New heated grips - Woo Hoo!!

• 580 posts
    November 10, 2011 9:55 AM PST

The weather is getting pretty cool over here but last week I had some new heated grips fitted on Ethel.

Not had chance to test them on a ride yet but will be going on a Toy Run next weekend so here's hoping my fingers will be warm and toasty instead of the usual numb sticks

• 9 posts
    November 12, 2011 11:01 AM PST
    Now that's something, I could wrap my cold boney fingers around....lol. Soooo jealous. Lemme know how they work out. I wear nose-pickers, and my fingers always get cold, below sixty degrees....
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 19034 posts
    November 12, 2011 10:30 PM PST
    There are many times I wish I had them.
    • 2072 posts
    November 13, 2011 12:00 AM PST
    Love my heated grips this time of year. And, when it get really cold I have bar mitts that cover your entire hand almost to your elbow. With those along with the heated grips and a heated vest I can ride in some really cold weather !!!!
  • November 13, 2011 1:05 AM PST
     . . ...im thinkn on getting a set. ..I have first generation Gerbing gloves that Chili bought me to go with my jacket liner one Christmas...used em once for a Fall Color Ride....was VERY cold that day and everyone was complaining about how cold their hands were....mine were actually sweating...so ofcourse I had to rub it in just a bit.....never wore em again though...they are VERY thick...and I like to be able to feel the grips...which I had trouble doing with these....thinkn bout selling em and buying a new pair, as I hear they are thinner...

....good to see ya posting Choco ! .. 
    • 580 posts
    November 13, 2011 4:00 AM PST
    Like Timbrwolf - thick gloves are a prob for me as I need to feel the grips for confidence so the heated grips should hopefully do the trick. Hoped to get out this weekend for a quick blast but it hasn't happened so will defo be testing em out next Saturday and will let you know. BLC my friend Rachel loves her bar mitts but I'm not too sure about them myself. Will see how the heated grips do and think again if needs be.
    • 19034 posts
    November 13, 2011 11:36 PM PST
    I had a chilly ride yesterday and was wishing my old arthritic hands were being warmed. One thing that I have done in the past is two gloves and those chemical 'hot hands' pads. Wear a thin pair of liners and tape the pad to the back of the liner. Then a pair of medium over-gloves. This works really well at least down to 20F (6C) and they can be bought in bulk for about 50 cents each.
  • November 14, 2011 2:17 AM PST
    Good news my friend and hope you are warm this year with all the toy drives you ride in.
    • 3006 posts
    November 15, 2011 4:00 AM PST
    Let us know how they work out Choc,my old lame fingers have been freezin up on me as of late,hate wearing my ski gloves due to the bulk,great for warmth thru the worst stuff yet absolutely no "feel" on the grip.
    Usually I wear a liner n heavy gloves,heated grips would be great !!!
  • April 24, 2014 5:30 AM PDT
    Can you use any type of motorcycle grips with heated grips? I just installed a pair of these, www.vipcycle.com/suzuki-gsxr-1000-gsxr-1100-motorcycle-chrome-handlebar-iso-grips-pair/ /> two weeks ago, but was thinking about putting heated grips on as well.  This year has been colder than normal in the northeast.  I hope I don't have to buy new grips in order to make them heated.
    • 5420 posts
    May 8, 2014 3:11 AM PDT
    Most heated grips I have ever seen come with the grips themselves. Although I have seen some replacement grips that work with heated grips. I have seen grips similar to what you have from Kuryakyn that are for heated grips, but noticed they were split grips and not slip on