New Here

• October 10, 2011 5:40 AM PDT
    Charleston SC. History of motocross then went street. Had street accident and left bikes behind for 20 years.
    Got a Honda Shadow by just blind luck as it was too cheap to pass. Having a blast again at the age of 53.
    Will keep the Honda till spring then move up to a 1200 or larger.
    • 5420 posts
    October 10, 2011 6:14 AM PDT
    Welcome, glad you found your way back to riding!!! I hear some version of that all the time... people who stopped riding for a number of years - for whatever reason and then get back into it right about their late 40s early 50s.

Enjoy the site! And be sure to ride safe out there. There are a lot more cars and a lot more distractions for drivers these days!!!!
  • October 10, 2011 6:23 AM PDT
    Welcome, I'm in the same spot - started at 6 y/o, stopped in college for different toys; boats, vettes, airplanes. Now back on what I liked when in college, '84 Honda V65 Magna 1100 almost 30 years later. Wow what a beast 121HP stock, I had to learn how to do wheelies all over again (but now with a 600 lb. beast)
    • 19040 posts
    October 10, 2011 6:53 AM PDT
    Welcome to the best damned biker site on this here web thingy...
  • October 10, 2011 7:13 PM PDT
    Welcome to the site from So. Cal and glad you got back into riding. Stay safe and have fun! Look into some of the advanced motorcycle safety courses, there great for people that have alot of riding experience but who are getting back into riding after a long layoff.
  • October 10, 2011 8:40 PM PDT
    Welcome from Montana and glad to hear you made it back into the wind.
    • 567 posts
    October 11, 2011 3:27 AM PDT
    Greetings from the Sunshine State. Welcome to CF and welcome back to 2 wheels.
    • 16831 posts
    October 11, 2011 12:16 PM PDT
    Hello from the north west corner of the Keystone state.
  • October 12, 2011 3:31 AM PDT
    Welcome to this too fun and funny site. These guys and gals are a hoot and are great people to know. Welcome and have fun from Nevada.
  • October 12, 2011 3:51 AM PDT
    Hey, Welcome from the Southern Tier of N.Y.. I too am 53 and just bought a Honda Shadow 750 RS after getting my license back in July. I absolutely am addicted to biking, and really like this site. I want to trade up to something bigger and able to go much longer distances probably in a year or two.
  • October 12, 2011 4:02 AM PDT
    Welcome. I just returned from your home town from Florida, Beautiful town. Ride safe and often.