Greetings from NEPA

• June 19, 2011 8:30 AM PDT
     Hey all,

Female rider of both a 90 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 and an '03 Triumph America (800cc) (the Triumph being a fairly new purchase and my primary ride these days).

I ride with Soldier's Angels and alone or with a friend or two occasionally.  Tend to be a bit of a loner when I ride.  I've done and will again (I'm sure) bigger bike runs with groups, but prefer riding alone or with one or two others.

Been riding since 2008, when I bought my first bike, a 2007 Q-Link Legacy (Chinese, automatic, 250cc - great starter bike, but I outgrew it in two weeks) and took the MSC at Blocker's in Parryville, PA.  I recommend the course to *everyone* I talk to who wants to learn to ride.  In PA, the MSC is free and really helps new riders realize the details they might not even be aware exist.  Bought the Vulcan in October of 2008? 2009? and sold the Q-Link that same year, and then bought the Triumph this April (2011).  Now my garage is complete... a Vulcan & a Triumph and I am a happy gal. 

I always wear a helmet (like my brains where they are), but prefer a half-lid over a full face (started with a full face and was shocked when I moved to a half lid how much more I could see & hear!), always wear sleeves - a leather when the heat isn't so bad and usually a textile otherwise - unless the heat is severely oppressive (95F and above), but *always* sleeves and jeans and boots.

I'm short (5'3"and getting older (39, 40 this October), have two boys - ages 8 (who is an Aspie) and 18 (yes, quite a time between them), work in a psych hospital and run my own transcription business, and am just finally letting my SO/OM ride again - he totaled my Vulcan last summer, so it took awhile to trust him enough to let him on the bike again...    

I have one sister in the Navy (Chief), my brother in the Army, my youngest sister medicaled out of Boot for the Navy, and my other sister was Air Force for two stints.  I was married to an Army Reserve recruiter for seven years as well.  

So, that's me in a nutshell.  Hi, everyone.

• 5420 posts
    June 19, 2011 8:45 AM PDT
    Hello & Welcome. Thanks for signing up and introducing yourself
  • June 19, 2011 8:53 AM PDT
    Thanks... took me a day to get to the intro, but I figured I'd just get it out of the way!
    • 0 posts
    June 19, 2011 9:09 AM PDT
    Gday there.Welcome from Brisbane Australia.Had the pleasure of meeting this mob last year in sturgis..You'll find their a good mob of folks here..Oh yeah and the new Sheila gets the first round of beers..CHEERS BOOF
    • 1364 posts
    June 19, 2011 9:47 AM PDT
    Welcome to CycleFish, Glad you found us. Enjoy.....
  • June 19, 2011 10:06 AM PDT
    Hey
  • June 19, 2011 1:01 PM PDT
    Hi Welcome
  • June 19, 2011 2:24 PM PDT
    Welcome from North Carolina. Enjoy the site.
    • 2 posts
    June 20, 2011 12:12 AM PDT
    Welcome from South Central NY - Land of The Finger Lakes - Wineries - Great Twisties - and stuck in the most degenerate, dysfunctional state in the Union

Elderly, dual-sport rider here - Can I touch your Triumph?
    • 19049 posts
    June 20, 2011 1:29 AM PDT
    Welcome, and Blockers huh? Been there a few times.
    • 3006 posts
    June 20, 2011 3:26 AM PDT
    Howdy,
    from N Calif !!
    Stay safe n enjoy the ride!!!
  • June 20, 2011 3:54 AM PDT
    Hi welcome to cyclefish from So. California! enjoy the site and we all look forward to hearing some of your riding stories and pictures from the road.
  • June 20, 2011 1:08 PM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    Welcome from South Central NY - Land of The Finger Lakes - Wineries - Great Twisties - and stuck in the most degenerate, dysfunctional state in the Union

Elderly, dual-sport rider here - Can I touch your Triumph?

As long as you polish off smudge marks so I don't have to.... (can you tell I had to wash & polish him today?!  Four hour run home and the first hour was in the rain... what a MESS he was!)

• June 20, 2011 1:10 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Welcome, and Blockers huh? Been there a few times.

Yup - nice guys in the service/parts dept!

• 1161 posts
    June 26, 2011 10:58 AM PDT
    Welcome to CF from South Georgia. I hope you enjoy it like we do!
    • 2 posts
    June 27, 2011 2:36 PM PDT
    Welcome, I'm from the NYC area but, I have a cabin in Pike County and I ride the NEPA area frequently. Glad to have you with us