Visiting from the dark side!

• June 2, 2011 11:51 AM PDT
    Long time enduro rider and sports tourer.  From a family with generations of riders from Indians to Zundapps.

I'm outside the box when it comes to cruisers, but I appreciate any form of two wheeled expression.

Back into trucking since the economy flushed, so forums are a way to unwind during my downtime.
    • 5420 posts
    June 2, 2011 12:29 PM PDT
    Welcome 'Ugly'. You'll fit right in here, because we don't care what you ride as long as you are between two wheels!!!
    • 567 posts
    June 2, 2011 1:22 PM PDT
    Greetings from the Sunshine State.
  • June 2, 2011 1:32 PM PDT
    Greetings from North Carolina!
    • 16840 posts
    June 2, 2011 1:34 PM PDT
    Hello from Pennsylvania's north coast
    • 580 posts
    June 4, 2011 10:22 AM PDT
    Welcome Ugly from West Yorkshire in England. Plenty to do and lots of folks to meet here so get stuck in.

Hugs

Choc and Shaun (o:
  • June 5, 2011 6:37 PM PDT
    Welcome to the site from So. California and could you let me in on what a Zundapp is? Im just curious thats all thanks.
    • 580 posts
    June 5, 2011 9:02 PM PDT
    wheels wrote...
    Welcome to the site from So. California and could you let me in on what a Zundapp is? Im just curious thats all thanks.

Glad it wasn't just me Wheels lol      I had to google it!!!   I'm sure Ugly will tell you much more about them but I found out they're a German motorcycle  

• 19049 posts
    June 5, 2011 11:40 PM PDT
    Welcome Ugly, I did a little of that waaayyy back when, and I have a lot of respect for truckers. Enjoy the site...
  • June 6, 2011 12:22 AM PDT

This is a Zundapp (borrowed internet pic, not my dad's).  There are also quite a few other things that are Zundapps, like most of the WWII German sidecars that everyone calls BMW's.

Their war models were about as different from a BMW as a Buick is from a Chevy.

German company, started out making hand grenade detonators during WW1 and then into motorcycles and cars and sewing machines.  The Zundapp logo is actually a bomb fuse.

They made dirt bikes, were very successful in Grand Prix racing with the smaller classes and eventually sold off corporate rights to India and China where their small moped things are probably still made.

From all reports, they were actually quite good bikes for their time.
    • 2 posts
    June 7, 2011 3:02 AM PDT
    Dual Sport rider from the swamps of South Central NY here

Kicked the tires on a few Zundapps hiding in the weeds @ local motorcycle dealer/bone-yard but never got on one. -

How about a Puch? - Was on & inside that one - Really interesting engine, take too many syllables to describe but like nothing I ever saw before or since - Think Sears sold it under the "Allstate" badge

• 30 posts
    September 16, 2011 8:38 AM PDT
    Hello from Washington State