Parts for 68 Triumph?

• August 23, 2011 11:51 AM PDT
    Anybody know where I might be able to find parts for a 68 triumph?  Nephew is putting together an old chopper with a Triumph motor.  Needing a oil tank and battery box.

• 5420 posts
    August 28, 2011 3:47 PM PDT
    Not sure how far you are from Martinsville, but if its not too far I would check out Walneck's Swap Meet.  They are known to have tons of vintage parts at their swap meets.  You may even want to give them a call and ask if they know if anyone with parts for that bike will be there.  Buzz & Pixie Walneck are great people!!!
  • September 11, 2011 7:32 AM PDT
    Hey Cowboy, The first bike shop I wrkd for was a Honda, Triumph and BMW dealer. This was a real bike shop not the phony OEM franchisee of today. If he's till there you might try Imperial Cycle in Cheektowaga, N.Y. Gus Keyes started the business after WWII, his son Chuck was doing it in the late 60's and thereafter, and if its still in the Keyes family undoubltably its Chuck's on or grandson. Check it out. If he doesn't have it he may be able to bird dog you to it. Good luck.
  • September 11, 2011 7:35 AM PDT
    Hey Cowboy, The first bike shop I worked for was a Honda, Triumph and BMW dealer. This was a real bike shop not the phony OEM franchisee of today. If he's still there, you might try Imperial Cycle in Cheektowaga, N.Y. Gus Keyes started the business around or shortly thereafter WWII, his son Chuck was doing it in the late 60's and thereafter, and if its still in the Keyes family undoubltably its Chuck's son or grandson. Check it out. If he doesn't have it he may be able to bird dog you to it. Good luck.