....last real ride of the season ?

• 1161 posts
    January 20, 2012 2:26 PM PST
    Well, this is the time I enjoy the south (because it is still 50+ most days) and I get to ride just get a few things taken care of so I can. I will be happy to get back on and do such. Just not into the 80 degree weather with humidity.
  • January 20, 2012 3:56 PM PST
    It was a breezy 80 degrees today, but I didn't get to ride. I replaced my battery and got new spark plugs and wires... so tomorrow I will be in the wind again.
    • 9 posts
    January 20, 2012 8:28 PM PST
    I'm with you CorKat....

sigh...

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • January 21, 2012 9:18 AM PST
     . ...well..winter is definitely locked in here...with the wind chill was 10 below zero the other night. I been driving down to Lake Margarethe lately, which is 4 miles down the road, and wandering around. Lot of folks go there and set up their ice shantys and ice fish...the hard core ones show up with a bucket and a saw and saw a hole in the ice and sit on the bucket. Drove down last week and wandered around for a while....those are Ice shantys out on the ice..

. .....did this close up with a fixed 80 mm lens on my Fuji.......takes a certain kind to sit out on a frozen lake in the freezing cold fishing while
    ...freezing yer nads off.. 

...looking down and across the lake..

...then I wandered around the shore for a bit, looking for any wild life..

. ...my Blazer

...Northern Michigan has miles and miles of back dirt roads....most well maintained and plowed....I love driving out in the woods alone and just exploring..

.....well...wont be in the wind any time soon....so exploring Mother Nature is a great ...temporary distraction..

. .......C mon Spring !!! .. 

• January 21, 2012 9:23 AM PST
    I'd be begging for spring too if I lived in that mess Timbr. We don't have a winter like that here but we do get cold. Have only had one below freezeing night so far and I sure hope we get a few more or our summer will be buggier than I can stand (Is buggier a word?)
  • January 21, 2012 9:26 AM PST
     ...yes...to most women. ...buggier is a word.. 
  • January 21, 2012 10:01 AM PST
    I am glad it will be back up to 50 here come Monday. At least all this white stuff will melt away, and I can take the bike out again.