Oldtimer here

• 1855 posts
    September 26, 2011 4:32 AM PDT
    Well, not sooooooo old; still in my early 60's.  Been riding 46 years and that's about all I know.  Retired now and enjoying life on the road; between takin' care of our property and our dog.  Love my dog but she's a challenge when we want to hit the road.  Tough finding someone who'll take care of her.  Can't stand the thought of boarding her for long periods of time.

I have a couple of bikes: '98 WideGlide and a 2010 RoadKing.  Ordered a 2012 Switchback  (just love that dyna chassis) and waiting for it to arrive, so the RK is up for sale.

I have a wonderful lady in my life who holds on tight and loves to ride.  I'm a guitar player; well I play "at" it anyway. It keeps me focused when I need it.  There's more I could yap about but a little info at a time seems to be the best way. 

Hope to enjoy my stay here.  Hope ya'll enjoy some of my stories of the road and pics to come.

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    September 26, 2011 5:13 AM PDT
    Welcome Jimmy - Well I hope the early 60s aren't old, cause I'm on my way there.

Enjoy the site!
    • 846 posts
    September 26, 2011 5:56 AM PDT
    Welcome Jim from the Northeast (Mass) look forward to storys and photos. Lot of good folks here so enjoy.
    • 3006 posts
    September 26, 2011 4:03 PM PDT
    Hello from N Calif ! & Welcome to the best motorbike board on the web !
    Stay Safe n Enjoy the Ride
    • 19049 posts
    September 27, 2011 12:38 AM PDT
    Welcome Jimmy! Switchback huh? Love that bike but my King is still the King. Traveling with a pup can be difficult but worth the effort. I have been on the road via RV for the past year and my boy Riley has been my constant companion, except when I take Rex (the King) for a ride. Again Welcome!
    • 567 posts
    September 27, 2011 1:10 AM PDT
    Greetings from the Sunshine State and welcome to CF. There's a local monthly bike nite here where one vendor sells a trailer designed specifically to haul your pooch. That might be one answer .. depending on the size of the dog.
    • 567 posts
    September 27, 2011 1:10 AM PDT
    Greetings from the Sunshine State and welcome to CF. There's a local monthly bike nite here where one vendor sells a trailer designed specifically to haul your pooch. That might be one answer .. depending on the size of the dog.
    • 16840 posts
    September 27, 2011 2:30 AM PDT
    Hello from Pennsylvania's north coast.