "Smoke"... every time I have met you it has been over a cigar!
  • Pat
    November 24, 2011 6:49 AM PST
    Well I never meet you so congrats on the upcomin' patch you do look like a Smoke to me I guess I got lucky my street name is Rebel lee I've had it for 30 years now. Good luck and keep the rubber side down.
  • November 24, 2011 7:37 AM PST
    No offense but it seems to me your Friends, Family or Brothers should have given you a name. Coming up with your own seems wrong. You must have had a nickname given to you previously ( maybe when you were younger ).
    If not I'd go with the name Clinton for your love of cigars...haha
    • 19007 posts
    November 24, 2011 8:06 AM PST
    Congrats and I'm with Rob. Should be an earned tag. Although as a fine cigar smoker too I like Smoke or Smokie.
    • 9 posts
    November 24, 2011 8:47 AM PST

Smoke's ok, but been done. I really like Tranque. A synonym for hypnotize is tranquillize. Your a tranquillizer, so I'm thinking the name fits. Or as they say...if the foo, shits...lol. Anyways, just my 2, brother. And welcome back. Are you gonna share the name of the club, when you get your patch, or is that not "allowed"? I rode on the fringe of a couple different clubs, up north, and held a patch for a "ladies club", which I "can't" mention, cause I no longer hold the patch. I know some, discourage talking outside the ranks. Whatever the case may be, congrats on graduating from "probi" status, and earning your colors.

Ride Free

Tweek
    • 1855 posts
    November 24, 2011 10:52 AM PST
    As a retired national patch holder I gotta say it's up to your brothers to give you a handle. Don't be in such a hurry for that handle. And trust me, they'll give you one that fits. I got a couple of ideas but it ain't my call. Still, congrats on the soon to be patched.

Peace
    • 1780 posts
    November 24, 2011 11:11 AM PST
    OK Bro no offense, but when I first looked at your picture and knowing you liked Scifi movies.....the first thing that poped into my head was "Rodan" from the old B flick Scifi movies.

Night Dragon
  • November 24, 2011 11:30 AM PST
    Road names are earned...they just happen.... unexpected!
    • 2 posts
    November 24, 2011 1:45 PM PST
    Nothing more embarrassing than coming up w/ handle & nobody using it (don't ask)
    Given the gray beard & northern origin you might go for "snowy"
    • 1161 posts
    November 24, 2011 3:38 PM PST
    I have a bit of a twist on it maby Silver Back because your going to be patching in soon and Silver in the beard. Just a bit of a play on words.

As for the Sifi it depends on what kind of Sifi your in to because I'm into Sifi but not StarTrek more horror or Monster movies.
  • November 24, 2011 5:06 PM PST
    Your Brothers should give you the name, or one you been called all along, Picking your own is just odd , especially if your in a 3 piece patch situation.
  • November 24, 2011 11:02 PM PST
    The " OUTFIT " will name you sure enough give it time.
    • 3006 posts
    November 25, 2011 6:13 AM PST
    Keeping in the spirit of the post, might I suggest giving us a few more details,like what's your most memorable moment while riding? or most favorite sci fi movie,or incorporate some former state/town name into your new handle,like dakotasunshine or minnesotamike etc etc it should be a handle your comfortable with yet also made in conjunction w/club members who agree its a fitting name.
    • 1780 posts
    November 25, 2011 7:38 AM PST
    Hey how about HIPNO.......short for hypnotist........or maybe...... kind of long but "I'm going to hypnotise you and take your money."
    • 1780 posts
    November 25, 2011 7:44 AM PST
    Better watch out with that Red hat the Crips might think your a Blood........Just pulling your leg.
  • November 26, 2011 5:00 AM PST
    Far from me to give advice on a handle, but might this not be another part of the prospecting process? Could it be that they already have a road name for ya, but want to "see" what ya come up with?