Whats the best way to drop a Super Glide rear end.

• June 6, 2011 8:08 AM PDT
    Need advice!! Trying to figure out the best way to drop the back end on a 2000 Super Glide. Want a 3  to 3.5 inch drop but don't want to make it a hard tail! Are there after market shocks available to drop it with out installing a bracket? Seen the brackets every where but only drop it 2 inchs max. Putting a rake on it and need to level out the frame. Also, would a 3.5 drop effect the drive belt or would shifting the rear tire solve that?
    • 844 posts
    June 6, 2011 8:41 AM PDT
    Put my ex wife on it. That'll slam it to the ground!!!!
    • 0 posts
    June 6, 2011 8:52 AM PDT
    Mate there is a drop seat kits available where you take the top frame off and replace it with the lowered seat frame..Pretty sure custom chrome do it..I'm not sure if it will suit your bike but I know it fits later model baggers..CHEERS BOOF
    • 5420 posts
    June 6, 2011 9:29 AM PDT
    You're a funny funny man GoFur!!!

Just incase Gofurs ex isn't available, you may want to try these guys... http://www.westendmotorsports.com/harley-parts-suspension-c-638_1146.html, they have a good selection of lowering options.  Probably less maintenance too!
  • June 6, 2011 10:09 AM PDT
    LMAO Gofur. Lucky, the slammer kit will only drop it 2 1/2" I need Gofurs ex I guess for the other inch. Any other suggestions?
  • June 15, 2011 8:12 AM PDT
    Well I wouldn't give out ANY information, shame to do that to a Superglide...