Redwood Run 2012

• June 28, 2011 5:22 PM PDT
     OK , we need to start working on next year....      2012 Redwood Run     Whose coming?      What do you want to eat?     What music do you want to hear?     Games?
    This is an event put on for you.     How can we make it better?         Did you like the location?                                                                        Anyone interested in a pool tournament under the trees?                                                               
    Please let us know.               Shanda
    • 1364 posts
    June 29, 2011 2:04 AM PDT
    Deener and I will be there for sure, Rock and Roll of course and Blues. The new site was great. Food was also good. One thing that would be nice if the dirt road along the trees could be watered down once in a while to keep the dust down a little. It was also very nice to have the porta pottys cleaned daily  Having someone on a quad driving around selling ice would be cool
    • 1516 posts
    June 29, 2011 2:12 AM PDT
    We will be there too, for sure. I agree with Jeff, all good ideas. I loved the new location, it was perfect. In the shower area, it would be nice to have some chairs so that you can come out and sit down to get your shoes and stuff back on. A sink area to brush your teeth and stuff is nice too.
    • 5420 posts
    June 29, 2011 3:00 AM PDT
    I would be perfectly happy if the run next year was exactly the same as this year - location, food, bands, etc - with maybe a few more people, which is inevitable with all the good things being said about it.

However, the location could be a problem unless the ticket sales were capped at around 2,500. I am sure the Kiwanis want to see it grow, and so do we, but that means a new larger location is a must.
  • July 1, 2011 4:25 PM PDT
    Food was great, sorry you had so many problems, couldn't tell. Margarita mix needs stocked a little better, I guess I kept drinking it all, or at least I tried. The showers were too small, too few and too dirty, Potta Potty's were clean and well stocked. Ice and water was unavailable. Bands were good. The people working the booths were great, couldn't have more freindly. I would like to help out a couple of days setting things up if I could pitch my tent.
  • July 2, 2011 1:00 PM PDT
    Keith is talking about building permanent showers. I will make sure there are sinks, benches or chairs at the showers next year. The permit is going to be 5000 or so. There is actually more property that goes with the Bowman Ranch than you guys used. They are also talking about linking properties with the neighbor.
    What bands do you want to hear?       Food?         Amusement?
  • July 5, 2011 3:40 AM PDT
    Next year if all goes right I plan on making the Redwood Run. I scooted over to Hollister yesterday just to say I was there during what might have been a scheduled rally... such a bummer they hosed that rally! The weather was perfect and sunny and compared to Seaside, HOT! :-)
    • 5420 posts
    July 5, 2011 4:17 AM PDT
    Hope you can make it, look forward to meeting you!!!
  • July 10, 2011 10:49 AM PDT
    HP, we'll be there for sure. Loved the venue and no complaints.

I would suggest trying to get one of the gas stations in town to host a bikini bike wash. Good entertainment and a way to up the bottom line.

More vendors would have been good but as it was, ispent less money.

Again, great job and no complaints.

• 3006 posts
    July 10, 2011 4:32 PM PDT
    Missed this year,hope to go next year,as I know quite a few riders who have said it was a lot of fun.Musically speaking I would like to hear some Canned Heat revival band,yet thats wishfull thinking,any blues progressive band is alrite !!! If possible , maybe Heartbreaker? (Led Zepplin cvr band) they do tour internationally and currently are appearing do in Santa Cruz Felton area this next weekend,check em out if your down that way,it is money well spent.
  • July 11, 2011 4:32 AM PDT
    We plan on going again next year after missing this years event. I would love to see some bands that play southern rock! Maybe even a country act or two. Sorry but I am just not a big fan of the blues it just makes me want to yell when they just keep playing the same three chords for 10 minutes over and over.
  • July 11, 2011 3:04 PM PDT
    You guys are in luck... I dont think they are going to have blues next year. there will be benches at the showers.. it is on the list.