HELLO FROM N.W. PA

• June 21, 2011 1:59 AM PDT

Just sending out a hey to everyone, newbie to forums.
    Love to ride and am always looking for new people to ride with and new places
    to see.  Located about 45 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA.  
    Have a HD Sportster and a Kawasaki 250 dual sport, so obviously I don't care what
    you ride as long as you ride.
    Been riding about 3 years and am trying to get as much seat time in as I can.  Started
    riding to work when possible for experience and gas mileage.  Haven't rode with large
    groups yet, most has been 4-5 bikes. 
    Friends don't have bikes so usually the lone rider, which is nice for clearing the mechanism.
    But, have found that its also nice to ride with others that like to put some miles under the butt. 
    Plan on starting to hit some rallies and bike nights for a change up, usually just get on the bike
    and ride.

So if you find yourself in the Butler, PA area look me up, I'm always up for seat time.

• 567 posts
    June 21, 2011 2:20 AM PDT
    Greetings from the Sunshine State. Other than a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway this September, I won't be riding much in your area. Still, welcome to CF and I do hope you get to meet up with riders in your area.
    You might try checking with the local HD dealership to see if they have info on a HOG group in your area .. or some other rider organization. I'm a member of a Kawasaki Vulcan group here and I know they have chapters around the US. In our "club", you don't have to own a Vulcan to be a member and anyone is welcome to join in on the rides.
    Ride safe.
  • June 21, 2011 2:35 AM PDT
    Thanks Bill, local HOG chapter is great but mostly large group rides and poker runs. Looking
    for smaller groups. Everyone should def look into local clubs/orgs though they are great and the people are
    usually the same.
    • 5420 posts
    June 21, 2011 2:56 AM PDT
    I'm a little far to go riding with you, but I did want to say Hi and Welcome to the site!
    • 16828 posts
    June 21, 2011 5:20 AM PDT
    Hello from Pennsylvania's north coast.
    • 2 posts
    June 21, 2011 6:25 AM PDT
    South Central NY (i.e. Finger Lakes) area here

You have great places to ride
    • 1 posts
    June 21, 2011 11:10 AM PDT
    Hi from LV, NY....
    • 19037 posts
    June 22, 2011 12:33 AM PDT
    Welcome and Hi from a former SE PA resident. You have found a great Site. Enjoy it.
  • August 4, 2011 3:41 PM PDT
    Hello from just a little further north then you. Cranberry, Pa. not the one in Butler county, but the one in Venango County by Oil City and Franklin, Pa.
    • 16828 posts
    August 5, 2011 5:07 AM PDT
    axel wrote...
    Hello from just a little further north then you. Cranberry, Pa. not the one in Butler county, but the one in Venango County by Oil City and Franklin, Pa.

I got the two Cranberry's mixed up once and went to the wrong one, I didn;t know at the time there were two.

• August 23, 2011 2:26 AM PDT
    axel wrote...

Hello, have rode up around your area and hit a few car shows in Oil City.